“EAT HERE!”

Neighbourhood: Downtown Kingston
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“EAT HERE!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

people not liking the food here are disallusional - food is fast, fresh and fiery (if you want). excellent prices too!

• Visited July 2013

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst restaurant I have eaten at in Kingston”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This was the single worst restaurant I have ever eaten at. The food was horrible, the taco was disgusting and liquidy. I almost threw up because of it.

• Visited October 2012
Kingston, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Have eaten here 2 times a week for last 2 years.”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

This place was one of the best finds for fast food i have ever made. I am cab driver and i try to find fast food that is somewhat healthy and cheap. The owner cooks it right in front of you and is very friendly. Im not sure how authentic it is but for 6 or 7 bucks i can get a wrap that is somewhat healthy and get it extra spicy and be full. This is real food that is not full of crap like most chain places. I give highest rating. Do not be fooled buy the looks of the place.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank p B
Kingston, Canada
“May need another few tries to get it”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

The two attempts at getting "authentic" Mexican food failed for me-- possibly the worst burritos and tacos I've ever had. I understand the Indian offerings are better so I will try this next time. I know others love this place, but I've had bad luck.

• Visited July 2012
Mid-state NY
“An Indexican Restaurant? Wow!”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

On the advice of a Kingstonian whose tastes I very much respect, ordered take-out from El Asador last Friday. It features Mexican and Indian menu items, an unusal combination.

I had the Lamb Vindaloo, my friend ordered the Chicken Korma. Both were entrees, as opposed to the cheaper wrap alternatives. We also had two orders of the palatha indian flat bread. When we got home mango chutney became an absolutely perfect complement to a quite spicey by still very enjoyable lamb vindaloo. It was a delight! So was the chicken korma.

I would have to say this Vindaloo rivaled the much more expensive Curry Original version which I've had a number of times, but at about 20% of the cost!

At one point in my life I was on a no-questions-asked expense account. So within reason, I went to a variety of restaurants all over the world. The rule of thumb in terms of how well they rated always was, "Would you spend your own money there?" El Asador easily glides over that hurdle!

We plan to return to El Asador to explore the rest of the menu, and look forward to this bifurcated culinary grazing with great pleasure and anticipation. As Rachel Rae would say, "Yummo!"

• Visited January 2013