“Hidden gem - no frills, but great empanadas and roasted chicken”
Review of Culantro Peruvian Cookery - MOVED

Culantro Peruvian Cookery
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Culantro Peruvian Cookery is the dream of a Lima & San Francisco-trained chef who found himself far from home. Everything we do is from-scratch & beautifully presented in a spotlessly clean, cosy atmosphere.
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I have been to Culantro a few times. The location is not great, but this no frills restaurant is a hidden gem. The food is of exceptional quality even if the choice is not large and some items on the menu were not available. We loved the empanadas and the roasted chicken. Also try their dessert empanadas!

The service is also extremely friendly. Very good value for money.

1  Thank ProfileTA

Reviewed 22 March 2014

My husband and I found this gem of a restaurant by searching online for the best restaurants in Hamilton. We are so glad we found it! The food is absolutely delicious, the service is wonderful and the presentation is beautiful. The menu is small but varied and they have daily specials. The yucca fries are indeed "to die for"! The chef buys locally. I highly recommend this restaurant. I wish I lived closer to it so I could eat there every week. As it is, I am going to make the trip just to go there again and again. Well done, Culantro!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We have just had a terrific meal at a great price at culantro . It is a five star meal at a one star price .very friendly service makes you feel like home. We will definitely go back , very classy food.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We love this restaurant lots! Unique flavours and excellent service! We will be returning! Love the chicken, empanadas and they have fantastic desserts!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

My wife and I stopped in here on our last day in Hamilton, Ontario and were very pleased. Juicy, succulent, well-seasoned chicken. Yucca fries. Wonderful beef empanadas. Perfectly prepared quinoa salad. The sauces were quite good too. My only complaint is I would have preferred a little more cumin on the chicken but otherwise we were very satisfied.

1  Thank T B