“This Place is Awesome!”

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
A TripAdvisor Member
“This Place is Awesome!”
Reviewed 1 February 2005

We love the Visitors Inn! Friendly staff, clean and spacious rooms, and good accomodations for kids.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 15 November 2004

I took a tour of the Visitor's Inn tonight after work and must say I was very impressed with this place. A friend is looking for a place to stay in June of next year and having seen it off the highway for years, I thought this might be a good place to start my search for accomodations for her. I'll give you a list of the pro's listed below:

FIRST THOUGHTS:
- Friendly front desk staff
- Very clean pool, hot tub area with plenty of pool side furniture and towels
- Very pleasant looking lobby, clean, quiet and well maintained
- A small Bistro type restaurant on site for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Vending machines carrying pop, snacks and ice machine available
- FREE PARKING (no trouble finding a spot, arriving at 5:15pm on a Monday night)
- Easy access from highway (Main Street West, Hamilton)
- Very clean looking hallways....saw two floors worth of hallways. They even smelled clean.
- Has the feel of a smaller type hotel but very professionally maintained.
- Cordless telephones with speaker option and free local calls
- Complimentary daily newspaper
- Well equipped exercise room
- Hairdryer in each room
- And I was told that there is 24 hour security of the property and building.

ROOM TOURS: When I arrived Eric the manager had not mapped out what to show me. Instead he asked a front desk clerk which rooms might be available now and she handed him the keys. As well, he asked me what I wanted to see. It didn't seem like a set tour where they try to stay away from areas that might not be so great. He was friendly and professional and seemed very proud of the establishment.
- The Double Occupancy basic room had tile floor in the bathroom, two double beds, a bedside table in the middle of the two beds, an alarm clock, television, desk, mini fridge that was cold as well as a mini bar fully stocked and ready to charge to the room, coffee maker and complimentary coffee and tea, closet with ironing board and iron, and complimentary room safe. It was what you expected of a decent hotel...nothing fancy but more than adequate. I'd stay there, no problem in the least.

- The Efficiency Suite was a surprise...because I have never seen one of these in a hotel before.....guess I just never considered cooking while in a hotel before:-) It was cool......Consisted of much the same as the double room but when you first enter you have little kitchenette with burners, little fridge, cupboard containing pots, pans, dishs, utensils, there was a microwave oven, coffee maker and dishcloth. It was also very clean looking and I was impressed.

Sorry I didn't take my digital camera...went right from work and completely forgot. But I would highly recommend this hotel. I timed it and drove to the downtown core of Hamilton after the tour and it took me 8 minutes in rush hour traffic at 5:30pm.

I remarked about how quiet it was to the manager and was told it is a very business person oriented place and that is why people like it.

I hope this helps you in making a decision. I didn't stay overnight as explained above but can really see no reason whatsoever not to stay here. Just a nice, clean place.

Kell