“Calamari heaven”

One Duke Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #238 of 1,227 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Oyster specials every day. Pork, beef, chicken, seafood and appetizers. Ongoing specials in FOOD & BEER/WINE/LIQUOR. Visit One Duke Web for menu & special details.
Banff, Canada
“Calamari heaven”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Had the opportunity to try the calamari! Was fresh and lightly dipped in seasoned flour and was cooked to perfection. Tasted like calamari should, not rubbery.
A bar with an outstanding food menu, try it, you'll like it!
:-)

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Tony B

Kitchener, Canada
“Flexable and quality bar”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stopped in for lunch on Saturday because were in a hurry. We were informed that they were still only serving Breakfast but we stayed anyway. However the server came up and said the chef was willing to do lunch items as well. The clam chowder I had was so good and them homemade spicy burger was the best burger I have ever tasted. Everyone else said there sandwiches and pizzas we great. We live in Kitchener but we will be back

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Richard R
Caledonia, Canada
“Great last minute pick!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We made the mistake of trying to get a table at the Black Forest Inn on a Saturday night- only to be told we would have an hour wait. Then we tried a pub, but it was full too.. We ended up at One Duke and what a great choice! It wasn't quite full when we arrived at 6:45 but seemed to be at seating capacity after 7. We had the fresh oysters which tasted so good. Also had the chicken parm- huge delicious portion- and fish tacos- they were pretty darn good. Also had our two small kids there and there was enough noise in restaurant that they didn't disrupt anyone's meal. We would definitely go again!

1 Thank EZtravlr
Frederick, Maryland
“unique food”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We arranged to meet someone here because it was easy to get to and prices were reasonable. None of us knew the city at all and we were a little apprehensive when we drove to the area of Hamilton, Ontario, where the restaurant is, thinking that we might decide to eat elsewhere. I looked, though, at the plate of food a woman had at the next table, looked at the menu and decided it might be pretty good. It was. I got french toast layered with slices of poached pears and cheddar cheese between each of the three thick pieces. If this restaurant was in my city, I would be eating there regularly. Breakfast, at least on Saturday, is the only meal served until 3pm, but I didn't, at 1pm, feel like I was eating breakfast food. They have a nice, fenced-in outdoor area so if you can go in pleasant weather, give it a try.

• Visited August 2013
Hamilton, Canada
“Undercooked food and a bunch of bad attitudes.”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Over the years I've realized One Duke is a patio to have a beer, not a place to enjoy food. Their food is consistently horrible, and even the most basic items such as a hamburger and fries are ill prepared and equally horrible. "Well done sirloin burger" was my order, and pink/grey ground meat filled with fat and grizzle is what was served to me beside a few soggy cold greasy french fries. How do you screw up a hamburger?

When I showed the server "Vanessa" she asked if I wanted something else, and I said "No thanks, I've lost my appetite" (after having taken a nice big bite of this raw hamburger, no kidding right) and off she goes. When the bill comes for two of us ($70) which included plenty of beer and appetizers, there is the uncooked hamburger, not removed from the bill. John and Vanessa refused to remove the burger! The burger which was returned, undercooked and thoroughly disgusting.

The service is sub standard. Off to Augusta street where I should have gone in the first place!

Once again, a total disappointment, this was your last chance. My friends, family and myself, will never go back to this dump to be treated like crap and served dangerous food.

• Visited July 2013