“Home away from Home.”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Stoney Creek
“Home away from Home.”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Due to unfortunate circumstances (home was flooded), I was finding myself needing to stay in a hotel for a long term stay. A friend of mine had referred me to this hotel, and after reading some reviews and looking at photographs, I decided to check in. The room was spacious, elegant, and exceptionally clean. The best feature (aside from the King size private bedroom, and comfortable large living room) was the kitchen. It included a full size stainless steel fridge, stove top, microwave, dishwasher, sink, along with all necessities such as a toaster, cutlery, pots/pans, cutting board ect to make cooking dinner a breeze. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays, they even included a "social hour" which included free dinner, so I didn't even need to cook on those busy weekdays. The hot breakfast they included daily was by far the best breakfast I have ever had included for free in a hotel. The staff were extremely accommodating, friendly, and always busy cleaning and keeping the place looking immaculate. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone needing accommodations in the area, and have to admit, was slightly disappointed when my stay was over!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Tina R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Hello Shelley,

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your review. It is unfortunate your stay was due to negative circumstances,however we enjoyed having you stay with us and are thrilled you felt at home. It is our goal to ensure all guests whether here for business, pleasure or an unfortunte event such as fire or flood, feel comfortable and satisfied with our facilities. Please come back and visit anytime!

Tina Rogano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Although i gave the hotel a rating of 4 that is not how i would rate the room its self. i would rank the room itelf as a 1
1- the wheelchair room was on the 7th floor - i feel any wheelchair room should be either on the main floor at worst the first floor. For obviously reasons having someone in a chair and a fire do not mix. How am i to get out if elevator is not working??<br/>2- the room was also the farthest from the elevator. Wheechair and carpet do not match.<br/>3- the room was difficult to get into as the door threshold was to high, and the island/table was as soon as you go into room.<br/>4-Bed was to high to transfer from wheelchair to bed. I had to get help into bed.<br/>5-the bathroom was large and easy to get around. However the shower should be barrier free. It was very difficult to get into the shower, my wife HAD to help me in.<br/><br/>the bathroom in the breakfast area I could not get my chair into.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Tina R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Bazwar6,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. Please be aware that I am taking your concerns very serioulsy and will look for ways to resolve the issues you discussed. We want all our guests to feel comfortable and well taken care of, and when this is not the case we take measures to change and grow.

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I travel to this hotel for work related purposes. I simply randomly chose this hotel from a limited amount that were available in this specific area. The check in process was very simple and I was welcomed when I first arrived to the desk. The girl at the desk was very nice and took the time to explain everything that was included for the duration of my stay. Though this hotel is only one-year-old it was very nice in the room on the sixth floor was very impressive. The rooms had a full kitchen including dishwasher sink fridge microwave and other little appliances that your standard hotel doesn't have. Had a large bathroom, shower area and have a sink outside of the bathroom so it's easy for two people to get ready at the same time. Excellent free buffet breakfast daily and everything was refreshed when the buffet food was getting low. Good selection of breakfast and they typically had coffee until 10 PM. The Internet connection was very strong and easy to access. During this day, I stayed for three nights and have to return to the Hamilton area the first week in February and I will be staying again at this hotel.

Room Tip: Though not the fault of the hotel, you do hear many police cars, ambulances and fire trucks through...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jayzam79
Hello Jayzam,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your wonderful review. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed all our hotel has to offer. We pride ourselves in a home away from home feel for all travelers whether visiting for business or leisure. I am delighted you will be returning this month and look forward to opportunity to meet you.

Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Rooms are large with separate bedroom with door off living area and kitchen, also nice assortment of utensils, nice work area, internet, free local calls. lots of underground parking included
Great breakfast included
staff very friendly and helpful, no problems, enjoyed my stay good value .
The newest hotel in the down town core..... for business have to give it 10

Room Tip: room over the court yard
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Trudi,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your wonderful review. We are thrilled you enjoyed all our amenities and our staff were helpful and friendly. We look forward to hosting your stay the next time you visit Hamilton.

Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Last minute stay due to weather.

What a great place. The staff were over the top friendly!

Good size rooms clean and well appointed and the beds are comfortable!

Good water pressure and amenities in the room.

Great free breakfast - what you would expect from the IHG Group of hotels!

We will stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TangoForFun
Tina R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your kind review. We are so glad you were safe and sound here at the hotel during the storm. The staff at Staybridge Suites Hamilton-Downtown are wonderful people and love to interact with all our guests to ensure everyone feels at home. We look forward to having you stay at the hotel in the future!

Happy New Year!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights during 1st week of Nov when we visited my sister in Hamilton. Like the other Staybridge Suites where we have previously stayed in, this hotel was an excellent one, and by far, our favorite. Complimentary breakfast in the morning was amazing and the breakfast host made sure that there was enough food available. Luckily, we stayed there during their social evening, where they served complimentary light dinner. The host was really kind and gave our kids the leftover cookies which were really yummy! I wish I knew her name. The room we were in was clean. It was big enough for the kids to play in. We appreciate the small kitchen as it made us feel at home. I couldn't ask for more. We will definitely stay here again, probably this January. :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank aweesh
Hello,

Thank you so much for sending us your review! The staff at Staybridge Suites Hamilton-Downtown are thrilled you enjoyed your stay during your visit to your sister. I hope the kids liked the cookies and I will let Sandra from our Social know about your kind words. We all look forward to seeing you again!

Happy New Year!
Bracebridge, Canada
Reviewed 24 December 2013

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel before in a one bedroom suite, but given we were staying for two nights and entertaining family, we decided to book the one bedroom suite with jacuzzi tub as it had more square footage. This suite was much larger with a full kitchen and it had a large living room area, which was very comfortable. We found the hotel was pet friendly and we paid the $10.00 a day extra and were allowed to have a family pet attend our suite. The staff remains very friendly and the buffet breakfast continues to have lots of choices. The hotel has a nice pool and exercise room. I continue to be impressed with the indoor secure parking. It is only $8.00 a day, which is the cheapest indoor parking rates I have had to pay and it has great height clearance for larger vehicles and is very well lit. In my previous visit to Hamilton in November 2013, we had to stay at another more expensive hotel because the Staybridge Suites was booked. Although the other hotel offered similar amenities, the Staybridge Suites amenities are superior and the rates are definitely better value for your money.

Room Tip: One bedroom with jacuzzi suites offer more square footage in the living room area.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MuskokaMan
Tina R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hamilton - Downtown, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. We at Staybridge Suites Hamillton-Downtown are delighted you enjoyed your stay and you were pleased with our Jacuzzi Suite. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Hamilton.

Have a Safe and Happy New Year!