“Outstanding Italian Cuisine & Atmosphere that NEVER changes!”

Trocadero Restaurant
Ranked #121 of 1,227 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Burlington, Canada
“Outstanding Italian Cuisine & Atmosphere that NEVER changes!”
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

I've been going to the Trocadero Italian Restaurant since I was a little girl with my parents. It was always a treat then & still is, I'm in my mid 50's now. The interior has not changed which I Love! Family owned since 1944. If you do visit Hamilton you MUST visit The Trocadero! The Italian Cuisine is out of this world, the interior takes you back to simplier happy times & service is so friendly. You will be served by 3rd generation owner "Lois" & great her wonderful sidekick waiter "Tony"-they set the tone to a very relaxed dinner. You almost feel as if you were dining in their home. It fits the decor and just wait till you taste the tantalizing authentic Italian offerings. You may also enjoy wine,beer or cocktails with your meal @ a very reasonable price, their entrees are also very reasonable. We always start with the best bruschetta I've ever tasted & we have tried 100's of Italian Restaurants around the world. I like their simple authentic Italian salad to accompany it. Although they have a very nice selection of appetizers. They also always offer a variety of daily specials not found on their menu. The menu is not huge which I'm glad for.As I find it confusing enough to choose an entree. Everything is homemade, cooked to order & mouth watering by chef Anna whom has been behind the scenes for many years. She is one of the main reasons you will want to make this your weekly dining spot. You just can't get enough of the flavors & aromas that arrive through those swinging kitchen doors. I find it confusing to recommend a favorite. When I was younger my favorite standby was the lasagna & my parents always the spaghetti & meatballs. In fact those two dishes remained my parents favorite right up till their passing. I have so many years of really good memories at The Trocadero. For many years I was stuck on one favorite. As soon as Lois approached our table she would say "the usual Gail? " Of course - which meant the cheesy manicotti that would arrive bubbling hot drenched in their special homemade spaghetti sauce. Now my husband. ....this is the only resturant that I always order first & He's the confused one. He loves the tender veal but equally loves the seafood pasta....& they sure don't scrimp on the delectable tender seafood either. After much debating he will say "Lois, surprise me please? I can't decide & She NEVER disappointments! Lately my personal favorite is the vegetarian whole wheat pasta that I took a picture of. It melts in your mouth with just the proper equal amounts of veggies. A nice lite olive oil base with sun dried tomatoes, onions, garlic, olives & my favorite artichokes. My mouth is now watering just thinking about it. You will be sure to find your favorite dish & it will amaze you! It will keep you coming back for more. Just like me a 50 year customer! Oh, don't forget desert,always a good variety starting with their famous cheese cake but personally
I'm a gelato fan. The Trocadero does it right! With a variety of homemade gelato. If you order the gelato you will receive a plate with three demi tase bowls of three to die for delicious flavours. Last time we were there my husband & I shared this fantastic desert. Once we dug in we wondered why we hadn't ordered two orders.....it was delectable! We had Madagascar Vanilla, Double Rich Chocolate and the smooth tart Raspberry. What a great combination and a wonderful way to end a simply wonderful meal. My only complaint would be the hours. They close for the summer months. July, August & reopen mid September. September till the end of June they are only open Friday & Saturday nights 5:00-11:00. I recommend reservations if you can. This is definately a treat you don't want to miss.Once you step through the doors of The Trocadero you will be taken back to a simplier time when simple fresh ingredients made an extraordinarily delicious & unforgettable meal. This is definately one experience not to be missed you will not find anything like it anywhere. Enjoy!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank GJourney57

Stoney Creek, Ontario
“Terrifc as always”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We started with the charcuterie plate and bruschetta and we both had the veal parmesan. Everything was delicious. We had a Wagjag deal, which included the brushetta and the veal entrees, which also made the meal an unbelievable value given quality.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank April M
Hamilton, Canada
“my favourite Italian restaurant”
Reviewed 7 February 2011

I love the interior, just like an old movie scene. Don't change a thing. I had the traditional spaghetti and meatballs and I can still taste the sauce and the big meat balls. I was simply delicious other people in my group had other pastas and meats and also enjoyed it. We sat at a round table at the back. Near the front are these cool intimate and vintage booths, would make a memorable date. It's quiet inside with subdued lighting, conversations are kept to a low volume. It's quite a different dining experience, something I imagine like when dining out was a very special occasion and meant to be memorable and not rushed.

• Visited February 2011