“excellent value even though it's 20 minutes from downtown”
Review of Quality Hotel

Quality Hotel
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here for a wedding. Super friendly staff got me in right away and even gave me access to a microwave oven as I brought my own meals from home. The room was very comfortable and clean. Nice variety of foods at breakfast time and even yummy cookies along with coffee and tea at the front desk in the afternoon. (and I was happy that they had real cream along with half and half; real cream is hard to come by in the US).

Despite a 20 minute drive to downtown Hamilton I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TravellerfromtheD
John M, Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

To TravellerfromtheD, we as Staff and Management would like to Thank You for Staying with us and for giving us the opportunity to Shine. We will be posting your recent review for all the Staff to see and so hope we have the opportunity of your Patronage again in the Future.
John Mattinson
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Staff was exceptionally helpful and efficient. Rooms were very clean and presentable. Close to a couple of restaurants with lots of parking. Well located at the east end of hamilton, unfortunately we in activities at the west end! But would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Michael R, General Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear True North,

Thank you for your very kind review. We are very pleased to hear that our team provided great service. It is great that you experienced the value offer that we promote as one of the key benefits of booking with the Quality Hotel- Hamilton.

We hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

Michael Regan
Quality Hotel
Hamilton, Ontario

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times when it was a Holiday Inn Express, and it was always nice, and very convenient to my destinations for work in Hamilton, and close to the QEW. When I tried to book it for a trip this month, I could not find it in the Intercontinental Hotels site. So I was going to book with the Comfort Inn nearby, but this property came up too. I think it changed over to a Quality Hotel in January of this year. I chose it over the Comfort Inn, because on previous stays, I noticed a lot of smokers stay there, and it always smelled of cigarettes.
The hotel got a bit of an update in the chain conversion, and the stay was very nice. Breakfast was on par with normal free breakfast fare, and I was on my way. I'll stay there next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Michael R, Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank You so much tshell223 your review was very kind and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It is so nice to hear that the hard work we have put in for this property name change has paid off and that you will be a repeat customer once again.
John Mattinson
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This hotel is very close to most of the gyms. We were 6-10 mins away from our two locations. The beds were really comfortable and the free breakfast and wifi were great. The staff were helpful and even let us over stay our time at night playing cards in the breakfast room (thanks!). The hall ways on our floor (5th) were a bit hot for most people's liking. My big thing was that the elevator's made sketchy noises and neither one of them had a license posted which worries me as to their safety.
End result is I would stay again. (Watch out for the massive speed bumps in the lane way!)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Michael R, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank You Jberty for your comments with regards to your stay, we are very pleased to hear that the hotel was a Great Place to Stay for the Blessed Sacrament Tournament. We did hear from a few Guests that weekend that the hallways were a tad warm for there liking and rest assured this has been corrected. You also mentioned the lack of Elevator Licenses, we do have them on site but they no longer need to be on display in the elevators.

We look forward to seeing you again next year.

GSM John
Quality Hotel Hamilton

Reviewed 9 April 2014

My family and I stayed at the Quality Hotel in Hamilton over the weekend of March 29 for a Blessed Sacrament Boys Basketball Tournament. The location was perfect for this event. I want to thank the Manager, the front desk and the cleaning staff as they were very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were very clean and we had a very comfortable stay. This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel for this even and we will continue to do so.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Good Afternoon FloridaDollface, Thank You so much for your review we will share your comments with everyone on staff. The Blessed Sacrament Basketball Tournament is such an Amazing Event that brings in some of the most Amazing Athletes we look forward to seeing everyone again next year.

GSM John
Quality Hotel Hamilton

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My family and I picked up this hotel at last minute for the weekend for a basketball tournament we were attending. We weren't the only ones however, as most of the other patrons at the hotel were here for the same reason so I say this to assure you it was jam-packed this weekend with parents, coaches and their respective teams. Now, because we booked so last-minute, I had some initial doubts. We had the last room all the way at the end of the hallway of the floor we were on so it was evident to me we probably got the last room available or someone cancelled at the last minute? (Who knows?) Not only that, there were two flies (one dead and one alive) in the room waiting for us. We dealt with them accordingly and after this everything in the room was good. The front desk people were helpful...even down to the cleaning ladies, we received a great experience were treated with respect and courtesy. The amenities they offered were all appreciated like the hot breakfast and free computer access and printing. I would definitely come back if I was in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014
Michael R, General Manager at Quality Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time for your detailed review. My apology for the issue encounter in your unit. Our team takes a great deal of pride in delivering great service and I am glad you have shared your experience. We look forward to the next time your in town.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We were at Quality Hotel in Hamilton over the weekend, Feb 28-March 2nd for the annual blessed sacrament basketball tournament...All my requests were granted, except that at first our room's toilet got broken. but the manager moved us right away to another room. room was very clean, friendly staff especially.
will stay again next year.
but if you can have more coffees in the room. there's only one reg and one decaf coffee in the room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us for your great event. My sincere apology for the challenge with the facilities within your unit. I am very pleased that our team responded to the issue you encountered. We look forward to return next year for the Tourney.