“Never again”

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Never again”
Reviewed 3 October 2010

I was in town for meetings with clients. I found this place online and looked at photos and discriptions. I booked a 2 night stay. Upon my arrival I had to wait 20 minutes to get chcked in. After getting checked in I went to room and found room had not been cleaned. Returned to front desk to get a new room. My patience was wearing thin and getting very frustrated. New room had brown stains on comforter and throw pillows. There was hair in tub drain and at bottom of toilet. AC unit made a very loud that wouldn't stop and a smell from unit. Took over 15 minutes to get hot water for shower. This is the worst and will never stay there again.

Stayed September 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 29 September 2010

I came to the hotel last weekend for court hearing for my collegue. i found the hotel on line, browsed the pictures of the guest rooms and resturant and was delighted. i came to the hotel on Thurs night, checked into my room and was flabergasted at the condition of the room. there were stains on the sheets (brown), the duvet was to small for the bed. the bathtub had film all around the side and bottom, ther was urine on the bottom toilet, hair beside the tub. ear plugs beside the bed stand. all roooms should be clened to some standard, by the conditioning this hotel doesn`t have high standards

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Hamilton hotels

Chicago
Reviewed 28 September 2010

Stayed here for a week business trip in Hamilton. People say this hotel is noisy and sleep quality is poor...it's DOWNTOWN, what do you expect. Granted, my roomed faced away from the street, but I had no problems with the honking and truck engine-braking.

I actually forgot my luggage at the hotel on my way to Toronto...the hotel staff was able to secure it and I could retrieve it. The location is great, right in downtown close to tons of restaurants and shops...I think I had sushi every single night! :-D

Good WiFi, good hot water, pool looked nice but I didn't use it. Overall, great hotel. I would come here again.

Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Let's start off with the positives . . .

The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. Security is very good - room key needed to get anywhere on the elevators.

Okay, now for all the interesting stuff . . .

When I got into my room there was what looked like a little gift bag on my bed. Included were ear plugs and a sleep mask (and something else I can't remember). Well, I know why they gave me a sleep mask. My room had no drapes, just sheers, so the lights from the surrounding office buildings/condos kept the room well lit during the night.

I was on the executive floor (7th) -- one of the reasons I booked it was because I was supposed to be entitled to evening hors doeurves in the executive lounge. There was nothing. Continental breakfast was served there in the morning -- so, so, but would have been nice if the microwave had been working so I could warm up my croissants.

My biggest problem came in the evening. Got some Chinese takeout for back to my room. Then went to get something to dring. Vending machines are on the even numbered floors. Went up to the 8th floor - all sold out. Went down to the 6th - same story. Still had the 2nd and 4th floors to visit. When I went there I realized what was causing the problems. 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor (at least) were being used as a dormitory for a nearby school. Of course, the vending machines on these floors were sold out - and the garbages nearby were overflowing.

So I had to venture outside. The hotel is not in the nicest part of downtown (more money cashing places within a few blocks than I have ever seen in my life, and I've been to quite a few places). There's a mini mart next to the hotel, but it was closed after 6:00 on a Monday night, so had to venture out just to get a soda. Also bought a big bottled water for later.

You're probably bored with me now, so I'll just say to see the negatives in "netgeeks" comments below regarding the whirlpool, tv and part of town.

2 Thank barriebomber
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 September 2010

We stayed here while looking for a house in Hamilton...(10 days)we could not say enough about the staff and the hotel in general,our room was lovely(they moved us to a suite for the same rate)the beds very comfortable and the front house and cleaning staff were so friendly..the pool and leisure centre were lovely and quiet(temp was a bit dubious some days but that was a minor irritation)the whirlpool wasnt working but that wasnt a major problem either..it was v clean and relaxed..the area of town this hotel is situated in isnt great,and I wouldnt want to be out walking late at night but once inside you feel safe and comfortable straight away...we didnt dine in the restaurant so I cannot comment but overall this hotel for us was a gem and I would rate it very highly for a stay in Hamilton.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
bigblueYYZ
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We had our wedding guests stay here. The corporate sales team was very professional and very helpful and I did not hear any complaints from any of our guests.

Overall this property is OK. There is not a tonne of restaurants in the immediate area but there are a few after a 10 minute walk. The in house restaurant leave a bit to be desired and I would recommend elsewhere. But in a city with few new properties this is certainly one of the better ones in terms of furnishings.

• Stayed April 2010
Ontario
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Just came back from a one night stay at this hotel. I booked through priceline and was not able to choose the property (It was assigned). I was a little nervous after reading some of these reviews. However, all-in-all this is a nice property with great value.

The 'Good':
-Very friendly front desk staff
-Quiet hotel. Very few people were staying there at the same time I was (I ran into one couple during my time there). The street noise may bother some but I am used to it and the hotel provides earplugs in the room)
-Great pool and fitness centre (However, see below)
-Rooms were clean, modern and comfortable.
-Free in-room interet

The 'Bad'
-Had some trouble getting hot water in the room. It was warm at best.
-Whirlpool was out of service (which was OK because it was 32 degrees out)
-Poor TV quality. They have nice LG LCD tvs but it was grainey and distorted
-Not located in the nicest area of town. Felt a little uncomfortable walking back to the hotel at night.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo