Bayside Inn & Waterfront Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$328
US$284
  • Breakfast included
US$211
US$204
  • Pool
Lord Nelson Motel(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$194
US$170
US$154
US$149
  • Pool
Super 8 Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$117
US$113
US$65
Travelocity
All reviewstim hortonslate arrivalthorough cleaninggas stationlight sleeperking suitekingston areawaterfrontsprucingbistrohairdryerdowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I stayed here for a week on business. Very clean, newly renovated rooms, friendly staff. The only downside was the trains passing across the street. The lady offered me earplugs and I hardly heard them at night. Overall great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
roxy611, General Manager at Bayside Inn & Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Hi,

I am glad to know you found our complimentary signature earplugs useful during your stay with us. There are a number of hotels in Kingston where guests continually experience noise issues, some controllable and others not so. Trust me, we are doing our level best to ensure every guest has the best comfort and sleep possible at our hotel.

You will be glad to know that we are slowly revamping the place to make your experience even better the next time you visit us. By this spring, we will complete the launch of our new bedding system, luxurious bathrobes,and waterfront fireplace suites.

Once again, thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon.

Roxanne Rehman

Reviewed 16 April 2013

The lady running this place is extremely nice and friendly. The view is very nice. There are trains running all night long, so if you read the reviews you are fore warned. The rooms are comfortable and the suites are big. The only negative I have is they need to sweep under the beds. However they try. It may be difficult with high turnover, but the beds do move. There were spiders and cobwebs in the room. Beds were okay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Hi,
We appreciate the time you've taken to give feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. We are glad our staff made your stay with us as homely as possible. Aside from the positive views, lets review two negative points you raised because they are very important.

The first issue being noise from the train. I am sorry to hear that it caused you disturbance. Should you visit us again in the future, please mention to the front desk for requesting a quieter room near the south end of the property. Alternatively, should a quieter room not be available, you will feel no noise disturbance from our complimentary signature earplugs provided by the front desk. There are a number of hotels in Kingston where guests continually experience noise issues, some controllable and others not so. Trust me, we are doing our level best to ensure every guest has the best comfort and sleep possible at our hotel.

There is no doubt a high turnover to deal with a small hotel as you mentioned. But you will be glad to know that we are slowly revamping the place to make your experience even better the next time you visit us. By this spring, we will complete the launch of our new bedding system, luxurious bathrobes,and waterfront fireplace suites.

For the second issue, you mentioned sweeping under the beds and the beds moving. Our rooms are always cleaned thoroughly when cleaning is performed, however, when rooms have not been rented for some days, dirt can build up. So our standard of cleaning is not due to the high turnover of the business. I will still raise this cleaning point with the cleaning staff. As for the beds moving, I am currently resolving this as we speak so it never happens again.

Once again, thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon.

Roxanne Rehman

Reviewed 4 April 2013

This property definetly needs a facelift from its outside appearence no doubt. Yet, we noticed renos happening while pulling into the hotel which was surely a plus point. While checking into the hotel we expected an older,typical motel-type place but that was no where close to what this place really was. It was absolutely impressive the moment we checked in. A very nice lady greeted us with a big welcome smile and showed us the jacuuzi suite which was the only room available at the time. She mentioned they are doing some big facelifts to the place and will be adding more amenities this spring. A nice thing to know.
Glady we picked this room because it was perfect and the price super! Not anything like we had originally expected. The jacuuzi suite was an amazing experience, comfortable and with all the soaps, shampoos and vaseline lotion for us to use. We will most surely return to this hotel the next time we are in the area and would love to try out their new amenities in the future.

Room Tip: Jacuuzi suite!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Based on a friend's refferal, I booked this hotel on this easter weekend. As he mentioned, the location was absolutely beautiful and it was. The place had a cottage-like feel which was really nice especially as the weather is starting to get better. It was a smaller hotel than I had imagined but the room was very clean and cozy. You get a nice view of the lake from the room from your bed. Plus, everything in the room seemed new, including the mattress on which i had a great night's sleep. Coffee in the morning was a great way to start my day back home. Altogether a very good stay and would rate it 8/10.

Room Tip: Book the waterfront rooms on the top floors with private balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2013

First of all let me point out: THERE WERE NO NOISE ISSUES AT THIS HOTEL. Before booking this place, I saw a few reviews of noisiness stemming from the train next room. So I was a bit worried about that at first because I was in the city for work but then I thought I should give the little guy a chance and call to confirm everything. The lady on the phone was very polite and honest. She explained that a train does goes by a few hotels in the city but there's nothing to worry about noise as they can accommodate me in the south end of the property. So when i booked my stay and arrived i was surprised how pleasant it was. Rooms were absolutely beautiful and most importantly spotless! The rooms had everything you can expect in a chain hotel. But i would like to say that comfort was the best thing I liked about it. They had pillowtop mattresses and plenty of pillows. How did I get this room for $79 I don't know. It definetly beats the deal of all the chain hotels in the city I called. So I highly reccommed it.

P.S. This hotel would be even better if it served breakfast. Just my opinion

Room Tip: Book the south end of property if noise bothers you
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business