“Good Food-Slow Service”
Review of Purple Pear

Purple Pear
Ranked #98 of 1,256 Restaurants in Hamilton
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Menu prices listed on this site are subject to change.
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We went recently as a party of ten.Service was extremely slow and my meal was further delayed when the Maui fish I ordered had to be returned because it was suppose to be filleted and the first bite I took produced 2 large bones.Also their imported beer prices are EXHORBERANT AT $11.00 for a Stella Artois.I am in my seventies and have never paid that much for a beer.Overall the meal was fine but I would't be in a hurry to return.

2  Thank Tiger154990
There are newer reviews for Purple Pear

Reviewed 6 May 2014

They are only open for dinner on Wednesday to Sunday evenings. So trying to arrange to go there was tricky.
It is not a big place and fills up quickly so a reservation is a must if you want to get in.
parking in the back or meters out front.
The food selection is a not huge but something for everyone.
The food is very very good.
The wine selection but limited but we found something we liked.
The real downside to the place is the location.
Although it is easily accessible, just not a great neighbourhood.
It is also a bit loud once it fills up.

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We came here with a Groupon and were so impressed! The food was delicious, the presentation beautiful, and the service was perfect! We had the steak and salmon. Both were done to perfection, and the desserts are heavenly! The wine list, while not extensive, is reasonably priced, and offers something for everyone.

We will return for sure!

2  Thank Tombow
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My wife and I walked over this restaurant which is located not very far from our house. I'm glad I made a reservation. It was A Saturday and we gold there, a little early there was only one other couple there, but within an hour the restaurant was full. I had a Caesar to start and my wife had the clams. The Caesar was good, but my wife's clams were excellent. There were so many I ending up helping her finish. My wife's mahi mahi was excellent as well. Done perfectly. I had the chicken parm with fettuccine. It was good, but a little too much white sauce for my liking. Service is excellent at this restaurant, plenty of service but not over bearing. The last time we were at this restaurant it was Martins, and the Purple Pear has been there 10 years now. It does have some traditional Martins menu items on the menu, prime rib and lobster and steak. Next time I will be giving the prime rib a try. Great restaurant.

2  Thank Winkle2012
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend, always drive by this restaurant and decided we would take my mom there for her birthday. Its a nice place but I have had better food else where. We order our food, appetizers were nice but our wait for our entre took forever, we waited at least an hour or more for it. When we finally got our food, i had asked for welldone lamb and it was dry, over cooked and a bit burnt. I tried my moms salmon she had order and it had no flavour. I make better fish then that anyways, I can say the staff was very nice but I was disappointed with the food. I dont think I would come back here.

2  Thank Gatita89