“Loved it!”

Cuisines: Soups
Thornhill, Canada
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We came from Toronto for a concert and found this place through Tripadvisor. Went in for a quick bite to eat and were quite pleasantly surprised at how great everything was. Our order included a burger, the cucumber/chili/yogurt salad, fries, and veggie soup (I believe it was Moroccan). I didn't eat the burger, but was told it was yummy, and I've tried everything else and loved it.
With the soup, you get the choice of a side of bread, celery/carrots, or an apple.
Wish we had a place like this in Toronto, we fully enjoyed this meal. It was very hearty and seemed home-cooked :)

Hamilton, Canada
“Open Kitchen, Quality Food and Fun Staff”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

On our way to a gallery exhibit, we had a little time to kill and were hungry, so we walked in the area and found Burnt Tongue. I popped online and checked it out... the reviews looked good, so we figured it was worth a try. I am glad we gave it a shot - the food was fresh, homemade and fantastic. It is a small place and it was packed. It featured an open kitchen, which I love because you can see the chefs preparing food - who doesn't love that? We had to wait a few minutes for a table, but it wasn't too long and it was reassuring that it was so busy. We had (shared of course) a double hamburger, grilled cheese, potato and leek soup and fries. The burger was truly delicious... top of the list for burgers in the city. The grilled cheese was just that - a grilled cheese, but it was cooked perfectly crispy and tasted great. The soup, although it could have been a bit hotter (no Burnt Tongue here) was absolutely delicious. You could see all the ingredients and the texture was perfect - that soup was a definite win. Now the fries. They were fresh cut and cooked to perfection... really. The outside had a whisper thin layer of solid crunch and in insides were soft and creamy... these could be addictive and I am not typically a french fry person... I hear these are called Belgium Frites... whatever, they rocked. The service was great - really friendly people worked there. There isn't a fixed menu as dishes rotate daily, so we will definitely return to taste their other quality offerings. I wish they were close to my office so I could enjoy them regularly for lunch.

Hamilton, Canada
“Great Food, Great Atmopshere, Great Owner”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I had the best burger and fries I have had in a long time, great service, owner was there and very friendly. Asked for my burger to be done a certain way and it was. I will go back

• Visited April 2014
Hamilton, Canada
“Amazing Soup and Burgers”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had the cream of mushroom with thyme soup. Loved it. The burger was great too. Homemade - yummmmmm! Will definately go back. Love the rustic decor.

“Great lunch spot”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Hit there right at noon on a Friday and the place was packed. Burnt Tongue is a tiny little hole in the wall on Cannon Street by James that is unexpectedly both funky and tasty. Had a grilled cheese that was delish and some of the best fries in town. My wife had the quinoa salad and some fries. The fritesausse (Dutch mayo) for the fries was pretty tasty too. All under 20 bucks. We'll be back for sure.