“Wonderful stay ! great place to vacate!”

Best Western Premier C Hotel By Carmen's
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Scarborough
“Wonderful stay ! great place to vacate!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Very enjoyable! wonderful pool and hot tub! clean throughout lobby, floors,rooms.Would stay here again,and recommend this hotel to anyone I know that is traveling in this region! The area has waterfalls close by and shopping and great reaturants down the street.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Welland, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Hotel was very nice, rooms we're large and comfortable, beds were awesome, staff was very courteous, friendly and helpful. Location was good with malls & restaurants across & down the street. Our only issue was the rooms were pricey.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed here a few weekends ago for a family member's wedding. The hotel is nicely decorated, comfortable, and the reception staff are friendly and welcoming. I stayed in a King mini-suite, and the room was spacious and clean, the bed was beautiful and comfortable with soft sheets and pillows, the shower was really nice, and my favourite part was that the alarm clock was an Ipod dock. The rooms (at least the ones my family and I stayed in) were each individually decorated with memorabilia from an "old Hollywood" actor or musician, which was a unique touch. If I am remembering correctly, I think it is nicer than most Best Westerns I've stayed at.

The one part that I wasn't such a fan of was the restaurant, Baci, which we had breakfast at two mornings in a row. To be fair, they may have been understaffed or having problems that particular weekend, but we waited about 40 mins for our food in a less than full dining room, and when it did come out our over easy eggs were hard and the food was lukewarm. Not a surprise considering when our plates came up, the waiter went over to them, inspected them, and walked away to go re-set tables even though our meals were ready. At one point he was behind the bar talking on his cell phone, while everyone was sitting there with coffee mugs that had been empty for 10 minutes. When he brought us the bill, it was the wrong one. When we tried again the next morning, we had a different server, who was friendly enough but made another mistake on my bill which I ended up paying for anyways (it was only an extra $3), because I was in a rush and was having trouble communicating to him what the problem was, and was getting no clear answers about fixing it (other than "I'm sorry about that miss"). And honestly, both mornings, the food wasn't that great.

So overall I had a great weekend and I will stay there again if I am ever in Hamilton, but I will definitely be finding other places to eat at.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Joe M, Owner at Best Western Premier C Hotel By Carmen's, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Pink_palm_trees,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property.

By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

On behalf of our Baci team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to impliment changes. This is not indicative of the service or quality we are known for. Our award winning restaurant takes this issue incredibly serious. I assure you it will be addressed.

I hope that you will consider dining with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Joe Mercanti, & John Taubenberger;
President Executive Chef
Caledon, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Despite the fact that we made a mistake on the date when booking, when we arrived at the Western Premier C Hotel in Hamilton they were pleased to make adjustments to accommodate us. They provided a superior room & all staff were professional and provided excellent service at both the front desk and the dining room for breakfast the following morning.
Our trip could have been sidelined . yet this hotel helped to make it a great success! Will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel (52 beds) just outside Hamiton was in a great spot for our side trip out of Toronto to Niagara and also to see the beautiful wine country around southern Ontario, plus family in the area. We were greeted by smart, friendly staff on reception who couldn't do enough for us. The room are themed around Italian film stars and our Joe Pesci king suite was kitted out with high quality carpet, furniture and accessories of classic modern design - with film stills/portraits of JP on the walls and a nice touch of one of his films to view on DVD. The bathroom was a high standard boutique hotel affair, with GREAT shower and quite luxurious toiletries plus proper bath sheet sized towels. We really enjoyed our room!
The decor around the corridors and other public areas of the hotel was all fresh, modern and chic. So often a room will be fine but a hotel is let down by the worn and slightly sad state of carpets and wall treatments elsewhere. The breakfast was a la carte, which we prefer, and our waiter cheerfully tailored a couple of the dishes, including one for our vegetarian daughter.
All in all, a really pleasant and enjoyable experience at this BW hotel - and food value for money, in view of its quality and service.

High River, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Good location, shopping .Handicap room was large ,bathroom was also large ,could only find two faults. The shower has a half glass wall to close to the toilet for safe transfers for a non weight barring person and the bed was very comfortable but difficult to get in and out of as the top of the bed was three feet off the floor . Again not the easiest to get in and out of for elderly or handicap persons . Both faults are an easy fix . Great restaurant.

Room Tip: Handicap room is quite
tecumseh ontario
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stay at this hotel every month or so for business and I love it.
The staff is so accomdating making sure I am happy with my room and anything else they can do. Rooms are well appointed in excellent condition and super clean.
The restaurant is great I love the huge ceasars salad with grated parmasain cheese.
There is no better place to stay in the area.

Room Tip: all roms are great but the pavorotti is exceptional
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business