“Convenient and modern!”

Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
London, Canada
“Convenient and modern!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is a very convenient hotel just off Highway 401. There are many eateries within walking distance. The hotel is clean and modern and the room is a decent size with a lovely bathroom, lots of towels and Bath and Body Works toiletries. The TV wasn't the best and we were disappointed that the pool/hot tub weren't available (especially since that was one of the main reasons we booked this hotel). The staff was very pleasant and the breakfast (included) was awesome with a great selection of items and good coffee!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Alexandria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

This hotel is awful for sports teams!! First of all, instead of putting the entire team on the same floor so that our 10 year old kids wouldn't disturb other guests (something other hotels have figured out long ago!!!), they put us on 3 different floors!! Our kids tried to play mini sticks at one end of the hall at 5 in the afternoon and their sticks were immediately taken away from them, no warnings!!! Kids couldn`t get them back until checkout! The kids were not allowed to even sit quietly in the hallway to play with their Ipods. In the evening, the parents asked for a private room in the main lobby so we didn`t disturb the other guests! Well, the front desk attendant taught we were too loud for her and kicked us out of there, without a single guest room in sight of us! We normally stay at 5-6 hotels per year for sports tournaments and have done so for the past 4 years. Never have we seen an hotel so not accommodating for a sports team! Never again there and sports teams.....keep away `cause you`ll regret it!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for your comments. We at the hotel strive to ensure all guest have a quiet and restful stay. To enable this we make policies and decisions as to best accommodate all guests in the hotel not one specific group. While I can appreciate the children like to play mini stick hockey in hallways it creates noise and has in the past resulted in damage to the property. Therefore it cannot be allowed as we expressed to everyone upon check in and on the terms and conditions forms signed on arrival. We do have our Great Room in which people can gather and interact in cordial manner. However, this is not a licensed or private area so no alcohol is permitted under any circumstance as governed by Ontario Law.

We appreciate the sports business we receive as we appreciate all the business that we receive. The weekend you were here we had 3 teams staying with us, and 2 teams found their stays quite enjoyable.

If you have any other suggestions I would be please to hear them, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.
Guelph ON Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Sunday December 29th, 2013. Was very impressed by the cleanliness and overall condition of the property. Our room was large, spotless, and had a comfortable King Sized bed. I arrived early and the nice lady at the front desk allowed me into the room at 12 noon. The location is about a minute off Highway 401, and there were tons of restaurants and amenities near by. We didn't have a chance to try the indoor pool, but did take advantage of the free WiFi and breakfast.

Great value for the money too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Todd D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this review, 23 September 2015

Todd D.
Guest Service Manager
Brechin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

Nice rooms staff was great at booking and check in i booked room for my niece coming home from Montreal she was at her moms funeral with her children and was so tired she had to stop for night staff was excellent looking after her when she stoped

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

i will stay here again. i stayed here with my fiance in the summer for a job interview in kingston. after staying at the marriot across the street, i wanted to try somewhere new because i was disappointed in the marriot.
the staff were very friendly and the location is excellent. it's just off the 401 and just north of the downtown core. it's across from a denny's, and a gas station, tim ho's, shopper's, starbucks, etc... anything you could need really...

when we stayed here the fire alarm went off very early in the morning (apparently it was some kids messing around). this was an inconvenience (as you could imagine my nerves right before my job interview), but it was resolved rather quickly. kudos to the staff for being calm, cool and collected in coordinating guests outside! i thought that maybe all guests would receive a discount or something like that on their stay, but we didn't (what can i say, i love free stuff).

this hotel also let us check out a bit later to accommodate my job interview time.... much appreciated!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Ingleside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

everything about this place was great. Super clean, friendly staff. nice pool area and super yummy included breakfast was fantastic for you small girls as they could choose just a little bit of a few different things to try. Fantastic!

Room Tip: we requested a room on the main floor near the pool and they did not have one. by the time we reache...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Nova Scotia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have started a new job working as a recruiter for a university. This was my first travel experience in my new job and I was quite impressed! The hotel staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I have an IHG points card, but didn't know my number. The lady at the desk was more than willing to look it up for me. Whenever I entered the lobby the desk staff would smile and offer friendly hellos. The called me in my room upon check-in to ensure everything was alright. The simple, small gestures like this really can set-apart a hotel. I really appreciated the friendliness and the cleanliness. As this was my first business trip I was super excited about my king size bed! The breakfast was your average continental breakfast, nothing to brag about, but nothing to complain about. Location was fairly far from downtown Kingston, but close to the highway. Depending on your reason for staying in Kingston this hotel may or may not be the best location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Brian K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for your postive comments; congratulations on your new job and hope that there are many more Holiday Inn travel experiences in your future.