“Sliders be dammed.. Get the BIG BURGER!”
Review of Chuck's Burger Bar - CLOSED

Chuck's Burger Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We were out and about in Dundas at a fleamarket so I googled good places to eat and found Chucks. We pulled up and you could smell the grill ... MMMmm, short line up (small place) but worth it. We each had two sliders to sample the fair, but it was so good, I wished I had ordered the full burger! Pulled pork was OK, but the burger was GREAT. We also had the Beat Salad with Candied Pecans and goat cheese - it was so rich and tasty, I could have just eaten that for supper. Bob loved the fries and the serving was large so he shared. Great place for small groups (if you have a family of 6 - good luck with seating) Many people ordered take out - which would be perfect for going to a local park with too. Then you could have your whole gang of people. Great Price - we both ate well (2 sliders each, fries, big salad, pop) for 27.00.
Will gladly go again - and will tell family it is worth the trip.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I recently discovered Chuck's Burger Bar in Locke Street (Hamilton). It is a very small place (seats around 20 or so), so it gets crowded and is not suitable for parties larger than 4.

There is plenty of choice on the menu, and especially their Premium Burgers attracted me (Venison or Bison). I went for Venison and loved it! This must have been the best burger I have ever eaten. My wife took the Turkey Brie & Pears Burger, which was delicious too.

We were seated next to the kitchen, so there was a bit of an oily smell.

Would definitely go back!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This was our fourth visit to Chuck's burger Bar and it was perfect as always. Definitely the tastiest burgers we have ever had!! Perfect food and service every time. We love the fresh cut fries and tasty onion rings. It would be nice if there was an option on the menu for those trying to be more health conscious. Like to offer 3 jumbo onion rings or a sampler of fries. We love them but find the full orders to be too much....not complaining....just suggesting!!! We will be back!!!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My friend suggested Chuck's as a place go last night. I had never been before, but had heard good things. I didn't realize how small the actual restaurant is. We were a party of four, and the only place we could be seated was at the bar looking out onto the street. It made things very awkward for table conversation. Basically my friend and I ended up in the middle chatting away, while our significant others were stuck on the ends hardly able to hear us.

Our table was also right by the door (as in, so close that if my friends Husband was a little bigger then they may not have been able to close the door). Because the place is so popular, the door was opening and closing constantly. In March, this was pretty cold. There is no place for people to wait for a table, so groups of people were standing right behind our backs for most of the meal.

Onto the good stuff! I decided to go against popular suggestion and tried a poutine instead of a burger. I had the veggie poutine and loved it. It was huge though, so I am going to finish the rest for dinner tonight. Nice large mushrooms and other veggies come mixed in, which was a nice change. Only downside was that all three of my dinner-mates were served their meals and then our server told me that mine was "coming". I don't understand this. Why bring out any of the meals when they aren't all ready? My friends and boyfriend are very polite so they aren't going to eat while I wait. It just makes for an awkward situation while everyone stares at food getting cold.

I would definitely come back, but not with a group later than 2. I think this place is more condusive to singles coming to sit at the bar and watch a hockey game.

1  Thank Sandra K
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Hubby and I heard about this place from many friends so we finally decided to go and see what all of the fuss is about. We almost missed this tiny little place while driving by! Street parking only, and it's close to a busy Starbucks and a few bars so close parking may be a tad difficult to find! The inside is very rustic-modern, very small. Service was not the greatest, I found that the server was paying more attention to the younger drinking crowd, however the food was fantastic! We both had the organic draught beer (highly recommend!!). I had a create your own burger, while my husband had the bleu cheese burger. Both were hot and juicy, great flavour! We both shared a turkey wing appetizer, which was awesome and the portion size was enormous. A fantastic evening, definitely going there again!