“What A Great Hotel”

Hamilton Plaza Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed 27 December 2010

Fantastic hotel in downtown Hamiton. Secure parking, $8.00 a day. Front desk at check in was great. (Tim) The room seemed brand new. Great view. Flat screen TV. And the bed was incredible. Want to buy one for home. My room was spotless.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
dheinlein, Manager at Hamilton Plaza Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2011

Dear canadaguyToronto,

Thanks very much for your review and recommendation! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay, and Tim was delighted that you took the time to recognize him. We think he’s great too!

Best,

Reviewed 17 December 2010

Had a meeting in downtown Hamilton and stayed here. Since it is in downtown Hamilton, "security measures" such as needing your room key to access the elevator makes sense, but not always convenient. The business/corporate room was inadequate, no conditioner ot note pad in room. might stay at Marriot next time.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business

Dear edulinx,

Thank you for your review; we always enjoy hearing from our guests and are very sorry that we fell short of expectation during your stay. Please accept my personal apologies for the lack of amenities in your room. I truly hope you will continue to choose Crowne Plaza despite your experience here.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 November 2010

I booked a room through Priceline.com and we were given a very small room directly across from the elevators. The bells from the elevator and the people talking kept us up late and started again around 5 am.
A friend of mine was there the same night, booked the same room request
(not through priceline) and booked his stay through the hotel a few days after I did. His room was much larger and not near the elevator.

I realize that I did receive a discounted rate through Priceline but it is not
worth the savings to have such a poor experience (and sleep).
I thought customers should be aware of this.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
dheinlein, Manager at Hamilton Plaza Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2010

Dear adamkurn:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us – we do appreciate all comments, both the good and the bad as it does allow us to contact our guests once again, and is a learning process for us as well. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us, due to the location of your guestroom. Please note that for any future time with us, if we are not sold out, our front desk team would be delighted to move you into another room, away from the elevators and the noise that you encountered. I do hope that you will give the Crowne Plaza Hotel another try, on your next visit to Hamilton as I look forward to being your host once again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 October 2010

Downtown Hamilton is what it is. Some will feel uncomfortable, others (like me) will recognize the inner section of a large city for what it is. That being said, this hotel is an oasis - great food, great staff, and great rooms. I travel constantly, and wish there were more hotels like this across the country. Debbie in the restaurant is a star, making things happen to suit guests needs. The front desk staff make the stay as convenient and hospitable as any staff at any hotel in Canada at any price range. The restaurant is amazing, and please say hi to the chef after you enjoy the lamb. Hard to know what got in the minds of naysayers on this list, but this is the place to stay in Hamilton if comfort and ease are your priorities. Do yourself a favour - if in Hamilton, stay here.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2010

After reading the mixed reviews about the Crowne Plaza Hamilton, I approached the venue with some trepidation. I needn't have worried. The room was clean, the beds nice and comfortable, and the service attentive.

The check in clerk informed us upon checking in that an extra bed should be set up in the room which caused us concern when we discovered it wasn't. However, 10 minutes later the clerk made a follow up call to ensure the bed was there, and when he discovered it wasn't, immediately dispatched a staff member with a bed to our room.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2010

This hotel was one of the first to offer people doing the Ride to Conquer cancer bicycle ride discounts when they stayed during the Hamilton layover. This hotel is very nice all around. Excellent pool facilities, beds very comfortable, rooms very nice and parking indoor. The staff are also very friendly. Its central location makes it perfect for riders as it is only minutes away from Mohawk College.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 3 October 2010

First of all, pulling up to the hotel late at night looks a bit sketchy. It is. Once you're in the very safe and secure parking and into the hotel, you're in the comfort of the hotel. Clearly the hotel has been renovated. The rooms are excellent. My king bed was probably the best sleep that I have had in a long time. The special gift of lavender linen spray and earplugs and an eyemask was very appreciated. Unlike other reviews on this site my rooms (I was there twice in one week) were spotlessly clean. The bathrooms were kind of awkward in that the door would block the access to the shower or tub so you would have to close the door to reach the tub. If that's all I have to complain about, then that's nothing. There was also a lot of space to work at a nice, well-lit desk. The flat screen tv was a nice touch too.

The front desk was very helpful and very interested in ensuring I was having a good stay. They even looked after my dry cleaning and kept it for me for a few days until I came back.

The pool looked very nice. The fitness centre was huge - much bigger than other hotels. Also, there seemed to be some asian private school children living on the 2nd floor, but they were very quiet. The business centre printer didn't work, but they front desk offered to print all my documents for me.

Overall, great hotel. I will go back again whenever I'm in town, not only for the amazing sleep, but for the whole package.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business