“Great Weekend Stay”

Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed 24 December 2013

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel before in a one bedroom suite, but given we were staying for two nights and entertaining family, we decided to book the one bedroom suite with jacuzzi tub as it had more square footage. This suite was much larger with a full kitchen and it had a large living room area, which was very comfortable. We found the hotel was pet friendly and we paid the $10.00 a day extra and were allowed to have a family pet attend our suite. The staff remains very friendly and the buffet breakfast continues to have lots of choices. The hotel has a nice pool and exercise room. I continue to be impressed with the indoor secure parking. It is only $8.00 a day, which is the cheapest indoor parking rates I have had to pay and it has great height clearance for larger vehicles and is very well lit. In my previous visit to Hamilton in November 2013, we had to stay at another more expensive hotel because the Staybridge Suites was booked. Although the other hotel offered similar amenities, the Staybridge Suites amenities are superior and the rates are definitely better value for your money.

Room Tip: One bedroom with jacuzzi suites offer more square footage in the living room area.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MuskokaMan
Tina R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. We at Staybridge Suites Hamillton-Downtown are delighted you enjoyed your stay and you were pleased with our Jacuzzi Suite. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Hamilton.

Have a Safe and Happy New Year!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel itself is great, very clean, new, modern and big. Lots of amenities, good gym, and decent pool. Complimentary breakfast was great. The staff were also super friendly and helpful.

That being said, it is in a bad location. Sure there is a Tim Hortons right next door but at all times of the day there are homeless people hanging around out front. I was approached by 6 people over 2 days trying to hustle some money and was even threatened by one. Its unfortunate because there are some nice restaurants within walking distance on King.

This is a strange review because i'm not sure if i would stay here again, if it was in a different location i would. But the location kills the potential of the hotel.

Added bonus: Pets allowed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Tina R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Hello Matt,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. The staff are pleased you enjoyed your stay! I appreciate your feedback with regards to the surrounding area, I assure you the area is safe however it is always wise to be cautious anywhere one travels. We hope to see you the next time you are in Hamilton.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Very friendly staff and attentive to very need you may have. Cleanliness is perfectly exellent. Breakfast has big selection and very fresh. The Social in the evening is very warm and inviting. You need to stay here!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hello Steve and Rhonda,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us your review. It is a pleasure having you both stay at the hotel and we look forward to exceeding your expectations throughout your stay!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have added few pics that speak about the state of the art condition of this "just over a year old hotel"... Leaves me disappointed to see condition of the hotel nose-diving with each passing day... Just one clarification...I usually do not give a negative feedback but having stayed at this hotel almost every month between March and now I have seen issues that the management / supervisory staff is overlooking...

Room Tip: Take an upgrade to a Jacuzzi room at your risk!! You may get a shower when the person in the room ab...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 24,102,013
Tina R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. First off we would like to thank you for staying with us during your time in Hamilton over the last several months. While it's true there was a leak in the your room due to a burst pipe please be assured the problem has been resolved. It woul be my pleasure to further discuss your review, please feel free to contact me directly at 905-667-6093.

Sincerly,

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was in Hamilton on business and stayed at this hotel. The rooms were great and they had everything one could want. However I did not need to cook as the breakfast was included and so was dinner on three nights of the week. Breakfast was great with a good choice of food. The people at the desk were so helpful any time I had a question. I was so glad to see my coffee shop next door but it was not living up to its regular standards. Once again I think it was the area the hotel was located in. I loved that I did not have to go out on the street to smoke as there was a wonderful patio to go out on and sit and enjoy. Yes I would go to this chain again but not this one only because of the location.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor and away from the elevators and it was very quiet there. It over looked the p...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. We are delighted you enjoyed the ammenities we offer at the hotel. We certainly hope you do come back and visit again.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a two night stay, arrived on a Wednesday morning expecting to find problems with parking but this was not the case at all, the underground parking lot was almost empty so parking was not a problem for us.

The staff are just wonderful. As soon as we arrived at the front desk we were greeted by a wonderful young lady who checked us in right away ( even though we arrived 3 hours before regular check-in time). Our room was a 1 Bedroom Suite on the 5th floor, room # 512, very nice decor.

If I have one complaint then it would be the lack of natural light coming in the room and with that said there are not enough incondecent lights to make up for that, so the livingroom area was quite dark.

Since the hotel is only approx 1 year old it is in excellent condition, clean and fresh. If you are looking for a hotel that is close to Copps, Hamilton Place and the downtown core then this is the hotel for you. The next time we are in Hamilton we will stay here for sure. Thank You Staybridge Suites for a wonderful, enjoyable, relaxing stay. See you soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tina R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Hello Lamb2020,

Thank you for taking time to send us your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at the hotel during your time in Hamilton. It would be our pleasure to have you stay at our hotel again the next time you are in town.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 October 2013

First off I must say this is a new hotel and is wonderfully appointed within the room for the price. Nonetheless because it is a suite style hotel many people appear to be living there for an extended period and as a result are cooking in their suites much like you would in an apartment....which lead to very funky combination of curry /microwave dinner/ frozen pizza and soup smells throughout the halls. The hotel offers a breakfast each morning which is adequate but nothing to look forward. Each evening they have an evening social hour with rotating item of the week like cold cut sandwiches the day I was there...again, it's free so you eat it but nothing to rave about. The neighborhood is VERY sketchy and I would not suggest you venture out after dark. I didn't feel safe even in the hour before dark. There is a Tim Hortons next door but besides that there is nothing worth mentioning. For the price I would seek something else if you are looking for a business lodging hotel...

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Hello Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. Our property is an "Extended Stay" hotel with guests who are here with us for longer periods of time, therefore utiilizing our fully equiped kitchens. With regards to our "Evening Socials" we alternate meals from day to day for our guests enjoyment and variety. We do appreciate your feedback as it gives up an opportunity to improve our guest experince. It would be my pleasure to discuss your review in person so please feel free to contact me directly at gm@staybridgehamilton.com.

Kind Regards,