“Great place to stay in Kingston, short drive from downtown area.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Stayed here for an overnight trip to Kingston. Walking distance to drug store and several fast food places. It's a short drive into downtown Kingston. Very clean and new.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 January 2011

we were very impressed and would stay again, We had a hockey tournament with a bunch of teenage boys and we were very much looked after. The service was great. The breakfast was great...happy that the boys left some for the parents!! The hotel was very nice after all it was very new only 17 months old. The rooms were well decorated and were very clean. it was a bonus having a fridge and microwave in the room. We would very much recommend this hotel. Comfy beds. Lots of places to eat close by and some new outlet stores too. Very close to the 401...very convenient. The only complaint is that the chlorine level was high in the pool area and the kids and parents felt their eyes water from the levels... that's it. Would stay again

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2010

Have stayed at this new hotel a few times. I was pleasantly surprised to be given a complimentary upgrade to a suite for my stay. The rooms are spacious and clean, the staff were wonderful. The only complaint I have is the lighting in the bathroom and the water pressure in the shower. All rooms come with a fridge which is wonderful and a microwave. Free parking and a decent breakfast included.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2010

I found this hotel to be absolutely fine but nothing to write home about. It is clean and quiet, with an adequate complimentary continental breakfast. At my discounted rate of $97/night, the hotel was a fairly good deal, however, I think the regular rate of about $30 more per night is a bit steep (though this seems to be true of Kingston hotels, in general). Something that bothered me was the fact that the hotel tried tried to charge me $10 more than the confirmed rate per night for each of my three rooms. Only after I pressed the issue with the manager, was I given the rate that was printed on my confirmation. I was in town for a four day event at the HP Pavillion and if I had to do this trip over, I'd choose a hotel in the downtown area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights with our 8mth old daughter. The suite set up was perfect as it allowed us to put our daughter to bed in the provided crib in the sitting/living area and not be worried about waking her if we had the tv/lights on in the bedroom area. The room was nice & clean, so I had no problem letting my daughter play on the floor - whereas at other hotels, when I have done the same, she's ended up with dirt marks on her pants and hands from crawling around! The mini kitchenette was perfect for storing food & milk for our daughter, as well as snacks for ourselves. We'll definitely go back again!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2010

We had 3 rooms booked for a family reunion weekend. I was surprised to find that there is no bar or lounge in this hotel. After our dinner, we came back to our hotel and thought we could sit around a lounge and have a drink and share but no lounge or bar. We ended up in one of our rooms. It was ok but sat amoungst the luggage etc. Staff were very nice. Fresh apples out on tables in lobby and newspapers........ breakfast was ok but nothing great. I personally thought it was very expensive..... 153.00 for the room...including the tax thought we might get a discount when we booked three rooms but didn't. The hotel was full and lots of teenage boys eating all the food at breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2010

This hotel was excellent. It was very clean and comfortable. The king-sized bed was wonderful! The men at the front desk were very helpful in pointing us to the best local sights to see, restaurants, and directions to get there. The breakfast was excellent!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple