“Always great”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have eaten here now for number of years and really like going the pasta dishes are to die for. The pizza i had last time however was NOT good it was tiny and dry and we didn't like it. The garlic butter for the bread they serve is soo good and the Cesar salad is really great and delicious. Overall 9.5 out of 10 I would like the place to be a Little more clean the tables are a little greasy

1  Thank angelavc30

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Small interior. We arrived around 5 pm without reservations and were told we could stay as long as we were gone by 6:30.

Complimentary bread basked: stale store bought bread with margarine packets. I'm sorry: our love just died. Italian restaurant + butter packet + stale bread = never again.

The Caesar salad had no flavour whatsoever. It wasn't pretty or artful either.

The pasta was the worst part - I cannot bear a sweet tomato sauce that has no seasoning or garlic flavour. It was like thick globs of tomate paste and sugar. Gross.

We did not partake in dessert as the circle of trust had been too badly damaged at that point to engage further.

Italian isn't hard!! There's no excuse for the aforementioned crimes to cuisine.

I'm sad that this place has such rave reviews. It's indicative of a verrrry low bar I guess. But really? Make a reservation!!! Like it's such a treat - hahaha.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Loved our mean there, and the waitress was so helpful.
Pasta cooked to perfection. Amazing sauce and seafood.
Attentive service, can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Each time we come here, and we come here whenever we visit Hamilton for the Ride to Conquer Cancer or kids at McMaster University, I am blown away by this little place tucked into a strip mall beside all kinds of low-end businesses. Reservations are pretty much a must, as the place is small, and you are limited, understandably, to two hours. The menu is HUGE, pastas and sauces clearly fresh and from scratch every time as you can alter anything on the menu as you wish...loads of appetizers, nice desserts and a great wine list, featuring Tawse wines,one of my personal Ontario favourites. Service is friendly, and the place is buzzing all the time! Totally love this restaurant!!!!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Food is delicious but the service is very slow. We came in at 5pm on a Monday for dinner but got out at 6:30pm. Prepare to wait for your food for a very long time. Since I like their food very much, I tried to call ahead and do take-out instead. However, they do not answer their phones. This restaurant has good potential and could be making more revenue if they improve the service portion which is very important in restaurant business.

2  Thank WaikikiTdot