“Very reasonable rates wnoithing was too much trouble”
Review of Quality Hotel

Quality Hotel
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Sydney, Australia
“Very reasonable rates wnoithing was too much trouble”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Very reasonable rates included a satisfactory breakfast.. Staff were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Bit noisy when the hockey teams came in but nothing overly disturbing.
Very handy restaurant next door called Golden Griddle with lovely inexpensive meals. Again the staff were lovely and fridndly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Margscot
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Margscot,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service you have received during your stay. However, I would like to apologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Had a nice stay at the Hotel. The room is a good size and everything worked just like it should. The room was clean and comfortable. The lobby is very welcoming and cookies available in the afternoon. With a restaurant attached to the Hotel, food is not far away either.
The Breakfast was okay. Holiday Inn Express has the same breakfast at every hotel. The difference with this one is that the cheese omelet was dried out on the edges and they only had two hot items out, the omelet and sausage. Normally there should be four items, like biscuits and gravy as well. The coffee tasted and smelt burnt. I guess what really bothered me is that these things needed attended to and there was several employees around the front desk. Just seemed bad when things could have been stocked better or at least prepared better. This was not the normal quality the Holiday Inn Express puts out.

Room Tip: The elevator is located on one end of the building, so unless you are close to the elevator you are...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dkrug10042
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Another pleasant stay at a Holiday Inn Hotel, apart from the usual inadequate breakfast facilities. The problem with the breakfast was mainly the plastic utensils and paper bowls and plates provided, the cutlery was very poor quality and lacked rigidity, we are currently staying at the Holiday Inn Express at Water Street, NYC who appeared to have learnt the lesson as to quality of the cutlery in that they are extremely substantial. Reception staff at Hamilton were very pleasant and helpful, also the housekeeping staff when we wished to use the hotel elevator, they always granted us firstt access. The quality, cleanliness and size of the room was excellent as well as the free WiFi facility. There was an attempt to accommodate dietery problems but this only consisted of some gluten free cereals, alternative to dairy products were not available and alternatives wheat based products were also not available. We are always informed when we arrive at a hotel if we had informed them beforehand they would be able to accommodate us, but we have previously found if we had informed them previously they had never taken any notice of our information only looked at this on the day of our arrival and it is too late.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joan W
Hong Kong
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The Staffs are very nice and friendly. The room was ok and it was clean, but the hotel itself seems need some renovations. From the google map, I thought it locates very near the big lake, but it turns out the neighborhood is not as good as I thought. I stayed there only one night. During the dinner time, It was very quite along the beach area and it's so quite that you have an unsafe feeling.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear FourE,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. It is nice to know that our staff was accommodating to your needs and our rooms met your expectations. I have taken note of your comments about renovations needed and this will help us improve what we can better offer to our guests.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
OSHAWA
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I was making a trip to Niagara Falls, New York and had been given a certificate to use at this hotel. As it was the half-way point, I figured I'd try it out. The check-in was ok, but it seems that they had some sort of sports groups checking in at the same time. As it was quite late when I arrived, I really wasn't expecting the lobby to be filled with nothing but screaming kids. After checking in, I went up to my room. I went into the washroom to freshen up and was horrified to see huge bugs climbing up the walls, holes in the walls, filth, etc. I immediately checked the bed and rest of the room. Again, as it was so late and the front desk staff looked more tired than enthused, I just bit the bullet and went to bed. The next morning before leaving, I decided to try their breakfast. Again, I had to deal with a room full of screaming kids. The food was scarce and what I did manage to get was cold. The breakfast lady was more than rude as well. I will NEVER stay here again nor will I ever recommend this place to anyone. From what I saw, they were more interested in making money than they were about putting any into fixing things or even customer satisfaction/service. One of the worst places I have ever stayed!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ClassyFreeSpirit
Michael R, General Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Our sincere apology for the several issues with reference to your stay at our location. Clearly, we did not come close to meeting your expectations. Please feel free to contact me @ the hotel directly to discuss your experience if you wish.

Michael Regan

Travellers are raving about these Hamilton hotels

Windsor
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed here for one night on a friend's recommendation - very nice sized, clean room and enjoyed the attached Golden Griddle for breakfast. Front desk was pleasant and helpful and we had a good night's sleep. Not a bad area at all. Would definitely come back.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hl000
Bennington, Vermont
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This hotel is nice overall and what I have come to expect of this brand. It is however, hard to find if you are unfamiliar with the area. I passed the entrance the first time by, but was able to find it when I turned around. The rooms are nice and the breakfast is good. I stayed there twice within a week. The first stay, I noticed one elevator seemed to be scraping and it was being fixed upon my return. The first time I stayed I had to have my key recoded twice since it was overly sensitive if I got it near my iPad, but the clerk was funny and very helpful. The second room I stayed in was a little more outdated than the first and the stairways need some TLC and brightening. Overall not a bad hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family