“Overnight stay while visiting relatives”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Kingston

Motel 6 Kingston
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Brockville, Canada
“Overnight stay while visiting relatives”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

This is a very nice little place located conveniently off the 401 highway. It was my first time here and upon check-in the front desk reception seemed to know who I was when I said I had a reservation. It was late, and I may have been the last to check-in with a reservation but I liked that anyway.

The common areas were clean and the place smelled very fresh. Nothing worse than walking into a hotel/motel and it stinking to high heaven!

I was on the second floor and located towards the end of the hall. While the room was very clean, it just lacked...ambiance. It was rather Spartan in it's furnishings and fixtures. I called my wife when I got settled in and even though I kept my voice low it echoed off the walls.

The bed was comfy, maybe a little too much. It was nice and soft and I like a harder surface bed. My wife would have absolutely loved it (if she was with me). I got cleaned up and headed to bed as it was already late.

Check-out was very swift and the overall impression I got from the Motel 6 was favorable. I would recommend this to weary road travelers anytime.

The biggest thing for me was that it was clean and not much in the way of noise...oh, and very reasonably priced. Can't ask for much more.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Motel6Kingston, General Manager at Motel 6 Kingston, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Pyker1972,
Thank you very much for posting a review of our property! At Motel 6 Kingston we are always glad to receive feed back from our valued guests. We will do our very best to continue to offer a clean, quite and inexpensive alternative in the Kingston area. We look forward to seeing you next time!

manager@motel6kingston.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Ocean View, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

If you compare prices like I do, you will find this is one of the most reasonably priced hotels in the Kingston area. I have stayed at a few other hotels in town that were more expensive that granted were closer to downtown, but were actually equal to or worse than this hotel for more money. Yes it is a little away from town, but still within miles of shopping and dining. So you can't walk everywhere. I am not sure that is worth double the price for a lesser room. One thing you should know, they charge an extra $10 per extra person so if the sign says $69 it will be $79 for the two of you. But if you have AAA or CAA it actually cancels out the extra charge, so if you have one of those be sure to present it at check in. The rooms are clean, modern, quiet and my favorite part... no carpet! I like the laminate flooring myself carpet always looks dirty after a while and shows stains especially in the winter season. Also it makes it easy for you to clean up a spill etc and not get hit up for an extra cleaning fee. Free Wi-Fi and a nice close parking lot complete the package. I have read people complaining about the free granola bar for breakfast. What do you expect for this price? I actually expected nothing so I was pleasantly surprised to find granola bars being offered. I felt it was a nice touch. Heck, save the granola bar as a snack for later and use some of the money you saved on the room to buy a nice breakfast at one of the restaurants in the morning. The Staff is always helpful and attentive as well. I know some Motel 6 establishments in the states have seen better days and are stingy with the towels, soap pillows etc. Not the case here. I got extra pillows, soap, towels etc when I asked for them no problem. To sum things up, even if you had a previously bad experience or no experience at all with Motel 6 give this one a try. You will be glad you did.

Room Tip: They charge an extra $10 per extra person so if the sign says $69 that is for one person. It will be...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark F
Dear Mark F,
It is fantastic to hear what you have said about our Hotel! It is our thoughts exactly that if our guests can pay less while still getting a clean comfortable room it gives them the choice of how to use there savings either on breakfast or saving it for a rainy day! Thanks again for making Motel 6 your destination of choice in Kingston.

Manchester, NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have had less than great experiences with Motel 6 in the past, but with such reviews I took a chance, and this location went a long way toward restoring my faith in the brand. The design of the room was very modern, with some orange and yellow walls that were done not in an "ow-my-eyes" way, but in a way that really added light and a spacious feeling. The wood-laminate floors were very clean. The bed and bath areas are designed in a way to take advantage of every inch of space without feeling cramped. True the location is not near much, but it's easy on and off highway 401, and there is a gas station with large convenience store right around the corner. Clerks at the front desk were very helpful and professional. I would stay here again with no hesitation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear coaster8,
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell your story. I’m happy to hear that Motel 6 Kingston was able to change your mind about the brand. We look forward to surpassing your expectations on your next stay. Welcome Back to Motel 6!

Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Is located on highway 401 which makes it easy to access, noise level was fine inside. Recently build which makes it look and feel clean. Free wireless internet. Modern rooms. Easy parking.
Price-wise the best value in Kingston.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear arcussinus,
Thank you so much for the compliment, I’m so happy to hear you think we are the best value in Kingston. At Motel 6 Kingston we are very pleased that our guests feel we are hitting the mark!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed for a night here and were quite pleased with the room, very clean, large bathroom....great place to crash. Only downfall was the price, the illuminated sign said 69$ yet upon reservation it was 89$. What I was explained is that 69$ was a weekday 1 person stay, yet we were on a Saturday and 2 people booked in the room.
Anyhow you could get a FREE coffee in the morning from the coffee machine in the lounge (better then nothing)

Room Tip: we were on 4th floor and didn't hear anything
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear DaveRollem,
I’m very glad you were pleased with the style and cleanliness of our property. As we discussed our rates do vary throughout the week and year. We look forward to you next visit to Kingston and hope you can take advantage of some of our new years specials!

Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

It is a very nice hotel!

It is newly renovated. Love the wood floor, feels so clean and modern.
We love that room!

It is just a little bit far away from Kingston downtown, but it would be fine if you drive.
The rate is very good, it is worth to drive a little bit. And it is close to the highway too, but don’t choose this hotel if you don’t drive.

We stayed in a connecting room, usually it is not a problem. But the guest next door was smashing the door and arguing on the phone at 3:00am and 5:00am, and it was very loud. It was crazy!
We called the front desk and complain at 3:00am, but no one did anything until we complained the second time. We were about to call the police.

Besides that, everything is good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KarenTT2013
Dear KarenTT2013,
I’m so happy you enjoyed our property and the rates at Motel 6 Kingston. I’m sorry to hear about your noisy neighbor it can sometimes take a bit of time to quite down an emotionally charged situation, but I’m glad the staff was able to do it for you.

Seoul, Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I was there with my two children (6 and 8) for a total of 9 days over two different weeks. I only needed a place where I could sleep, wash, and have breakfast in the morning. For a nice, clean room with all the basic things you need you can't beat the price. The location seems not so great at first sight because you're kind of far from everything ... on foot, but it's a short drive by car to anything and everything in Kingston.

The room has a small fridge and a microwave. There is a flat TV in your room and you can plug in your own stuff to watch if you want to. I tried and it worked.

It is new and there is no carpet on the floor, which makes it cleaner in my point of view. On our second week, we had a noisy neighbor (not the motel's fault), so we asked for a different room and got it right away.

In the lobby, you have a small room with tables and chairs where you can have coffee. There are vending machines and they also provide free tea/coffee in the morning as well as granola bars.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Turk_cmr,
Thank you so much for choosing Motel 6 Kingston for your family’s stay in Kingston we look forward to your next visit!