“Not Impressed”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I haven't been here in years, and when I did come I usually had the duck, which was always good.
We visited the restaurant on the weekend for dinner. I decided to have the Thai green curry with beef. The curry was a dark green colour, and didn't taste like a proper green curry. (I have eaten this dish many times in Thailand). It should be lighter in colour and not as sweet, and no it didn't taste at all like coconut milk. I don't think there was any coconut milk in the dish, which there should of been. The heat (spice) and beef were the only good things in the dish. I have never seen this dish with leeks. My friend had the vegetarian noodle dish and she had to order satay sauce on the side to jazz it up as it had no flavour (suppose to ginger and soy). Even the satay sauce didn't taste right. There was no hint of peanut in the sauce at all.

1  Thank 35CanuckGirl
There are newer reviews for Lemon Grass

Reviewed 3 August 2013

This is a wonderful little restaurant tucked away in a small local plaza. The cuisine is Thai and Vietnamese - no matter which you choose the food is excellent. The service is friendly and prompt. The meals are fresh and very tasty. We have had cashew chicken, orange chicken, duck, spring rolls and fish in batter - all excellent. The batter on the fish is very light, thin and crispy and the fish is perfectly done. The servings are generous and if you don't finish the meal they will be pleased to give you a take-home container. On weekend nights the restaurant is very popular, be prepared to wait a bit during peak time. Mondays and Tuesdays are easier to get seated right away. The decor is attractive and the restaurant itself is very clean. The meals are very reasonably priced. This is a hidden gem on the west Mountain of Hamilton. Once you go you will be back for more.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The food at this place is better than the garden variety thai/viet restaurant. The dishes I've really enjoyed have been: Pad Thai, Beef with Mixed Vegetables, Coconut Curry Shrimp, Peanut Chicken. Many of the dishes are luten free so if you are celiac or sensitive to gluten you can still have a good experience.

The portion size for lemon grass is quite good. 2 takeout dishes and rice are able to feed my family of 4 for a dinner which means we are dining for around 20$. The price for each dish varies from $8-$18 with the majority of dishing falling below $15.

I found the service to be a bit spotty sometimes especially when it gets really busy which is to be expected. Offers catering and quick take out option(takes about 20 mins).

Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

We went for lunch, and the service was quick and friendly. The food was amazing, the interior was nicely decorated and very clean.. We will go back and back and back......

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I agree with others. The food is tasty, the service fast, delicate, and courteous. Yes there are line-ups and don't think about parking right by the door. Arriving early and parking a few hundred meters from the front door is not a problem. We stop by after a long day when we don't feel like cooking, or just to go out during the week. Other times we order to take out. The prices are quite affordable and a superior alternative to fast food. Love it!