“A GEM in the heart of Waterdown” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Canadian, Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Waterdown, Canada
“A GEM in the heart of Waterdown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

We are so lucky to be living close to such a wonderful family owned restaurant. It's been in the area for something like 25 years+. We feel like it's such a treat when my husband and I go there. The service is outstanding, everyone serving you is in tuxedos. The ambiance is wonderful, it's got a a great old feel to it that's priceless nowadays. We always order the cesar salad for 2, best cesar salad we've ever had, made from scratch at your table. We usually order the rib eye steak, to die for, cooked to perfection. The bread, feta and olives and pickles brought to your table while you wait for your food is so good. Prices are no more expensive than what you'd pay at say the keg, but you get a far better experience and food at Lord Byron. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Nannouse24

• Arabic first
Hamilton, Canada
“A must experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

I would like to start off to say hats off to the owners and staff at Lord Byron in Waterdown.
I had never been there before and I can tell you that we won't be strangers anymore. They new us before we even got there. Now that is service.
My husband and are plus size people and they made us right at home lots of room between tables and seating at the table.
First I would like to suggest the cesar salad for 2...yes it is $22.00 but the experience of having it made table side right from scratch and I mean from scratch it all starts with just a well seasoned bowl and turns into an amazing cesar salad at the end plated and dressed. Can not get any fresher than that. We continued on with soup, garlic vegetable which was seasoned perfectly. I can say that we were not rushed in any means between courses.
On came the main course.
The steaks were done to perfection just the way we ordered them. After we were sitting waiting for our dessert which again is to die for we saw the server do a flambe filet which again was made for them at their table. Another experience worth the visit. I will be back to try that one for sure.
All around this is a must see must try restaurant. If you haven't yet tried them please make a reservation today you will not be disappointed.

Jodi and Nick Penfold, Hamilton Ontario

• Visited November 2012
5 Thank cre8asmile
Hamilton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

First, let me start by stating that I am a trained chef who also has 12 years of serving/bartending experience... I took my fiancée out for his birthday dinner there this evening. We were greeted with a friendly reception by Agamemnon--coolest name EVER--who knew who we were from our reservation. We ordered drinks and were given a small relish platter (pickles, black olives and feta) and a basket of yummy sesame garlic bread.

If you are going to dine here, you have to try the Caesar salad for two, prepared table side... but be warned--you must also LOVE garlic ;)..... I ordered the chicken parm with baked potato, my fiancee--being a burly 6 foot 9 inch Serbian--ordered the Château Briande for 2--also prepared table side. It was a treat to see this old school style of service being preserved, and be prepared as we were, this IS an old school style restaurant, and dress accordingly.

My dish was average, we were both impressed by his. I had a raspberry/chocolate tartufo and Irish coffee for dessert--if you are going to treat yourself--go the extra mile and get a dessert coffee, worth EVERY penny. It was warm, FULL of alcohol and, again, prepared table side. Being a veteran in the hospitality industry, I have had many Irish coffees in many different places, and this, BY FAR, takes the cake!!

Our bill with dinner for essentially 3, lol, 3 premium cocktails, 2 Stella's, dessert, and dessert coffee, came to about $220... We knew we were coming here so we signed up for their $25 birthday/anniversary gift cerficate reward... All in I left $265 and felt it was worth every penny.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank AllisonC491
St. John's, Canada
“Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

We visited this restaurant during the 2012 Canadian Open. We were greeted by a gentleman wearing a tux and quire disturbed by me husbands lack of jacket, although the website did not list any dress requirement. I expected much more given the attitude. It was good, certainly not outstanding. Had mushroom soup, which was tasty. Then salmon, which was grossly overcooked and thus too dry to enjoy. Not to mention the layer of oil underneath! Others at the table had steaks, which were also good, but of Keg quality. Dessert selection was extremely poor.The service was not reflective of the snooty attitude, for sure. Small adjustments would make this a decent place, but I would have to say skip it!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank omcwilliam
Waterdown, Canada
“Service the way it is supposed to be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

This was actually our fourth visit to The Lord Byron and we are always impressed with the level of service and quality of the food. Yes you will pay a premium for this. However for a special occasion or just to spoil yourself it is most definitely worthwhile. The Caeser salad is prepared table side in the traditional method and will not disappoint and serves two. (You must enjoy garlic :)) On this visit we had the Lord Byron filet which was cooked perfectly to order and the most tender beef I have had in a long time. Served with baked potato and broccoli and cauliflower. Soup of the day was available but we declined as the garlic bread and plate of olives, feta and pickles really left no room for it. A must for a first visit is the Lord Byron Coffee and can be really considered a dessert. This is also prepared tableside with flourish and a little showmanship as flaming liquor is tranferred to your glass. This is a good time to appreciate the decor if you have not already done so. The dark high gloss planked and vaulted ceiling, the large stone fireplace etc. So we will certainly return for our fifth visit in the near future.

• Visited July 2012