“A lovely looking spot”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The setting is lovely. Very contemporary. Fresh and clean.

Good service. Interesting menu.

Our dishes, however, were somewhat bland. I had the Huevos Rancheros - it definitely needed a fresh tomato salsa to perk it up. There was actually no tomato sauce at all - or there was too little of it to notice. The restaurant would be wise to buy all of their fresh salsas from Sabores Latinos in Burlington! A terrific place.

I also thought the dish had an odd-tasting herb served along with it. The black beans seemed a bit gummy. My husband had the poached egg dish. He thought that the sauce on the eggs was quite bland, too.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Went to Papa Leo's this morning for Fathers Day Brunch. Never been there before. An excellent experience. Great food and service. No problems getting seated. Staff very friendly. They use all fresh local food prepared from scratch. I had Papa Leo's eggs, my husband had heuvos rancharos. Excellent. Will return for sure. Wonderful different menu.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have been to Papa Leo's several times and the service as well as food is consistently good. The restaurant is located on the south side of Concession Street, directly across from St Stephen's on the Mount Church.
The restaurant seats 24-30 and has a mix of tables seating 2,4,or 6. There is a fresh flower on each table. Food : a daily special of soup & sandwich and they serve an all day breakfast. Portions are generous. One choice is Papa's eggs which is Eggs Benedict with a twist: served on avocado slices instead of an english muffin. The lunchtime fries are homemade freshly cut and hot food is served on a hot plate--exactly as it should be. The food & beverage suppliers are local and identified in a special holder on each table. Wines are $9-12 per glass and beers are $6-7. Lunch for two is just under $30.
Restrooms are spotless. The only drawback is that I did not see the hours posted, I am sure they are, but I didn't spot them.

1  Thank OntarioGinger186
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We went to Papa Leo's on Concession Street on April 19th for late breakfast. First time there for either of us. What a treat! I had the Local; eggs were done perfectly and the toast was from a local bakery with a rye swirl. My partner had the 3-egg omlette; the eggs were super fresh and fluffy; great taste. When we asked for jam for the toast, we didn't get the predictable little plastic tub with something jam-like inside; instead we received a ramkin with what looked (and tasted) like homemade jam. It was a great breakfast for a reasonable sum. The folks that run this seem to really care about the food; it's all local & fresh. We'll be back for sure!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My daughter ordered a hamburger which was good, and her fries were home-made and crispy. I ordered pancakes and they were the same as every restaurant serves! Clearly not from scratch...how disappointing! Also disappointing, was that they were not served with Real Maple Syrup! This makes all the difference to me. I will keep going to the Cannon on Ottawa for their fabulous waffles and maple syrup.

1  Thank TML743