Budget Inn 2000
US$146
US$104
  • Pool
US$134
Admiral Inn Hamilton(Hamilton)(Great Value!)
US$99
  • Breakfast included
Visitors Inn(Hamilton)
US$158
US$132
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I stayed here labour day weekend 2012 and I was shown two different rooms, the queen bed room, and the king bed room. The one with the queen sized bed I felt was very out dated and small, which was $75/nite. The king sized room was $85/nite. I was actually impressed with the King Sized room(Room 115). They clearly have put in an effort to get the room looking good with upgraded bathroom, laminate flooring, lighting, fresh paint. I found the bed a little hard, but it did the job. The biggest thing that bugged me was the part of town the motel was in. VERY Sketchy area. My wife and I watched a prostitute(we think, but we don't judge) walk out when we arrived around 2:00am and the next morning some lady was complaining to me about her room smelling like pee, the manager refused to give her my room.

The room was clean, the A/C worked eventho it was a little slow, no weird smells/sounds, pressed sheets were nice.

If you're looking to save a buck and just get a nite's rest when other nicer hotels are booked up, I would say stay here in room 115, it wasn't that bad. The front desk was very nice to me as well, they took a $20 deposit @ checkin, and they gave it back tome the next morning in cash.

Room Tip: I would ask for room 115. It was the nicest room in the motel, I'm sure. Remove any items from vehicle too.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dale H
Reviewed 6 September 2012

A cheap hotel in a great location. A buddy and I booked this when we went to a football game. Looked at all the reviews, and knew what we were getting into. What the heck, it's cheap, good location for bars, kinda clean, and staff was friendly. Note; don't bring your significant other here, it's a guy place to crash. Personally if I brought my wife, she wouldn'y have got of the car:)

Room Tip: Check out your room first. Maybe get one over the parking lot so you can keep an eye on your car
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank TheYTs
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Picture on internet not what actually looks like from outside. Curtains on windows ripped. Looks like a dump actually not like the pictures on internet. When I booked they told me there was no cancellation fee. When I cancelled they charged me the full price of my room and I cancelled at 2:30 p.m. on that day. I couldnt stay there after seeing the building from the outside. They say that cancellation policy is on website but have looked an not.

Room Tip: Super 8 on Upper James - reasonable price - good service, exceptionally clean
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Barbra S
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Check-in was smooth. Staff were friendly. I like the fact you can get snacks and beverages at the front desk. The room was clean although dated. I think they (rooms) could use a good remodel. The room smelled of cigarette smoke although I don't believe anyone has smoked in there for a while. The hotel is convenient to downtown and there's a bus stop right outside if you want to leave your car behind.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Stayed there back in 2010 it was my frist time going to hamilton ont. So my friends told me about this place went there for 2nights with friends and the place is all right if u don,t have much money . But when I got in the room the place was clen and there was a fight in the hall way . I would say for a frist time in hamilton it was ok but I would say there agane b.c it,s the cheaps place to say if u don,t have much money.The front stuff help me out alot when i need it .

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends