“Nice local hotel”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Bedford, Massachusetts
“Nice local hotel”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The hotel is clean, people are friendly, and services are good. It's not a resort, it's not a 5*, but it's a nice place to stay near McMaster and the freeway. Indoor pool and jacuzzi looked nice, exercise room is small but reasonable for a hotel of this size.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My parnter and I were attending a wedding at McMaster University. Being originally from the Hamilton area, I know there isn't any really nice hotels in town, and wasn't sure where we would end up staying, but decided on The Visitor's Inn based on good Trip Advisor reviews. We just needed a place to crash at the end of the night, and for the most part the hotel was fine for this. My only grips are that 1) we were told the entire hotel was non-smoking, but there was a distinct cigarette smell in our room, and 2) all of the nine of the pillows on our bed were so big and firm that I had hard time getting comfortable and falling asleep, and now 2 days later, I still have a stiff neck. Otherwise, the hotel and our room was clean, and appeared to have been updated since the time some of the photos on the website were taken. The hotel staff we dealt with were friendly and helpful, the mattress and bedding was comfortable, and the size of the room was decent.

Room Tip: Most of the King rooms are on the ground floor, and have a motel-style door leading out from the roo...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Stayed there for a week, the rooms were clean, its close to friends I was visiting. The rooms were actually very big, and the beds were very comfortable. I did not eat at the restaurant although the food looked decent from what I could tell. Decent value for the money too, I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
South Miami, Florida
Reviewed 16 April 2012 via mobile

I am staying here on buisness. The university actually recommended it and glad they did. The staff is great very friendly and always great you with a genuine smile. There need to be more inns like this and I guess I could say I travel a bit this is my 8th buisness trip this year. The salad I had at the restaurant was ok but I rarely get a great salad. Mcmasters U is within walking distance about 15 min walk, and 5 min by taxi.

Stayed April 2012
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed in the Jacuzzi suite here over a long weekend in February. The room was huge! This was probably the best thing I could say about the room though. It was definitely in need of a revamp. I don't think the room has been updated since the 90s. Everything just looked tired and old. This would have been fine to manage with, but it wasn't even that clean. The glass tops on two of the tables had smudges from the last guest, and there was someone else's hair in the Jacuzzi. I had breakfast in the restaurant the next morning, and the food was pretty good though.
Until the hotel invests some money into updating the rooms (and keeping them clean), I don't think I will visit again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pahboh
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I am an international student. I went to Hamilton and while I was looking for an accomodation I stayed at the hotel for 3 days.

THE STAFF: they were very very friendly. The first day, when i got the hotel there was an old man in in front desk who maybe wasnt so good since he looked quite tired of my bad english (although he was all the time trying to keep a false smile pretending to look friendly...). The rest were pretty good. They helped me at anything I needed or any doubt I had.
Last morning I was at the hotel i went to the restaurant to have breakfast. The woman that was working there was really really friendly. She was from Scottland as far as I remember and was chatting with me.

THE ROOM: it was reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy biiiigggggg!!!! I was alone and I had 2 double beds, a big sofa and an hugeeeee desk. There was a flat TV but I didnt use it. It was very clean, and it was cleaned everyday. The bathroom -- good enough. I didnt need more. It dont think it was noisy at night (Ive read in some commets that some people werent so happy about that)...what is important to sleep well.

THE FOOD: As i said before I only had breakfast the last day i was there and it was good. Good price and quality.

THE PRICE: for a spanish person it is expensive, but the rest of hotels are also expensive in a spanish view point so...comparing with the rest of hotels of hamilton, I think it was the best ratio price-quality.Ive read some other hotels that everyone who stated there were very happy because it wasnt hotel, there were kind of houses where you could stay in some rooms but their cost was 130€ per night as far as i remember...well i dont think you should pay that much when you could go to Visitort Inn hotel that its cheaper and you will spend a very good stay there.

LOCATION:It was quite close to MacMaster University. I counted exactly 20 minutes walking and there was a bus stop close to the hotel.

I saw the swimming pool although i didnt use it. It was good enough for a hotel.

CONCLUSIONS: I recommend this hotel. Id say its the best choice if you want to stay in Hamilton due to its ratio price-quality.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank cnd85Traveler
west sussex
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed here in October, mostly friendly Staff ,small but good restaurant,serving excellent breakfast. Very nice pool for an early morning swim for those with jet-lag.Rooms comfatable with large beds ,downside was small wardrobe and the noise from highways bothsides of hotel .Parking is free and buses stop outside hotel.Overall great Value for money

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family