“Absolutely terrible stay. Make sure you read reviews before staying here! The place should be closed down!”
Review of Airport Inn

Airport Inn
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I unfortunately had to stay here because the marriott was booked solid and I must say I would have been happier sleeping in my vehicle! The building and rooms are extremely outdated! They say no pets yet my allergies were acting up like crazy plus the animal hair was visible on the chairs! The room smelled so bad and was pretty much falling apart in whatever corner you looked at! It was dusty. I'm just disgusted. To top it off the noise level is ridiculous! It sounded like elephants were upstairs dancing all night and I could hear the tv like it was in my room. Never ever stay here pay your hard earned money somewhere else. I am disgusted just appalled. What a terrible experience!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank MsRighteous

Reviewed 23 July 2014

1  Thank Dawn E
HojoHamiltonON, General Manager at Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Reviewed 18 July 2014

After reading the reviews we were very apprehensive to stay here. I must say the hotel is in dire need of renovations, but the room was clean, bathrooms were clean, and the continental breakfast wasn't too bad, although they never had any butter for the five days we stayed here. The air conditioning worked fine, and I never heard any noises from our room. I found the staff to be friendly, especially the young man at the front desk.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review on your recent stay. We are pleased that your stay was satisfying. We are pleased that we did our good in providing you and your guests with a clean, comfortable and happy stay. Thank you for choosing our brand, we hope to see you once again

Reviewed 17 July 2014

First thing I encountered was a keycard that wouldn't work on the outside door to our room, yes you drive right up to your room, it's one of THOSE hotels, had to walk all the way around and open it from the inside, good thing the key card didn't work because the door was safety latched anyway, could barely get the door open for a big chair in the way, second thing I noticed was the smashed in lamp shade beside that chair, nice. Thirty year old carpet, doors that didn't latch, curtains open or A/C, that is your choice, yes, the curtains cover the in window A/C unit which could be easily push in for someone to gain access to your room, if the latches don't fail first and in the area this place is in the chances are high! Vending machine, product from the US with no french on the packaging, that's kind of illegal isn't it? Couldn't find an expiry date on the cookies I bought so they went in the trash. Bring some duct tape, you will need it so your plugs don't fall out of the wall sockets. The closed up boarded up restaurant at the front adds a nice touch, once a Hooters then a Manhattans...? Anyway, I think you get the picture...

Room Tip: I doubt there are any...
1  Thank StevieOntario

I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the poor service
you received during your stay at the Howard Johnson of Hamilton.
Your experience with our Howard Johnson was not the quality of service
that we have promised to provide to our guests. Our Howard Johnson
promise is something that we strive to deliver to every guest every
day. There is no excuse that our staff did not fulfill that promise in
your case. Please accept our apologies

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
HojoHamiltonON, General Manager at Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Reviewed 2 July 2014