I stayed in Room 128 on Saturday March 26, 2011. You really get what you pay for in my opinion. Considering I stayed at another hotel last year for Around The Bay I thought other hotels would pull out the stops to welcome racers to the city. In the case of the Days Inn I was sadly mistaken. The two staff at the front counter were swamped with the number of people coming to check in around 5 p.m. The clerk was kind of ho-hum and lacked any sort of charm. When I got to my room the first thing that I noticed (being a non-smoker) is the room had a very musty smell (almost like it used to be a smoking room but was converted into a non-smoker). The lighting was a little dark for my taste and the view was excellent if you like seeing a back alley and a car in a covered garage covered with snow. The air conditioner/heater worked well and kept the room at an adequate temperature but you would think the cleaning staff could at least remove the children's artwork from it (see photo). The bed was okay and there were lots of pillows - nothing special though.
My biggest beef with the room was the noise and the insulation (or lack of it). Every time someone flushed their toilet on the second floor you could hear it plain as day. Plus people banging the fire door in the hallway echoed right into the room.
Parking was a bit of a challenge and I think the property is probably underrated for the number of hotel rooms. I ended up parking in a corner on a 45-degree angle (basically the last spot in the lot).
One strange thing, they give out the TV remotes at the front desk. This is the first time I have seen this.
The complementary breakfast was okay but the space was a bit cramped and the selection was a little bit difficult to comprehend (stuff hidden and not in any sort of particular order).
Finally, for one day a year you would think a chain like Days Inn could afford to give people a complementary late check out (say 1pm or 2pm) to allow runners to come back and shower after the race. No, they wanted an extra $35. I'm not paying $35 for a shower, thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Days Inn Hamilton is a new hotel located in Downtown Hamilton. This 100% smoke-free hotel offers complimentary Continental Breakfast, Fitness Center, Free Local Calls, Free Wireless Internet and Free Parking. All rooms have Fridge, Microwave, 32in LCD TVs, Iron, Ironing Board and some rooms have Jacuzzi Tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Days Inn Hamilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Hamilton Hotel Hamilton
- Hamilton Days Inn
- Days Inn Hamilton Ontario, Canada