“Wonderful food! Great service!”
Review of Purple Pear

Purple Pear
Ranked #97 of 1,227 Restaurants in Hamilton
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Menu prices listed on this site are subject to change.
Cambridge, Ontario
“Wonderful food! Great service!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We came here with a Groupon and were so impressed! The food was delicious, the presentation beautiful, and the service was perfect! We had the steak and salmon. Both were done to perfection, and the desserts are heavenly! The wine list, while not extensive, is reasonably priced, and offers something for everyone.

We will return for sure!

2 Thank Tombow

“Dinner for 2”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My wife and I walked over this restaurant which is located not very far from our house. I'm glad I made a reservation. It was A Saturday and we gold there, a little early there was only one other couple there, but within an hour the restaurant was full. I had a Caesar to start and my wife had the clams. The Caesar was good, but my wife's clams were excellent. There were so many I ending up helping her finish. My wife's mahi mahi was excellent as well. Done perfectly. I had the chicken parm with fettuccine. It was good, but a little too much white sauce for my liking. Service is excellent at this restaurant, plenty of service but not over bearing. The last time we were at this restaurant it was Martins, and the Purple Pear has been there 10 years now. It does have some traditional Martins menu items on the menu, prime rib and lobster and steak. Next time I will be giving the prime rib a try. Great restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Winkle2012
“Expected more”
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend, always drive by this restaurant and decided we would take my mom there for her birthday. Its a nice place but I have had better food else where. We order our food, appetizers were nice but our wait for our entre took forever, we waited at least an hour or more for it. When we finally got our food, i had asked for welldone lamb and it was dry, over cooked and a bit burnt. I tried my moms salmon she had order and it had no flavour. I make better fish then that anyways, I can say the staff was very nice but I was disappointed with the food. I dont think I would come back here.

2 Thank Gatita89
“Lovely”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have never been disappointed at the Purple Pear. We have had our staff Christmas dinner there several times and my Mothers 80th Birthday party there also-- very accommodating. Going tonight for my anniversary dinner!!

• Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant in Hamilton”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Purple Pear is the best place to eat in Hamilton. My husband and I have been going there for years. The owner is so nice and very good at his job. The food is excellent and the prices are comparable to a good steak house. We have never been disappointed with any meal there. They make you feel special every time you go there. We love it.

• Visited September 2013