“She cooked yummy pancakes for us”

The O'Brien House Bed and Breakfast
The O'Brien House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 22 Kingston B&B and Inns
Genoa, Italy
“She cooked yummy pancakes for us”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Mrs O Brien is the most kind and sweet person ever met in Canada.
Rooms are big and clean, the bed is confortable and as written from another guest, there is a big choice of towels and beverages outside the room. The shared bathroom has no window, anyway is clean. We had the desire to eat pancakes w/maple syrup and she waked up early in the morning to cooked them and they were really lovely!! yummy; we felt like at home.
Elisa qnd Biscotta

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends

Business
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2010

My husband and I have both taken a liking to staying in bed and breakfasts when we travel now as we love the homey feeling. The O'Brien Bed and Breakfast did not disappoint us in any way. The home was in impecable condition when we arrived and our room surpassed my expectations. It was beautifully clean and well kept and I felt at home immediately. There was no lack of extra towels and toilletries and even unlimited tea, water, juice and cookies were provided right outside our door. The wonderful hostess, who has been in the business for years, was warm and friendly and you can tell she really loves her job and having travellers come and stay with her. I was extremely impressed when we told her of my husband's food allergy, as he has celiac disease (an allergy to wheat, oats, rye and barley), and she made two delicious breakfasts that were 100% gluten friendly for him. I would stay here again in a heartbeat when we are back in the Kingston area!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 2 January 2010

I stayed at O'Brien House for one night over the Christmas holidays. I was the only guest. Mary was very welcoming along with her pug Buster. The location was very convenient to family I was visiting, a ten minute drive to downtown. Parking was right at the front. The house is very nice. Guest rooms are in the lower level. I stayed in the King room with ensuite bath and fireplace. Very large and nicely furnished, with good linens and pillows. Would also suit a couple with a child on the daybed. Egyptian cotton towels. Large bath with tub and shower. Breakfast was excellent with fresh fruit, tasty waffles and good coffee. Teas, water, fridge available outside of room. Rates are very reasonable.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
Nancy
Reviewed 16 July 2009

Please don't go to this place ! Especially with kids ! We stayed one night in July 2009 and it was a nightmare ! Mary is a very kind person but the rooms (in the basement) were very dirty and noisy (the railway is very close) . We stayed with three kids and we had no choice to stay there because we arrived very lately. The dog smell was everywhere and even the towels were dirty. The floor : no description for it.
Only if you can't afford an other B&B ! Anne (Belgium & France)

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Claire007Nancy
obrienbb, owner at The O'Brien House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 December 2009
A returning guest pointed out this review and couldn't understand the comments about my house as she has been to several bed and breakfasts and she said mine was the best one she has ever been at. I myself am very particular and make sure everything is perfect, I even change my shower curtain after each guest which my helper who cleans for other high end bed and breakfast says does not. I have quite a lot of guest that return from year to year.