“Excellent hotel”

Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 11 April 2011

We stayed here as we had tickets at the KRock Center. Great location and an easy walk to the concert. Close to fabulous restaurants. Nice Fitness room with brand new treadmills with tvs etc. Front desk staff very nice and very gracious. We had the munchies and grabbed some chips and charged to our room, Our shock and amazement that they were a dollar each!. We figured we would be upcharged for sure!. Rooms are very big with fridge, micro, dishwasher etc. Nice to drink our wine in real glasses and not plastic. Bed was super comfy and nice how the tv swivels for living room or bedroom. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2011

Thank so very much for taking the time to place this review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Please let me know when you plan to return to Kingston so I can say hello and welcome you in person.

My telephone number is 613 544 4888

Write a ReviewReviews (1,305)

Reviewed 5 April 2011

Check into what appears to be a nice Marriott Chain Hotel.............Go up to the studio suite to find hockey equipment and dirty boxers under the bed. I returned the disgusting finds to the front desk and the agent thanks me for returning them as the customer had called and was looking for them. The front desk agent let me walk away.

After returning to the room and my incessant complaining, they decided to upgrade us......upon entering the new suite. I open the cupboards to find dirty red wine glasses in the cupboard and mold in the basket of the coffeee maker. When the agent came up he basically explained that it was not mold bold hard water because it was Kingston.
ABSOLUTE NONSENSE.

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank samanthaJOntario
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2011

Dear Madam.

Thank you so much for taking the time to communicate your comments relating to your recent stay. I am so sorry that you had so many unfortunate experiences and I am in discussion with my departmental managers as to how we can better deal with such circumstances and indeed how we can avoid them.

We take immense pride in offering our guests the best possible experience and continue to endevour to achieve this goal.

Regards,

Mike Johnstone

Reviewed 31 March 2011

Great location, nice property, comfortable rooms however the staff just isn't quite with it.
The key wasn't programed correctly for my room, the bill wasn't correct and there was no acknowlegement of my marriott status.
I guess it will just take some time for them to figure some of this stuff out.

Room Tip: Get there early to get parking inside.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your comments. We have been having some issues with our key card reading system which has now been fixed. We do always try to aknowledge all our important Marriott Rewards Members and I will be looking into why this courtesy was not afforded you. I also note that your account was incorrect, again I will be looking into why this was so.
Please accept my sincere apologies for all these issues and I look forward to welcoming you back to Residence Inn by Marriott Kingston again in the very near future.

If you would like yo discuss this further with me please call me at your pleasure

Regards

Mike Johnstone
Residence Inn by Marriott Kingston Water`s Edge
613 531 7200

Reviewed 11 March 2011

We stayed here for the family day weekend with 7 family members. We got a 2 bedroom suite and had requested a crib for my 2 year old son. We checked in and the front desk reported that the crib had not arrived in our room yet, but a staff would be up shortly with it.
We waited 2 hours for it before calling the front desk. When we called the front desk back, they said they had run out of cribs! In the meantime, we found a ziplock bag with prescrition medication in it behind the curtains. Obviously, this was a concern with a small child around.
The staff did take care of both of these issues quickly-they went out and purchased a crib for us and upgraded us to a new suite. The manager followed up with us after our trip to apologize for the mishap.
Overall (despite the errors) this is a very nice hotel for it's class. The pool is great and the complimentary breakfast was one of the best I have experienced. The rooms are comfortable and bedding was very soft.
I would return again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Residence Inn this past weekend. We had booked the two room suite. There was a king size bed in one room with a living room and kitchen facilities in the other. It was a perfect space for a winter weekend getaway, where you might want to spend more time inside. The room was classified as "waterfront view" - however the view was mostly taken up by the apartment building directly opposite. In future I would request the "city view" side - which looks out over the boat marina and has a much more open vista.

Although we did not bring bathing suits - we checked out the pool area and wished that we had. There is also a nice looking restaurant in the hotel - although we did not eat there, the menu looked really good.

Breakfast is included in the room rate. It was totally excellent...included fresh fruit, 3 types of yogurt, breads, bagels, muffins, hot oatmeal and cold cereals, scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage patties, pancakes, juice, tea and coffee. The seating area is not overly large but when it filled up the overflow was directed to the restaurant facility next door. Weekend breakfast was served between 7-10am.

On the whole the hotel was really nice and clean. I was a little disappointed because I had read a sheet on the fridge that stated housekeeping would do any dishes left in the sink – I left two bowls and a mug and they were not washed – not a big deal but when you are on a mini break and get the offer not to have to do dishes – well then I don’t wanna do them :)

Everyone on the staff that we spoke to was really friendly and helpful. We will certainly make this our hotel of choice when we return to Kingston.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2011

There are four major downtown hotels in Kingston, with this being the newest. The reception staff were warm and welcoming, the bar is friendly and the rooms are large and well appointed with free internet. Finally, the small gym is bright and clean.

Occasionally one sees a couple of thoughtful, small touches that give a sense that a hotel actually wants your custom - here, a make-up removal towelette was tucked behind the mirror each morning, and a stack of face cloths was renewed every day. Only a small sign, but a thoughtful one.

Downsides? The air conditioning in the room is a bit noisy, and there are just two elevators so the morning rush hour can be time consuming. Other than that there is little to complain about.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Exceptionally good value. This is a new hotel right on the water and within easy walking distance of all the Kingston attractions. The rooms are large and beautifully appointed with all amenities including a small equipped kitchen. Great hot breakfast buffet was included. We will certainly be back and have no hesitation in recommending it to fellow visitors to Kingston.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple