“Great Hotel-honest!”

Sheraton Hamilton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
“Great Hotel-honest!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed just one night for Ticats game. Great location, helpful staff. Only werid thing was that the front desk is not your typical hotel front desk, which threw us off a little on arrival-not sure we were in the right spot, but staff helped us out. Room was on 15th floor, king bed, view of King St. Comfy, comfy bed and pillows. Great sized bathroom - everything was very clean. Would stay there again for sure!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Syed G, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hello K R,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and our Sheraton team members were helpful during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time the Hamilton Tiger Cats are playing.

“Oskie Wee Wee. Oskie Waa Waa. Holy Mackinaw. Tigers…Eat’em RAW!!!”

-Syed Gardezi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a few days on a recent business trip. I found the service extraordinary, with the staff being friendly, polite and professional. They had an extensive local and regional knowledge which they were more than willing to share. This knowledge was not limited to just cozy dining spots, it extended to local events at the Copps arena next door, discount tickets to venues around the Niagra peninsula and even ticket availabliity to football and hockey games that were in season.

The hotel offers full banquet and conference facilities with catering available for parties of 50 to 500 people. Ample parking is available downstairs in an underground parking lot for a fixed price that includes multiple entry and exit priviledges. The parking lot is fairly secure and is accessible from inside the lobby using a designated elevator and stairway. The mall is also accessible through the hotel lobby and contains over 100 stores, a food court, and even a grocery store and farmer's market. It definately lives up to it's nickname "The Biodome" as you can find almost everything you could hope to look for.

Room Tip: Rooms on King street will have traffic noise during the day, but subsides after 9PM. Rooms opposite...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello CanadianaJones,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We appreciate you recognizing our Sheraton signature service, made possible by our Hamilton proud team members. We are pleased to hear that you found our location to be in good standing to local amenities such as the Hamilton farmers market and cozy dining spots. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Hamilton.

Lodz
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I have been travelling all over the world and sheraton was one of my favourote untill now.... I was shocked entering the room( it has nothing to do with images from official web side). The hotel does not keep the standard: the furniture is old and dillapidated, the smell of the room propably comes from the dirty air conditionig, the carpet must have never been washed. Generally speaking lousy!!!! and disgusting. I ask myself where the manager of the hotel is? Isn' t she or he shamed. Go to Europe and lear how to keep 4* standards.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Piotr W
Hello Piotr,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are disappointed to hear about your stay with us was not enjoyable; and is not a true reflection of our Sheraton quality or standards. Please connect with my directly at your earliest convenience to discuss your stay: syed.gardezi@sheratonhamilton.com. Thank you for your Sheraton hotel loyalty, we look forward to correcting your current impression of us on your next trip to Hamilton.

Hamilton Ontario
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. Room appeared to be recently updated. Great central location, nice restaurant for breakfast. Will certainly stay there again. Service at the front desk was fast and friendly. Didn't use room service so I can't comment

• Stayed June 2014
Hello HamiltonONT,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are pleased to hear that your found of front desk to be inviting and efficient. Thank you for taking note of our newly renovated lobby. We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay next time!

Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I will start off by saying that the staff were helpful and truly wanted our stay to be comfortable.
That said... When we arrived, the hotel had given away the room that we had reserved. This was as my partner said, a Seinfeld moment ("You can take a reservation, but you can't hold a reservation). We were given a small room with two queen-sized beds instead. However, this room had quite a few issues: the in-room safe was malfunctioning, the toilet paper holder is 5 feet away from the toilet itself, and the ventilation systems was very loud. Also, one of the closet doors would bang against you as soon as you let it go, as it's mounted on a spring and the furniture was showing a lot of signs of wear. The only redeeming grace of this room was a partial view of the lake.
As I said, the staff were amazing in trying to compose with guests that were polite but clearly dissatisfied. We were moved to another room on the second night, and that room was much better and everything worked well. The staff were attentive and made sure to check with us that we were pleased.
We enjoyed a great lunch at Chagall's and would definitely recommend it. As for the hotel, the beds are comfortable and the linens clean, but do check that all amenities are working and, if not, don't hesitate to contact the staff. They will do all they can with the resources they have.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello MusicalPeanut,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We appreciate you recognizing our Sheraton team members as genuine service ambassadors, who truly want to ensure all guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. At your earliest convenience please connect with me as I would like to discuss your stay further: syed.gardezi@sheratonhamilton.com. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Hamilton.

Pine Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here with a couple of friends of mine, as we were in town for ConBravo (a convention for nerds, held every July at the convention center across the street), and wanted to be close to all the action. This was my first time ever visiting a country other than my native United States, and the staff were incredibly helpful with regards to currency.

The pool was always very inviting, and the hot tub was plenty bubbly to relax my muscles after my daily swim. I wish they'd skim the pool a little more often though, as I noticed hair, fabric strands, and even bugs in the pool even when I'd jump into it at 6 in the morning.

The hotel is attached to a sprawling complex of malls. Yes, that is the plural, malls. Between Jackson Square and I think two other malls attached to it, there was no shortage of shopping. We didn't even get to explore all of the shopping space there was, we will next year! Be sure to bring your maple money though, as not all the stores accept USD. Don't worry, there are multiple ATMs throughout the malls in case you need some local currency. I was reminded of National Harbor in Maryland, with the multiple shops and restaurants available to us.

When I came down to the lobby Friday morning, I noticed that all of the LCD displays (which would show hotel maps, event schedules, etc.) all welcomed ConBravo attendees for the weekend. This is something I wish the Gaylord in Maryland would do.

My only real concern was the elevator problems we faced once ConBravo was in full swing; there are no stairs to the various floors, so elevators are the only option. One of the elevators was completely out of service, and the wait time just to get back to my room was unacceptable. I hope they address this next year.

I'm looking forward to coming back here next summer for next year's ConBravo. I might actually stay a little longer, as I didn't really get to explore Toronto (an hour away!) as much as I really wanted to, and I want to see what the rest of Ontario has to offer. I just hope they get the hair out of the pool next time. I thank the staff of the Sheraton for making me and my friends feel welcome, and for making my first trip outside the United States a wonderful, memorable one. I can't wait to come back next year!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I've travelled a lot and last week, I was in the Hammer with the boys to visit a friend who is a coach with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the CFL and attend a game. The team uses the Sheraton as do many of the visiting teams. There's a reason.
The staff, decor, rooms, are all superb. Best beds we have ever slept on. Parking? Yes, it costs $10.00 a day and while I wished it was included, the hotel IS in downtown Hamilton and parking is a premium.
The Cats won that night (over Ottawa who was also staying here), and we did as well in choosing this hotel.
Starbucks in room and in lobby! Doesn't get better. Well be back for another game this fall and it's automatic that we choose this hotel.

Stayed July 2014