“Could be alot better”

Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

We came here because we were craving Italian food, and because we heard they got their brew pub licence! The food was not really worth what we paid for. I could tell it wasn't the best ingredients. The wine was over priced, and the atmosphere was lacking in authentic Italian flair.
Now for the good.
Service wAs so good! The beer was outstanding. I would be back for the beer!

2  Thank 2travellersmeandyou

Reviewed 1 July 2013

My family has been going here for years because we know we'll get consistently good food. The place has also been spruced up recently with an interior renovation. Pastas and pizzas are very good; we've tried several different kinds but most reccently I had the tasty shrimp and scallop linguine, and my daughter swears by the fettucine alfredo. A favorite is the Valentino's salad (the large size easily does 4 of us for an appetizer) with a nice amount of vinaigrette. Also there's a great assortment of Italian desserts and gelato, and the pastries are excellent. Advice: no reservations are accepted after 5 on weekends, and it gets crowded. Expect to wait for a table between 5:30 and 8, unless you want to eat early or late.

1  Thank CrazyChenille
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We were seated along a back wall, and then waited 22 minutes for someone to notice us, or bring us a menu or ask about drinks. Then we left. I want this review to be impartial, so I won't describe how I felt upon leaving.

You can't run a restaurant with one server and a manager who seats people and then disappears. Especially not at lunchtime.

2  Thank Bill G
Reviewed 6 June 2013

First time here. Place was busy but no wait for table. Staff were very pleasant and attentive. Restaurant was nicely decorated and very clean with an nice atmosphere. Non alcohol drinks were quite reasonably priced for a restaurant, a rarity. Had the personal pan pizzas. Food was as hot as it should be and all the toppings were fresh. Kids stated " This pizza is hot( that the way it's supposed to be...)" The garlic bread was really good. Didnt have dessert but they had a good selection of real gelato. Bathrooms were clean.

2  Thank merquisez
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

What a disappointment. Valentino salad. Iceberg lettuce and chopped up maple leaf ham. Reminds me of Denny's.
good asparagus soup ( Italian?) stracciatella soup thin and bland. The bread was wonderful but not enough for a good review.

2  Thank Italianwannabe123