“Make sure your room doesn't already have inhabitants..”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton Ontario
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Upon walking into our room i saw some snacks on the counter in the kitchen which was nice amenities, likely for a charge although the bananas gave me pause. Into the bedroom it was spacious and nice and on the bed were some brochures nicely laid out with a small tablet computer. They give out computers here? I turned around and saw a back pack on the floor and a wallet on the dresser.... Yikes!
Back to front desk.. The guy there says oh I have you someone's room in error.. Here's a new room. Oh okay and what if I was the type to see an opportunity take the computer, wallet or cash in it as well, and look plead innocent?? The point here is yes people make errors but as guests we need to remember how easy this can happen. Lock up all of your valuables people. I was in there for less than 5min - more than enough time to clean them out.. Don't leave anything out that you wouldn't miss, just in case. The guy at the front may have been new, he did not seem to know how to book guests in, multitask, deal with a ringing phone and two people on line.. I sure hope this was an exception not a rule there of the service.

The other not cool thing was the feathers in the bed linens pillows etc, I'm allergic and there was apparently no alternative. Plus how cruel is that anyway? Has the hotel seen how the feathers come to be? Horrifying. Why not offer something hypoallergenic and cruelty free?

Other than that the plus side:
Huge rooms
Kitchens full fridge
Clean
Good location despite a somewhat quiet city
Rates are ok ask for better
About equal to hotels on Front street in downtown toronto.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank SoleilVert
Olivera R, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear SoleilVert,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton hotel. Our guests’ feedback is of great importance to us as it allows us to improve on our product and service. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory.

Our aim is to provide exceptional service and comfortable accommodations but our main priority is the safety and security of our guests. Being assigned an occupied room is absolutely unacceptable and this has been addressed with the staff member in question. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We offer both Down Dream and Fiber Hypoallergenic pillows in each suite to accommodate all guest preferences. Our quilted blankets (duvets) are not down filled. I wish you had noted your allergy at the time of reservation or reached out to one of our Guest Services Agents upon check in. This would have allowed us an opportunity to address your concern and better accommodate your needs.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to regain your confidence in our product and service on your next visit to Hamilton.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton Ontario

Reviewed 12 June 2014

You cannot say enough great things about this new property in Hamilton. What a fantastic hotel. Kudos to the designers at Hilton as they hit a home run with this one. I travel very frequently and this is now at the top of my list for hotels. Rooms are very spacious, well decorated, and outfitted with premium amenities. Although i only stayed one night, it wouldn't be hard to stay for a lengthy period! Common areas and dining rooms among the best I have seen.Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Parking available $8. Great location is close to restaurants (Hess Street) and Coliseum. I will definitely stay here again if I need to stay anywhere near Hamilton.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Olivera R, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear DDKW,

I am so thrilled that Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton is at the top of your list for hotels - that you found our suites to be spacious - offering premium amenities, our common areas among the best, and our staff friendly.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.

Whenever you are ready to check- in for one night or an extended stay - we look forward to welcoming you back and ‘Wowing’ you with our product and service each and every time.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

my daughter and I stayed here for a sporting event and the room is modern and spotless, a kitchen efficiency with a full fridge. Great staff and great location. We will stay here again when we return to Hamilton.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014

You will not find a nicer hotel anywhere in Hamilton or most other cities. Rooms and amenities are top notch. Great gym, breakfast and dinner (Mon-thurs) meals included. Traveled with 3 others for business and we couldnt believe the great spacious rooms. Travel a lot so trust this post!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had a a great stay in downtown Hamilton. The hotel was excellent as were the amenities. The staff was exceptionally friendly and always willing to help. We were walking distance from many restaurants and shops, allowing us to easily explore Hamilton.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I find sound proof is very poor. I could hear people talking and kits running in the hall loud and clear. I could hear outside traffic loud and clear. Actual blind only cover half of the window (main part is sheer and light comes right through) and couldn't sleep in or nap in the afternoon. I guess I am not supposed to take a nap or sleep in?? Also refrigerator making all kinds of squeaking noise all night and my wife could sleep at night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hyang Sik Y

Dear Hyang,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations.

I personally went to inspect your suite to correctly address your comments about the window treatment and fridge noise.

Your suite, as all of our suites, has window treatment that consists of decorative panels on the side, sheers across the window and black out drapes tucked away behind the sheers that close all the way and block out any / all light.

We had a technician inspect the fridge in your suite and it seems to be working fine. I do apologize that your wife was kept up by noise.

I am pleased that our staff was able to accommodate you at check out and we hope to welcome you back to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was a very family friendly hotel. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. I have a little one who is 6 months old and they provided me with a crib in our room (which was actually a crib - other hotels I've stayed in just gave us a pack 'n play with a small mattress). The room comes fully equipped which helps for being comfortable and making food in the room. The only down-side is that there are no bath tubs in the washroom - only a shower. It's a nice shower but with a little one it would be better if there was a tub.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Lori,

We are thrilled to know that you had a comfortable stay and that you found our staff polite and helpful.

We certainly hope that you will make Homewood Suites by Hilton your hotel of choice on your next visit to Hamilton. For further comfort and convenience, please inquire about the availability of our bedroom suites that offer bath tubs.