“Load of potential”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton Ontario
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Although the finishing touches were still being put on the hotel you could see unlimited potential here. Friendly staff, beautiful rooms and a convenient area for concerts, business or area exploring. It will be interesting if this area can be built up to match this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I had a really great experience at this hotel! It was very beautifully decorated and clean. The room was spectacular and again very clean! I really enjoyed having a kitchen in my room as well as a beautiful view of the city. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful; I was not expecting to have freshly made waffles available for a free breakfast! Overall I had a very great experience!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank kimberlym237
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed here one night with the family to have some swimming time for the kids as part of a relaxing weekend away. Very new hotel with excellent staff. The suite was obviously modern with dishwasher, stove-top and a full-size fridge. It was smaller than most suites I've stayed at and seemed a bit tight for space. For example, to hang up my coat, I had to enter the main room, walk through the bedroom, and walk through the bathroom to get to the only closet. Most surprising was how small the swimming pool was. It was smaller than many backyard pools I've been in. When one kid jumps into the pool at one end, everyone else in the pool gets splashed, something my kids got tired of very quickly. No hot tub either. The breakfast was excellent but it stops at 9:30 am even on weekends, which made our relaxing Sunday morning a bit rushed. Others have mentioned the parking garage -- the garage doors are so narrow, I almost hit both my minivan mirrors simultaneously on entry and exit, and the scratches on the door frames showed other car mirrors didn't fare as well as mine. If I were travelling on business, I would give it a solid 4 out of 5, but based on my family's experience it only rates a 3.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DarrenA
Olivera R, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Darren,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton hotel for your family’s relaxing weekend.

I am sorry to hear that some hotel facilities – pool and parking - did not meet your expectations. I am also delighted to know that you found our staff and our breakfast to be “excellent”. Your comments have been shared with all staff and are greatly appreciated.

We do recognize that the pool is on the smaller side and have therefore made arrangements with other Downtown hotels as well as a local public pool to offer complimentary usage to our hotel guests -should they require a larger pool or spa.

Your concerns regarding parking garage entrance are being addressed.

I am happy to advise you that our complimentary breakfast is now open between 7:00a.m. – 10:00a.m. on weekends and holiday, to allow for a more relaxing Saturday and Sunday mornings.

We hope that our excellent service surpasses our shortcomings and that you will be our guests again in the near future.

Olivera Radisic

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed there for sporting event weekend so the hotel was very busy and with it being new there were few MINOR issues but the hotel is immaculate and very well decorated. The rooms are very big clean and well layed out. I could not believe how amazing the breakfast staff kept everything stocked and clean as it was very very busy. Kudos to the breakfast staff!!! The parking is tight as I have a big pick-up but they did accomodate me with an outdoor spot. The location is fantastic and getting around was very easy as the staff were able to help. Lots within walking distance and definitely would stay here again, Keep up the good work this hotel will certainly be one of the premier hotels in Hamilton.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2014

the parking has issues of pillars that will damage your car, and poor lighting. breakfast was acceptable not acceptional. location is great for downtown. restaurants around to choose from. entertainment also.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This hotel is new but well thought out. This is Not your typical HOMEWOOD.
The Front was friendly, articulate and ready to help me find anything in the Hotel. The layout surprised me that it was NOT the same old hotel design but pretty inviting and of course it was new. From the rooms to the breakfast area - bar great looking and functional. The breakfast and light dinners are wonderful.

Room Tip: Its a Hilton, even in the city I heard No traffic noise even when having breakfast on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ron B
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent service, friendly and helpful staff to answer any of your questions. You can save money with complimentary breakfast and supper. Our family will be returning to this location in the near future.
Suites are far better than a regular hotel rm for a family.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business