“Great Hotel”

Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Very spacious and clean rooms with comfortable beds and very friendly staff. The location is perfect, a quick walk to downtown and the view of Lake Ontario is amazing! Best of all was the included breakfast- I've never seen such selection for a complimentary breakfast!! We had a great time, and will go back again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Michael J, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I will take the greatest of pleasure in sharing this with my associates at our daily ``huddle`` This is our daily meeting where we celebrate our success and your review will be top of the list.

Warm Regards on a cold winter day.

Mike Johnstone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I live in Kingston and my workplace often uses the Residence Inn to host events. We have always had wonderful experiences, so when some friends and I were planning a weekend get-together in Kingston, I suggested that we book a suite. We had a wonderful stay; the service was impeccable, the suite beautiful and the views exquisite. Even the complimentary breakfast was impressive. We spent a lot of time in the salt water pool/whirlpool/sauna and checked out feeling rested, rejuvenated and pampered! Very highly recommended!

Room Tip: Try to get waterfront view - it really is wonderful to wake up to Lake Ontario!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Good morning and thank you for the great review. If we can assist with any future events please do get in touch.
Have a great week in snowy Kingston!
Warm Regards
6135317200 Direct
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

As always, a first rate experience. The room was large and well laid out, and very clean. The pool is in great shape, and the breakfast buffet is as good as it has always been. Nice selection and some nice healthy choices. Staff are very friendly and helpful, and the view is magnificent. All in all, this hotel offers good value for the money.

Room Tip: Relatively thin walls, so avoid staying near an elevator.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Michael J, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Hello again! Lovely to read another great review for which I thank you. Please do call me when you next have accomodation requirements in Kingston as I would really love to look after you myself.
Call me on 613 531 7200
Warmest Regards Aye,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Newer property, was clean, roomy and we liked it. The color scheme in the room was modern yet cozy. The location was great, right next to where we were going. We would stay here again. The one hiccup was using Marriott points. It cost 20,000 points, and I booked the room a couple of months in advance. The day before we were to leave, Marriott called and left a message saying we had to pay more for the room. I ignored the message figuring it was a scam. When we got to the hotel, they looked into this and honoured the free stay. Be careful with Marriott points, I think there is a scam going on, which Marriott may not even be aware of.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael J, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Happy Monday from Kingston. Thank you for your review, I have notified Marriott Rewards regarding your concerns, I am very pleased that we sorted this out at the hotel for you.
Glad to see you enjoyed your stay.

Warmest Regards,

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

This hotel is nicely furnished, clean, we had a great water view and the service was good. Two of the addresses we wanted to look up in old town Kingston were two to four blocks from the hotel. Room service is provided by a restaurant in the hotel(I don't think it is the hotel's restaurant) and the food was absolutely great.

Room Tip: While we weren't in the room all that much the water view was very nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for posting your comments, I will pass your compliments to our Food and Beverage team. West 76 is part of the hotel but managed by a different company, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your experience it the restaurant, the hotel and the local area.

Warm Regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Booked via Marriott for 125$, for a week end in K-Town for the Chili fest. Early check in was easy and friendly, and we were provided a nice suite with one bedroom, kitchen and living room.

The room was great, modern, clean and with a nice harbor view. The bedroom was well appointed and the king bed comfortable. Full kitchen would be great for any long term resident. Bathroom was a bit small, but clean, with sink situated outside it. My friend used the sofa bed and was quite pleased too. Free Wi-Fi for all.

The breakfast area is bit small but they use the restaurant area for overflow. The food choice was decent, with eggs, sausage patties, and fruits. waffles, yogurts, oatmeal. The gym was decent sized and well appointed with cross trainers and treadmills. The pool was decent sized if a bit shallow. Parking was 16$ per day.

Overall, à great choice in Kingston.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hello from a very chilly day in Kingston. I apologise for the delay in responding to your great review, I am catching up now. Kingston is a very special place to visit and I am delighted to see you attended our Chilli Fest. Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share your comments and I hope to welcome you back some day very soon.

Warm regards,
Ottawa, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

While this hotel is only "three stars" it really hits above its weight. Great, spacious rooms with fully functioning kitchenettes. Correspondingly terrific views of the lake and Wolfe Island. Bathrooms are a little tiny, but I was travelling by myself so this wasn't a problem. Breakfast served everyday beside the lobby was hearty and satisfying. I got the "conference rate" for my room which really enhanced this hotel's value.

As I was here for a conference, I also had the opportunity to have the catered dinners from presumably the in-house restaurant. Catering for 80 plus people that results in quality food with great taste is no easy feat but they managed to pull off both. I was impressed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hello and thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay. Your review really brightened my Monday, I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us. I hope the conference was good also, I will pass on your comments regarding catering to my Food and Beverage team.

Warmest Regards,