“Truly A Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We have been frequenting Shakespeare's Steak House since the late 70's and truly find it to be one of the finest places to dine anywhere. If you go do not be fooled by the outside, as in never judge a book by it's cover or a movie by it's title. The food is always excellent. Certainly we have never been disappointed and Shakespeare's Steak House has become the fav of everyone that we have sent there with no exceptions. Only one caveat, occasionally, one or two of the wait staff seem to forget you are there for periods of time if you go in twosomes so we would recommend setting the ground rules with them up front in terms of what you expect in service and I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

our favorite restaurant in Hamilton for over 20 years. The food is excellent, as is the service, which is attentive but not intrusive. They have a prix-fixe menu which is superb value and features a great seletion of fresh seafood and game. Also a really good wine list. The traditional starters of garlic bread, olives, pickles and feta cheese are amazing.

1  Thank Allan J
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This is a nice restaurant and the service is beyond excellent but it is definitely for an older crowd. It is very old-school decor and small. I didnt have the steak and while I am sure they are delicious as all the reviews say, I had chicken that was incredibly plain and could have easily made it myself for much less. My husband had the steak and said it was good. It was very expensive so perhaps this is a place for special occasions or a rare splurge. Also, they are not open late and were pushing for us to leave (very gently of course but nonetheless) at 10pm... we left around 11 and the place had long since closed. I know a lot of people that love Shakespeare's so I appreciate that it is well known, but it is just not for me.

1  Thank petzy1
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is an old English style spot which serves lots of steak and roast. It was a great place for a special celebration.

1  Thank Marilyn W
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Who could ask for anything more? Whether with friends, business or a romantice outing, this restaurant rates over the top. The food is excellent. my husband had oysters (yummy) and I had half a caesar with half an order of calamari. They start you off with garlic bread, olives, pickles and feta cheese. My husband ordered roast beef which he claimed to be the best yet and I had fresh pickerel with a side of olio and alio with rapini. They made it special as it wasn't on the menu. The service is terrific. They really care. And I loved the way they offered wine. Our server Peter brought 3 bottles to the table, told us about each, all reasonable and we picked one. Their desserts looked fabulous but we were too full. Franco, the owner came out and visited each table. His wife, Nicole, seated us when we arrived. This is a restaurant I will never get tired of. I highly recommend Shakespeare's for any occasion and please try to save room for their desserts. Excellent.

2  Thank Tanis351