“Great place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had four nights here as part of our tour of Eastern Canada. Check in was easy and the girls on reception were very friendly and helpful. Our room on the fifth floor was at the front overlooking the shopping area and was a lovely room with all mod cons inc fridge and microwave. Breakfast has a hot offering with variations on eggs sausage and bacon as well as the usual cereals, toast, oh and a super automatic pancake maker - very cool! All in all a great stay and we would stay here again

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bozzybear
Brian K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for writing your review. I am glad you found the staff so friendly, and the accomodations so comfortable. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Never disappointed in any Holiday Inn Express as they are always clean, modern and staff are friendly. HI Express located off Division St and close to restaurants, shopping and right beside 401. It's 10-15 minutes to scenic downtown by car if interested. Pool area was immaculate as well as rooms. Breakfast was well stocked and staff were polite and accomodating. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Pool and breakfast on first level. If staying with kids it's super convenient to stay in first...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ballagher
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed for the weekend at this location. We have stayed here several times before, over the past 7 years off and on. The room we were given was not clean. It smelled extremely stale and musty. I went to the front desk ASAP and asked if this was a 'run down' room or what was going on. They sent a nice girl up to spray an air freshener and I must say that it did help. However, almost everything in the room was covered in dust! From the fridge to the faucet in the bathroom, it just had not been dusted in quite some time I would say! I mentioned this to the front desk person, and he looked at me like I had three heads. I was expecting MUCH more from a HIEX! The second day we were there, after the housekeeper had been in, we returned to find a half empty bottle of vitamin water on our bathroom vanity. The pillows were just tossed on the one bed.....no pillow slips! The slips were there, but clearly the housekeeper had been distracted and just forgot to finish the room. We had about half the amount of towels that you are supposed to have and no shampoo, conditioner, lotion was replaced. I get it that people forget....we all do. What was super annoying was that I went back to the front desk, explained this and asked if someone had been in our room (other than housekeeping) because it was kind of creepy. Again, the same guy gave me a disgusted look. No apology. He made me feel like I was a total nuisance. Certainly not the kind of guest services that I expect from a HIEX. The elevators were not clean. The carpets in the hall on our floor were awful. Not sure if this hotel just needs a makeover in order to continue to carry the HIEX brand on it, or if there is a problem with staff or what. All I know is I will return to another hotel in Kingston, as I go to Kingston frequently. I want to know what I will be getting. That is one of the main reasons people go to HIEX. I also go to Hampton Inns, as they are so similar. I just stayed in the Hampton Inn in another city a few weeks ago and it knocked this place out of the park, on every level. I was really surprised. I have written a few reviews on here, and I believe that they have all been very positive, because you get what you deserve. I am the first one to give credit when a job is well done. Unfortunately, there was nothing deserving of praise for this stay! Too bad....because I normally really like this hotel brand. Kingston has changed my mind on HIEX though. :(

Room Tip: Ask for one that has actually been cleaned maybe. lol
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

I am sorry to hear of your experience during your latest stay with us, clearly this is not typical of our location and would appreciate it if you could reach out to me to help find a suitable resolution so that we may re-establish your faith in the Holiday Inn Express brand.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed here with our son's hockey team and were very happy with our stay.

The front desk service was professional and courteous, our room was very clean, spacious, and comfortable, and the included breakfast was great - far more than your usual hotel breakfast. It included scrambled eggs, pancakes, bagels, cereal, sausage... lots to fill your belly in the morning.

Great stay.

Our only complaint would be that the price was a little high for a "special" team package ($139/night), but still happy with the overall experience.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Arrive to good welcome, lovely front desk reception. Room was clean and beds comfortable. A bit disappointing that the "hot" tub was anything but. The pool was the same temperature as the hot tub. There was a notice that they were having trouble with it, but that did not help, as we book hotel that had "HOT" tub and pool. My aching arthritic legs did not do well in the cool temps.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for your comments, we are glad you enjoyed almost everything with your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again and we can be completely successful in making everything perfect for your stay.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Newly renovated, clean, comfortable bed (had a king). Complimentary breakfast was great! Worked for vegetarians and meat eaters alike. Staff was very friendly. Choose a room at the back (near 401) since it's surprisingly quieter. Only downside was the very loud vent in the hall by room 201. Location is not near the city centre but the 45+ minute walk wasn't bad (would be even better in summer). And it's a quick 10 minute drive. Conservation area, outlet shopping, and big box stores very close by but you need to go into the city for a quality meal.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple