“Our Wonderful Night at Sheraton Hamilton”

Sheraton Hamilton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Hamilton, Ontario
“Our Wonderful Night at Sheraton Hamilton”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Hello Peter,

I must Thank You again for the wonderful stay my wife and I had on Wednesday evening our 24th Wedding Anniversary. The room was spectacular, the new modern renovations that were done have truly made the rooms remarkable. We had dinner in Chagall’s yesterday evening and it was delicious. I ordered the 10oz Striploin and it was delicious, I am a true critic and connoisseur and it definitely hit the spot along with the fresh baby carrots and Asparagus. My wife ordered the Fettuccine Pasta which was very tasty and served in a heaping dish which she couldn’t finish ( better for me! lol ) . Overall, Everything was excellent ! I will definitely recommend the Sheraton as the premier location to spend their wedding night after a long and tiring wedding day as we did 24 years ago.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Peter T, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
We were so excited to know that you had stayed here on your wedding night and now again for your 24th anniversary! Again, congratulations! Thanks for the great review and recommendation too!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I organised a conference at the hotel (just ended) and they really did go over and above. The food was great, staff friendly and accommodating and any (very minor) issues were quickly resolved. They worked closely with me to ensure that it would be a first class event and it was. There was a high degree of satisfaction among participants. Only thing lacking is that meeting rooms do not have windows, something several folk commented on.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Peter T, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Thanks for the great review! We are committed to deliver complete satisfaction.
Princeton, NJ
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Pros: This hotel is much more attractive & comfortable than the hotel's own website suggests. The front desk staff are helpful. The rooms are pleasant. The bed was great for a sound night's sleep. Usually at hotels I sleep very fitfully, but not at the Sheraton Hamilton! The wifi worked well. I had a neat view of the lake.

Cons: Downtown Hamilton is depressed, and this hotel is stuck with that reality outside of it. The lobby, front desk, and 2nd-floor dining area and bar were HOPPING at midnight, which might appeal to some folks but I found jarringly loud when I needed to print out some work-related material late at night.

But all in all, the hotel experience is very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake.
2 Thank frenchturk
Peter T, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
We are pleased you had a comfortable stay and look forward to your return.
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a dance competition at a high school. The hotel was just what we expected. The lobby and underground parking were clean and nice. Rooms were clean, quiet and beds comfy . Hallways were grubby and carpets stained. Pool/fitness area excellent and recently updated. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank travelmom2012
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you recommend the Sheraton Hamilton. It’s true we had a tough time keeping the hallways clean during the huge dance competition. Of course the housekeeping team did have them thoroughly cleaned. Thanks!
St. John's, Nl Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton hotel on King Street in Hamilton from April 13th through the 19th. The location of the hotel makes you want to stay inside as it is in a really seedy neighborhood. First I was put in one room but noticed the desk had something spilled all over it and there was even hair matted into it. I hadn't even had my coat off when I noticed this so I called down to the front desk and they moved me pretty quickly. The walls are so thin that I could hear the TV on in the next room and even was awakened in the morning by someone else's alarm clock.
The air conditioner in the room was so loud it would wake me up everytime it cut in. The room was ok but the carpet in the corridors were all unravelling and needed to be stretched as it was like waves. I had to stay at this hotel for work but have to say I will try to find something other than this one.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing matters from your week long hotel stay with us. I would like to personally apologize for this unacceptable experience. Please contact me at your convenience as your complete satisfaction is very important to us.
COLUMBUS
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed at Hamilton Sheraton for three nights.
Pros: next to Hamilton Centre which was where we attended a weekend event. Rooms recently renovated. Good value for $ and location.
Cons: Limited "good"eateries. Crepe place just inside mall is ok for breakfast. Three Tim Hortons nearby (1 in the mall attached to the Sheraton but not open early on weekends). We drove to eat a nice dinner (note lots of oneway streets, but easy to navigate in Hamilton). Mandarin has the best Chinese (and it is not limited to Chinese) buffet we had ever seen, which is about a 10 min. car drive away.
Parking: You can park in the parkade under the hotel...tight vertical spacing but really access was easy.

Room Tip: There is a balcony patio area off the 3rd floor....so you could request it or request to avoid it.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thanks for your 4-star review!
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Check in was easy. I was disappointed when I opened the door to my room as it smelled like a bar. The was the odour or stale cigarette smoke. I had a chuckle when I read the notice that all rooms are smoke free and I could be charged 240 bucks if I did! I don't know what they do with the money but it didn't seem to be used to remove the odour.

There is only one latch on the door which didn't make me feel so safe but I was only there for one night.

I decided to order room service and found a paper, very used and wrinkled copy on the desk. The food was good and the service was prompt.

There are no safes in the rooms. This is unusual for a business hotel.

The Internet in the room is not wireless and it will cost you 10 per night! Again this is not really acceptable for a business hotel.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was standard. The lobby, restaurant and lounge were nice.

I don't think that the hotel is worth the price even though it is downtown.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Your feedback is valuable to us – Thank you! Our goal is to provide a comfortable and restful stay to all guests. It’s true we expect to provide a 100% smoke free environment - you absolutely should not have stayed in a room that was not comfortable. I do want to mention that all guest rooms have wired and wireless internet too; safes are available at the front desk (understandable not the same as having in-room convenience); and all guestroom doors have a door handle activate deadbolt and more noticeably a secondary latch locking device. Thanks again for sharing your comments.