“horrible service”

Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Windsor, Canada
“horrible service”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This is my first review I have ever written, I normally do not complain however I felt the need to share this information with everyone. 6 of us booked a two bedroom suite to stay in for a wedding in Kingston this weekend. I had emailed the hotel 3 weeks in advance to notify them we had a wedding to get ready for and asked if they could clean our room first so we would have a spot to get ready.... they replied they would try their hardest and to call them on the day we were arriving to see if it was ready. That saturday morning we called at 11:00am, 12:30, 1:00pm went to the hotel at 2:00pm and called at 3Pm. The lady on the phone was RUDE and not accomadating at all. I am quite dissapointed to say we had to get ready in our car and the hotel did not try and accomadate us what so ever. After the wedding ceremony we all had to leave the reception to CHECK IN to our hotel so we wouldnt have to do it at 2am when we got back from the wedding... the lady once again was not friendly. I am very dissapointed with the respect we recieved especially with how much we paid for a 1 night stay and didnt really even use the room. Other hotels in the area are much better as they accomadate their guests. We had 4 other friends staying at different hotels (The Radisson and Holiday Inn) and they were much more accomadating allowing them to check in early and making sure their rooms were ready,

On a good note.... the 2 bedroom suite was beautiful, the location is beautiful and the breakfast in the morning was good.. BUT there are other hotels in the area (Holiday Inn, The Radisson) that are beautiful, spacious and ACCOMADATING + RESPECTFUL to their guests.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Krista V
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Good morning and thank you for posting your review.

I am so sorry that we failed to accommodate your request for an early arrival and I will investigate who was on duty to establish who was rude to you. The reason we do not gaurentee early arrivals is because our departure time is 12 noon, if we are fully booked on the prior night this makes it difficult to clean rooms to allow early arrivals. This was the case on the date you were trying to arrive early. In this instance we have to allocate rooms as they are cleaned and we do try our very best to accomodate our guests requirements. In particular our two bedroomed suites are a challange for early arrivals as we have so few, they are in high demand and they take the longest to clean. A two bed suite can take many hours to clean to our highest standard and means that if the guests depart promptly at 12 noon we may not get the suite cleaned before 3pm. Our gaurenteed check in time is 4 pm.
My apologies again.

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the other aspects of your stay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Ottawa
Reviewed 4 June 2012

A nice hotel that forgets they have guests...

Middle of the night (2300) I am awoken by a giant vacuum truck sucking grease out of their restaurant.... may as well drill up the parking lot.

And busy checkouts... forget your room to be cleaned... not enough staff to clean the rooms... for those who stay... room cleaned by suppertime... nothing worse than walking into a messy hotel room. Staff great... but management not hiring enough...

Breakfast in short supply for a brand that prides itself on its breakfast. Been to many Residence Inn.. but running out of breakfast and coffee day after day smacks of lack of oversight...

Nice location... worth the trip... but missing some of the finer details of residence inns in other parts of the world.... i.e. don't call in the cleaning truck in the middle of the night..

Room Tip: Choose corner rooms.... Choose rooms on the entrance side to avoid the grease truck that sound like...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Good morning and thank you for posting this review.

I am so sorry that you were disturbed on Sunday night. We were conducting our periodic, every 6 months, cleaning of kitchen extract system and have had this done many times with no disturbance. I am in communication with the contracted company to establish what has changed in the service. This being said, my guests comfort is my main concern and I respectfully ask that you make contact with me on 613 531 7200 as I would very much like to discuss this further with you.

I also note your comments regarding breakfast and housekeeping which I will address.
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2012

The suites are modern and clean. The rooms are spacious. There is a very good continental breakfast included. The view is amazing!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jojobiz
Good morning from Kingston.

Thank you for your wonderfull review, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your comments.
ontario
Reviewed 22 May 2012

As in all Residence Inn hotels, the room was bigger than average. What we liked most about this hotel was its proximity to the waterfront trail and all the good restaurants in downtown Kingston (5-minute walk). The view from the room was great too -- we could see Fort Henry and all the boats coming in and out of the docks.

Kitchen - has a full-sized fridge, a small dishwasher, microwave, and a 2-burner stove -- no oven, take note. Some of the plates weren't too clean so I just loaded everything into the dishwasher to be sure.

Pool - a bit small and although it wasn't full at the time, they ran out of clean towels. Thankfully by the time we were almost done, a new batch of fresh towels came.

Parking - costs $17 (with tax), whether you use the underground or open parking lot.

Breakfast - make-your-own waffles, eggs, sausage, muffins, french toast, fruits, yoghurt and the ever-present Marriott oatmeal; if the breakfast area is full, they let you use the tables at the bar/lounge, where you get a nice view of the water

extras: the room had 2 closets, and aside from the usual coffee/tea basket, there was a bag of popcorn for the kids!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sabrepaddle
Good morning and thank you so much for posting your comments. I respond to every comment posted and share with my team, I will take great pleasure in reading out your comments at our daily communication meeting.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Had a very pleasant 5-night family stay. Modern, clean facility. Very spacious room (actually a little suite) - comfy beds, large bathrooms etc. Fabulous location right on the water, and a quick walk to all of Kingston's charms. Very good continental breakfast included.

Room Tip: Harbour view is breathtaking.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Good morning. Thank you for sharing your comments. At Residence Inn we take great pride in our hotel and in our guests. As I do with all comments posted, I will be thrilled to share your comments with my operational team so they know what our guests are thinking about us.

Thanks again.
kingston
Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

This residence inn is done to such a high standard that it makes almost all others of the same name look bad! Great breakfasts, great location downtown but away from tourist bustle. Stayed for a week
Wish it were longer!
Great little pool, basic workout room, suites well laid out

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank socrates1375
Hello and thanks for posting your review. I am delighted that you seem to have enjoyed your stay and I really hope to be able to welcome you back someday in the future.
Victoria
Reviewed 18 May 2012

A recent 4 night stay at the Residence Inn was a very pleasant experience,

The accommodations are more than a room with a TV and bathroom. It is more like a little apartment (suite) with all of the amenities, there is a tidy little kitchen with appliances if one would like to cook and eat in.

There are facilities (Spa) for exercising, separate pools and saunas for men and women and an office with computers available for online bookings and email. A little ride in the elevator will get you to these places on basement floor.

There is a complimentary breakfast, serving hot and cold entrees. In the evenings the staff put out complimentary snacks in the main lobby, it could be fruit, every evening it is different, check it out, you will see for yourself.

The hotel is lakeside and within easy walking distance to downtown core.

If one is expecting disappointment you will have to look elsewhere.

The staff are very courteous and helpful.

My next trip to Kingston will be with accommodation at the Residence Inn in mind.

Room Tip: All suites are well appointed. I would book an upper floor corner suite closer to the water for a be...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Hello and thank you very much for sharing your comments, it is really important to us at the Residence Inn that we are able to see what our guests think about us and our hotel. You comment has helped us be number one in Kingston for which I thank you.