“A Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
winnipeg manitoba
“A Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 29 April 2009

I had to travel to Hamilton with my Mother who was having heart surgery, a stressful time to say the least, Azim and his staff went out of there way to take care of my sister and myself.
The hotel was always clean and tidy, the staff friendly and the rooms relaxing. The location is also close to great restaurants and walking distance to the hospital, 15 minutes two old ladies. A great place to stay will rebook if I go back to Hamilton.

Thanks again Azim and your staff

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
daysinnhamilton, Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, 9 May 2009
Thank you for your excellent comments.

Azim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ontario
Reviewed 23 April 2009

The online reviews I read about this hotel made me choose it. So I want to return the favour for others. This was a great place. Staff was friendly, helpful. Rooms were clean.I liked the fact that the whole place was a non-smoking facility so no stale stinky left over smells that are often tried to be covered with other "fragrences". Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Thank you for your excellent comments.

Ontario
Reviewed 23 March 2009

Although you can hear people hit the wall with their beds when they enter them, we did not notice any sounds besides that. Temperature was comfortable for this time of the year (March).

Would recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments.

Alliston, Canada
Reviewed 10 February 2009

Stayed there in Feb '09 for one evening. A little sketchy looking from the outside, but a hidden gem inside. Rooms are updated and quite nice, probably one of the nicest 90 dollar rooms I've ever stayed in. The service was excellent and check-in and out were streamline. Three small issues that kept it from 5 stars. First, it was minus 25 Celcius outside and the little heater in my room couldn't keep up with the temperature, so it was freezing in there all night. Second, there was quite a bit of noise filtering into my room from surrounding rooms and/or the hallway. Finally, the continental breakfast, while nice, is right beside the door to the outside where it was a) freezing cold and b) there were people smoking directly outside the front door so the smell was filtering into where we were trying to eat. Was unpleasant.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
sharp83, Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, 18 February 2009
Thank you for your excellent comments. We will look into your suggestions.

Manager
London
Reviewed 22 November 2008

My company requested us to stay at a hotel that has a very poor reputation. I refused to stay there and had my husband find something better. He found the Days Inn in Hamilton on this web sight and I book my weeks stay there. The minute I walked into the lobby I felt comfortable and safe. The room was clean and spotless and and the most important the bathroom was clean. I was able to spread my stuff out and make myself at home for the week. I enjoyed the mini fridge and micowave in the room and the television was great. The desk staff was friendly and greeted be at any time I walked in. The one evening when the water was turn off (City working on water main) the desk clerk made sure to tell me what was going to happen and as well a message was left for my telling me the same. The breakfast was great and I was able to enjoy the paper and television while I ate. I will be back the next two weeks and have already booked my rooms for the stay and have told my company that this is the hotel to use for the staff that are on assignment in the Hamilton Burlington Dundas area.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your stay and your excellent reviews. We hope to see you again.

Manger
Toronto
Reviewed 29 October 2008

Stayed at this Days Inn on the weekend, and was pleasently suprised by the service and hospitality I recieved during my stay. The staff were very politie and cordial, and the rooms were very clean. For the low price that I paid for this stay, I did not expect to get 5-star treatment, but I did!!!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your stay and excellent comments. We apologise in replying to your commenst. Please feel free to send us an email at info@hamiltondaysinn.com.

Manager
hamilton,ontario
Reviewed 25 October 2008

I was driving through hamilton and found myself tired and sleepy.I saw the days inn and decided to get a room went inside and spoke with a small man and he said he was full.Then I saw another man come out of his office and he offered me a deal, they were pushy and rude then all night into the morning I heard screaming yelling and foul language.I was scared to come out of my room,then in the a.m I was getting coffee and seen police.Apparently these people on drugs smashed up the room.This was not the first story I have heard,peoples cars being stolen from the parking lot etc...this is just another place for the locals to hang out in shame shame.
I will not be going back

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank hppyone
sharp83, manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, 27 October 2008
It is interesting to read the comments.
If the guest arrived at night, then there should only be 1 person at the front desk. However, given the benefit of doubt, we will give the guest 20% discount on the next stay.

With regards to Police being here at breakfast no they were around 1 pm because the guests in a room were not leaving the hotel as it was pass checkout time. Car being stolen is a mystery in itself, because when those owners were requested to write their license plate on the reg card, they refused, and today all cars have alarms, so why no alarm was set, and there was no windows broken either.

By the way, both the above incidents happened before Oct 25th 08.

Once again sorry for any confusion and inconvience