“Brilliant value for the money”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton Ontario
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Hamilton, Canada
“Brilliant value for the money”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Brand new hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful. We were in town to visit McMaster University. I typically like all Hilton properties as I feel they have the best points program also. Very enjoyable stay :-)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Northville, Michigan
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on two separate business trips. This Hilton property is extremely clean (I believe it is pretty new), and has everything a business traveler needs. The women at the front desk know what customer service is! Bravo to them!!!

I have stayed in room 1501 both trips- very nice, good sized with all the amenities I need to be comfortable.

The only negative I have is the construction around the hotel and the area around is pretty worn.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My daughters and I had a wonderful reunion while staying in a suite on the top floor of the hotel, facing the lake. The room had all the amenities we needed and plenty of space. The kitchen was fully equipped. Sitting room was comfortable. All was very clean and comfortable. The staff were excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We went to Hamilton for a wedding and booked this hotel not knowing how great it is. We had a full kitchen, iron and ironing board (which I did use for our dress clothes). Our suite was a corner room on the 15th floor, we woke up to a sunrise that I could watch from my window. Wonderful!! I didn't have a chance to have the breakfast or enjoy the pool but we did use some of the dishes (and the kitchen has everything you need) as we ate lunch in the room one day.
I will definetly be going back to this hotel, Hamilton needed a few nicer hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, you end up with two walls of windows
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We love the hilton chain and have stayed twice on the 16th floor on both sides of the hotel. Whilst in town looking for a new home.
I love the room and the design. The disappointing thing is even up high on the 16th floor the traffic noise is so loud until approx 2am. We've stayed in major cities all over the world, but I've never experienced noise like this in a smaller town like hamilton. I really believe they cheaped out on the windows, It's such a shame, such nice rooms and so much noise. Watch for the large puddles in the underground parking which still seems to leak. It's very small and chopped up with no directional signs still. Not sure what's up with that!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
toronto
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Upon walking into our room i saw some snacks on the counter in the kitchen which was nice amenities, likely for a charge although the bananas gave me pause. Into the bedroom it was spacious and nice and on the bed were some brochures nicely laid out with a small tablet computer. They give out computers here? I turned around and saw a back pack on the floor and a wallet on the dresser.... Yikes!
Back to front desk.. The guy there says oh I have you someone's room in error.. Here's a new room. Oh okay and what if I was the type to see an opportunity take the computer, wallet or cash in it as well, and look plead innocent?? The point here is yes people make errors but as guests we need to remember how easy this can happen. Lock up all of your valuables people. I was in there for less than 5min - more than enough time to clean them out.. Don't leave anything out that you wouldn't miss, just in case. The guy at the front may have been new, he did not seem to know how to book guests in, multitask, deal with a ringing phone and two people on line.. I sure hope this was an exception not a rule there of the service.

The other not cool thing was the feathers in the bed linens pillows etc, I'm allergic and there was apparently no alternative. Plus how cruel is that anyway? Has the hotel seen how the feathers come to be? Horrifying. Why not offer something hypoallergenic and cruelty free?

Other than that the plus side:
Huge rooms
Kitchens full fridge
Clean
Good location despite a somewhat quiet city
Rates are ok ask for better
About equal to hotels on Front street in downtown toronto.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank SoleilVert
Olivera R, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton Ontario, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear SoleilVert,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton hotel. Our guests’ feedback is of great importance to us as it allows us to improve on our product and service. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory.

Our aim is to provide exceptional service and comfortable accommodations but our main priority is the safety and security of our guests. Being assigned an occupied room is absolutely unacceptable and this has been addressed with the staff member in question. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We offer both Down Dream and Fiber Hypoallergenic pillows in each suite to accommodate all guest preferences. Our quilted blankets (duvets) are not down filled. I wish you had noted your allergy at the time of reservation or reached out to one of our Guest Services Agents upon check in. This would have allowed us an opportunity to address your concern and better accommodate your needs.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to regain your confidence in our product and service on your next visit to Hamilton.

Olivera Radisic
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

You cannot say enough great things about this new property in Hamilton. What a fantastic hotel. Kudos to the designers at Hilton as they hit a home run with this one. I travel very frequently and this is now at the top of my list for hotels. Rooms are very spacious, well decorated, and outfitted with premium amenities. Although i only stayed one night, it wouldn't be hard to stay for a lengthy period! Common areas and dining rooms among the best I have seen.Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Parking available $8. Great location is close to restaurants (Hess Street) and Coliseum. I will definitely stay here again if I need to stay anywhere near Hamilton.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Olivera R, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton Ontario, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear DDKW,

I am so thrilled that Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton is at the top of your list for hotels - that you found our suites to be spacious - offering premium amenities, our common areas among the best, and our staff friendly.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.

Whenever you are ready to check- in for one night or an extended stay - we look forward to welcoming you back and ‘Wowing’ you with our product and service each and every time.

Olivera Radisic