“Great one night stay!”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Waterloo, Canada
“Great one night stay!”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My fiance and I stayed for one night as we were going to see a show at Copps and really enjoyed our stay. We bought the upgrade to club which was a nice added touch. The lounge area was a great quiet space to relax in the evening and the included breakfast was very good. It also had a great view of the lake.

The room was nice also and comfortable, I liked the Starbucks in the room. We ate at the restaurant and I really enjoyed my meal however my fiance ordered the panini but wasn't so impressed. We had a drink at the bar after the show, they must've been busy prior as it was quite messy and the one bartender wasn't overly friendly but that didn't impact our stay, we just made light of it!

It was a very short walk to Copps which is why we chose this hotel as the two are actually joined. This was especially helpful after our show as it was rainy and very cold out.

Unfortunately we didn't get to use the pool, we went down to it (in our bathing suits and a light cover up) but our key wouldn't work to get in no matter how much we tried and rather than go to the front desk in our bathing suits we just gave up and went back to our room.

Overall it was a good night in a nice hotel and if going to another show we would likely stay here again.

Room Tip: Club rooms are on the top floor so you get great views.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Syed G, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Hello trevanna1,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us! We are pleased to hear you found our location convenient and close to Copps Coliseum. We apologize about your experience with the pool access, and we appreciate you letting us know. Thank you again for sharing your feedback – we look forward to welcoming you back for the next concert at Copps Coliseum.

-Syed Gardezi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Meaford
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I've worked radio in Hamilton for the last 25 years and have stayed at virtually every hotel in the area. The Sheraton was always a favorite but now - notsomuch. The room seemed fine until I went to take a bath. Somehow, the bath tap had been turned to face the room and I got blasted with water in the face. Hilarious. I turned it back and tried to fill the tub. The water was luke warm at best and did not heat up. Called the front desk. They offered to move us - to a different floor (huge pain in the butt) or send a maintenance man. We opted for help. It arrived in the form an apparently ill man, snorting, coughing and wheezing. He fixed the problem but we changed rooms regardless. Seriously, after all those germs, would you stay? The lovely lad who brought our new key upgraded us to the club floor. Same room (only modernized he beamed!) and free appies and breakfast. Okay ... but the room was identical to the one we had left. Where was the modernization? Oh ... we found it! The "Hamilton Magazine" was up-to-date (way old in our first room). Now I was a bit stressed and finally ready to take my bath. Except ... oops ... there was no bathtub. Just a big walk-in shower. Great. They offered to change us again but at this point we were done. The shower is a joke. You have to get right in to turn it on so whatever temp you randomly choose, that's what you get in your face. Then the water deflects everywhere and you have a bathroom floor flood. The lighting in the bathrooms (both of them) was way too low to successfully apply makeup, even with the help of the magnifying mirror. There was no phone on the desk (in the 2nd room) and only 2 bath towels. On a positive note, the staff was lovely and the room service burgers were great. However, the salad at Chagall's (special Valentine's menu) was laughable. Wilted and over-drenched in dressing - inedible. The appies were mediocre as was the breakfast. Not bad, not great. I'm glad the staff really stepped up to make things right but really, a hotel of this calibre should get it right the first time. Thanks though for the one free bottle of water.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello MeafordVickie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. We would like to apologize for your experiences, as that is not our Sheraton Signature service. Your feedback has been shared with our front office and restaurant teams.At your earliest convenience please connect with me directly: syed.gardezi@sheratonhamilton.com to discuss your stay further.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My sister and I upgraded to Club Floor and were glad we did as this included complimentary nighttime snacks and refreshments in their Club lounge. Jokingly we asked for a wine list and the server said, "certainly" and although it wasn't free, we enjoyed some Niagara wine with our snacks. The beds were wonderfully comfy with soft duvets and lots of down filled pillows. We liked that the bathroom had shampoo and conditioner as well as body lotion plus a wall mounted makeup mirror - good things for women on the go! The next morning, breakfast was included at the Club Lounge and we enjoyed eggs, cinnamon buns, rosemary potatoes and Starbuck's coffee. Yum-o! If you need to stay in downtown Hamilton, we highly recommend the Sheraton as a top hotel with great staff and amenities!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Kim51960
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed for 5 nights for a conference being held at the nearby Convention Centre. Overall, stay was average, but if I were to return to Hamilton, I'd stay elsewhere.

A few complaints:
- Wireless internet is very slow, and quite inconsistent
- No minifridge in room
- No robes in room...when I called for one so that I could go to the pool, I waited and waited then had to call back to the front desk...a series of obstacles later...I finally got a robe.
- Daily housekeeping was inconsistent/incomplete

On the positive side:
- Conveniently located close to convention centre
- Beds are comfortable
- Extended check-out to 1pm without any hassle

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nomvula_za
Syed G, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Hello nomvula_za,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your 5 night sleep on our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds as well as found our location convenient to the Hamilton Convention Centre. We apologize for our internet service and on behalf of our housekeeping team, as we want to make your experience better, please connect with me directly: syed.gardezi@sheratonhamilton.com. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Hamilton.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

One of our favourites and the service is what made us keeps us coming back. Since 2009.
Very easy to get to Copps via the covered walk thru; we've used do it every year.
Pool is great, always warm and hot tub working. Rooms are a good size, not the largest of the Sheraton suites. Dog friendly - and they have grassy park/walkway/roof just a few steps up. Only on my last visit did we run into a group of locals who did try to attack me and my pup while my friends were inside at 10AM in the morning on a Sunday. I think that speaks more to the city of Hamilton but increased security outside of the building would be appreciated.

If you are not familiar with Hamilton navigating your way there might be a bit challenging, once your there parking is great, easy to get upstairs from the underground parking too.

The food at the restaurant has always been excellent -- overpriced but at least the food is excellent.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Smarie306
Australia
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed three nights while visiting family in Hamilton. Refurbishment of rooms was topnotch (the beds live up to their name), staff friendly and prompt with requests, and the location was terrific as we had numerous errands to run in the downtown area. The pool is great, whirlpool a bit tired but I am sure these will also be refurbished. We ate twice in the Loft Lounge - both nights after 8:30 pm - and the food was very good and service excellent. Great rate on the Sheraton website as well. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed in this hotel for New Year's Eve (December 2013). I was very impressed with how the staff kept people out of the hallways and only allowed those with room keys to enter the elevators to go up to the rooms. The hotel was very quiet that night and we had no trouble sleeping when we were back in our hotel room. The bed was comfortable, as were the pillows, which surprised me because most hotel pillows aren't comfortable at all.

Check in was quick and painless, and we were given a room at the end of the hallway, near the top of the hotel. Very nice and quiet.

The only thing I found odd was that the washroom had no ceiling fan. All washrooms should have a fan....for shower steam and odours!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Syed G, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Hello Laura J,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are pleased to hear you found our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds comfortable, especially our pillows. We appreciate your recognition of our additional security measure we take on New Years Eve to ensure all our guests have a safe and enjoyable time with us. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we hope you choose to stay with us for your next New Years celebrations.

Warm Regards and Happy New Year,