“Good food...not sure about the value”

Rapscallion Rogue Eatery
Ranked #26 of 1,216 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Good food...not sure about the value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

This place is very small and I didn't really think it had much of an atmosphere. But the food was quite good.

The items come out as "sharesies" (for lack of a better term). If you based value entirely on quantity you'll be sorely disappointed. But if you judge the food on creativeness and taste you should come away pleasantly surprised.

For the money, overall, I found it to be a little on the expensive side. We had 3 dishes, 2 soft drinks and the bill was about $56...$64 with tip.

1 Thank Budz66

Hamilton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Open to everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

As a vegan of eight years, I was completely impressed by my experience here this evening. They completely understood my dietary difference and had some delicious, light mini-meals I was able to combine into a delicious dinner (gently cooked green veggies and a decadent beet salad). Something else I appreciate is that they have a weekly vegetarian (and mostly vegan) event. Their sweet marketing poster for it actually reads like this: Meatless Monday; vegetarians and vegans unite. I'm definitely excited for my next visit to rapscallion, no matter the day of the week it is since, as I learned this evening, they are completely understanding and will accommodate dietary difference, especially if you call ahead.

1 Thank amysoule14
Toronto
“Love it every single time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Still my favourite restaurant in the city! Went to Rapscallion for my 4 year anniversary in July and I am still thinking about that delicious watermelon, cucumber salad on that salt block. Since it was our anniversary we ordered several items from the menu and after leaving we felt satisfied but not disgustingly full.

Went back again recently with a group of friends and the server suggested 2 plates per person to share. So we ordered almost everything off the menu and I can't say there was anything bad in the bunch. The atmosphere is so amazing, the service is wonderful and the kitchen knows what they're doing! The plates came out at a great pace, we got to sit and chat and nibble on decadent delights and it was so much fun!

I love this restaurant and glad it's flourishing in the city. And if you haven't yet, you should check out Two Black Sheep, their sister restaurant down the street which is coming close to being my 2nd favourite restaurant in the city.

Dundas, Canada
“Meated Out and Lov'in it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Took a trip to Hamilton last night and we ate at the Rapscallion for the first time.
What a very pleasant surprise! The service was excellent and the food was better!
We started off with a Chicken Liver Brulee that was so tasty and served with a thinly sliced baguette; then moved on to the "Black Heart" - thinly sliced beef heart over black rice - a bit of a walk on the wild side for me but the flavour really came through. The finish was a Rack of lamb with a reduction sauce all over an excellent risotto - WoW!
We also got talked into dessert (thank goodness!) - a thin but rich slice of chocolate/bacon bar of Heaven!
I'm done - we're going back!

Ancaster, Canada
“Prepare to be wowed!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

After much research we decided to give Rapscallion a try. We needed to be close to the downtown for the theatre. Our party of 4 ordered 6 different selections to be shared and every single one was amazing. The wine list was great and service was fun and attentive. Everything in the restaurant from the door being opened when we arrived to dessert was top notch....Way to go Rapscallion!!! We will be back!

1 Thank Allforfood