“Deceiving hotel”
Review of Hamilton Inn

Hamilton Inn
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were fooled by the "newly renovated" pitch. Not sure when they renovated the rooms and what they renovated but the room we stayed in definitely needs renovation. The room was too dark. The bathroom is bad -- shower was awful, all the fixtures are old, there was mold on the grout, wood trimmings were rotting in some places. The towels were stained. We left something behind and despite several phone calls they said they didn't find it. Took my phone number but never called back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ask_away68
There are newer reviews for Hamilton Inn

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Where do I start?
Obvious signs of forced entry on door to room. Cigarette burns in the carpet. Broken latch on window - couldn't lock. Bathtub faucet couldn't be turned off - ran all night. Room reeked of cigarettes. Broken TV cabinet. Massive dead spot (busted springs?) in mattress, which I discovered (fell into) in the middle of the night after rolling over. No power in room when I first arrived. Had to find the circuit breaker in the hall and reset it myself.
Just really, really nasty. The only reason I stayed there was because there was absolutely nothing else available in the Hamilton area that night. I agree with the other traveller in that if I'd had a car I would have preferred to sleep in it.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Trip A
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We booked here as the first night of a weekend in Hamilton and used booking.com. It showed that there was only the king suite left available at 120.00 (so 135.60 including taxes).

The staff that we encountered was friendly, the grounds were well kept and the room was definitely clean enough, the bed was large and comfortable and the room came with a jacuzzi tub in the corner next to the bed.

So my "very good" overall rating is really just about the room and stay. I have to say though, that, for the price, we were kind of expecting a larger place and a bit more luxury.

We would probably not be back, only because of the price. But I would recommend it as a nice place to stay if you don't mind spending the money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cuba422
Reviewed 17 December 2012

If you need lodging in the Hamilton area this is a older style motel that is not to bad. Have stayed here 2 times for a week each in the last 2 months and this place is not bad. Compared to other places in the area it is about 30% cheaper. It. Is under new management and they strive to keep the place as clean as they can the rooms in the most part are older style but they are slowly upgrading rooms. The room itself was super clean and smelled nice. The neighborhood was nice and quiet with lots of places two grab a bite

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mrlogboy
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We were in the city for a wedding, had three rooms booked. We find this place at very convienient location, we were litlle concerned after reading some reviews but we didn't face any issues like that. All the rooms we had were very clean and well maintained, nothing extra ordinarily special but just nice, decent rooms, with all you need, espacially considering the price you pay , and the staff was very helpfull and pleasant, i will definately go back whenever in the city

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank ralph s
Reviewed 3 October 2012

This hotel is a complete joke!! Here cleanliness means hairs all over the "clean" pillows and sheets and we also found out it means bed bugs and bug feces all over the "clean" sheets. Room smelled of stale smoke and the multiple burn holes on the sheets were a nice added touch. The renovations were eye opening as well. The renos consisted of a cracked bathroom window, a hole in the bathroom wall and the nicest touch of all was the curtain corners stapled to the wall because the curtain rod was missing the end piece. Other than the aforementioned this place was fantastic.....I should have slept in my car.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Ted K
Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed several nights and it was ok. Nothing awfully bad nor exceptionnaly good. Good value for money I think ...

• Stayed: April 2012