“Do choose a renovated room”

Knights Inn Kingston
Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We chose a room that was newly renovated, and it was lovely. All new fixtures and comfortable beds.

The room itself is a four, but this motel is undergoing renovation and other rooms are less desirable than the new ones.

Amenities are lacking, no pool, and continental breakfast is a superstore muffin.

I give this place a four because the renovated room was great, they had availability on a busy weekend, and they are pet friendly. Older rooms are likely less desirable, and we would have preferred a downtown location, but our experience was good.

Room Tip: Choose a renovated room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Kingston

Reviewed 25 April 2013

worst experience smoking or non smoking room..claim to be the cleanest place in Kingston Ontario. It has not been cleaned for years. pull the curtain and u see allot of spiders crawling and webs everywhere. The shower was black and yellow. There was blood stains almost everywhere on the floor bathroom towels carpet. They claim to serve breakfast but it was only coffee from a old unclean machine.bed sheets have burns and tics. There was a computer chair that was so disgusting it was filled with dry semen .there was syringes residue in the drawers. the place was so dirty i had to sleep in my jacket and jeans. Service was terrible had to wait hours for help. Agreed on a refund on the next stay but ended up being scammed the next morning saying it was a joke. They wanted us to pay 100$ extra for a working TV.

Room Tip: for around 30$ extra at econo lodge u can get great service and a clean room
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank s e
Reviewed 21 April 2013

This place.. WAS TERRIBLE. I was here for a basketball tournament. I got one of what I believe was the best rooms in the hotel. My bathroom had a window and a curtain. I pull the curtain up and I see ants and I see sand and dust. It has not been cleaned for way too long. I go take a shower, the shower head is old and it hardly works. I started to take a shower and a few minutes later, the water turns cold and I have to stop the shower. Their "breakfast" was a muffin and coffee. When the juice ran out, they never refilled it, even when someone was there. We waited 10 minutes to ask someone to refill it (since no one was there at the time) and they said no. So, I say.. oh well. I go back to my room and turn on the T.V. The channels are scrambled, the internet is too weak, and I only get 6 channels. My room was also very dark. The worst part hasn't even started yet. We basically got scammed. In January, our manager booked the rooms for us, $69 each. When we got there in APRIL, they charged us an extra $20. And then, that's not even the worst part. So we ask for a refund of our $20. The next morning, they call us at 8:30 in the morning and tell us "Okay, we'll give you a refund." and then we go to the front desk and they tell us it was a prank call from them. We've had better quality at Days Inn. I highly do not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't come here. But if you do, choose room 102 or 105. They have great lighting, great sinks...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Shelden C
Reviewed 10 April 2013

There are cheap motels, there are terrible motels and then there is Knights Inn Kingston which is terrible without being cheap.
In fact it's a rip off.

You'd better off sleeping in your car than getting in this place.

Our non smoking room smelled like a smokers gang had just left the room, it was dirty, the bathroom looked like a Russian jail's and the TV was not working.

Bring 2 boxes of Clorox wipes if you insist on going there.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Oceanik
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I cannot even give this hotel a rating. The room was dirty, bath tub was black and sink had burn holes.
There was a roach found by the television, opened a drawer and a drink had been spillled and never wiped out.
The carpets where was so dirty that we couldn't take off our boots. With taking all this disgust in....how would a person trust the sheets and bed!
We went and rang for someone at the office....and where told take it or leave it.
Well needless to say we left and didn't get our money back.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Katie M
Reviewed 26 January 2013

staff was very helpful. the mattress was very comfortable. i remember the front desk told told me its was simmons beauty rest beds when i check in. the washroom was also renovated as well modern decor in the rooms. they also had samsumg 40 inch flat smart tv. internet worked great too which i used on smart tv. had a amazing experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Our Company made a couple of hotel reservations for a couple of our employees online at this property. When they showed up in a taxi at the hotel they mentioned to us that they did not feel safe staying at this property due to drug activity on the premises. I called the hotel and attempted to cancel the rooms. The person I spoke to was belligerent, rude and told me that he would not cancel the rooms. I told him that I would happily pay for the first night’s stay as I was attempting to cancel the rooms after their stated cancellation of 4pm same day. He told me that he had already charged the credit card we left on file for the entire original stay of 2 rooms for 5 nights. He swore at me and wished me luck trying to get my money back when I told him I was going to dispute the charges. This is probably the worst customer service I have encountered and would not recommend this property to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business