“Not bad for the price”

Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Minden, Canada
“Not bad for the price”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed here in mid January for our daughter's curling competition.
The location was great. Close to where we wanted to go and to
shopping. The rooms were clean. The breakfast was good as
well. Not a lot of options, but still quite nice. I know you get what you
pay for, but we did miss have a coffee pot in our room. Also only a
couple of plastic glasses for drinks. I found the hallways very cold
and they smelled like smoke (we did have a non smoking room).
But for the price and only one night stay, it suited our needs.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank teed43

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed here for Saturday night of homecoming. Our goal was really just to find an affordable (not the 300$ everyone else was charging homecoming weekend) place to lay our heads within walking distance of Queen's and downtown. I have previously tried the Super 8 and quickly decided to try anything else. We got the Econo Lodge for about the same price, but the quality was worlds above.

Lots of free parking on weekends (although I understand there may be less on week days). Hotel room was a decent size and nicely appointed. Only 3 pillows for a King sized bed, but the bed was comfy if not amazing and everything was nice and clean. Carpets were fresh and bathroom was well scrubbed. Towels were a little small but clean. Overall it was a solid 3 star hotel. Everything worked well (tv, wifi etc) and staff were very friendly. There was also a desk and very comfy chair to sit on.

The hotel is a 20-25 minute walk down to the waterfront/ core of downtown, but it's a pleasant stroll or cheap cab ride. There is also a Tim Hortons, LCBO and Giant Tiger very close by.
This is definitely the best deal of the "downtown" Kingston hotels. You will likely pay at least twice the price to find anything better outside of the B&Bs.

We didn't try the breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathleen M
Pembroke, Canada
Reviewed 4 October 2013

When Hotwire gave me Econo Lodge, I have to admit, at first I wasn't thrilled. However, after spending a night there, the very friendly staff and owners made me glad I did. They were very accommodating and seeing as it's a small hotel, you felt known and cared for. For example, I made a special request to stay past check in and they were instantly obliging with no extra charge.
The hotel is on the main strip in Kingston and easy access to everything. The rooms were clean and functional, bed was comfortable. Breakfast was buffet and enough choices.
And the price was right!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank fvzmh
Berry, NSWl
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed one night only. The room was large and clean and the bathroom adequate. The corridor smelled of cigarette smoke even though the motel was supposed to be non-smoking. We were in the room the minimal amount of time.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RapBerry_NSWl
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Econo Lodge is a pleasant hotel in Kingston. The people are amazing, the service is great. For breakfast, you would have a large variety of food, even waffles ! The rooms are spacious, very clean as the cleaning service is done on a daily basis. Whether you are visiting Kingston with your friend and family or by yourself, you will find this hotel very convenient: a supermarket is located just in front of it, there are places where you could have good food around and it is not very far from Downtown or Queen's University Main Campus. The rates are very reasonable. I had a wonderful experience in Econo Lodge and it felt like home. I will strongly recommend this hotel if you are thinking of visiting a couple of days Kingston.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Ibtissam M
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed 4 days and it was nice. It is cheap so don't expect too much. Everything worked fine i had no problems with the wi-fi, television or light. They renovated the rooms so it was confortable. The A/C worked good and the bed was very big and cousy. The poeple on the front desk were very friendly and patient.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank David G
Ottawa
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This was the cheapest hotel in Kingston which was a stop over for the night. It was satisfactory because I was only sleeping there but had I expected more I would have been disappointed. The television didn't work, could not connect to wi-fi and I had to plug in all of the lights myself. The bed frame had a metal catch that was sticking out of the frame and was not flush to the bed. It could be dangerous. They also put a fifty dollar security fee on my credit card which I have not heard of before. The woman checking in was very friendly and quite pleasant. The woman checking ougt was not so pleasant. The bed was nice and comfortable which was all that mattered to me that night. Don't know if I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends