“Excellent hotel”

Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 5 February 2014

It is a excellent hotel with great location and view. Very close to downtown. Lots of restaurants within waking distance. Courteous staff and has all the amenities.

However, one thing I don't get it is that why it the LCD TV still showing SD quality picture in this day and age. Feels like I in the 80's. But lot of other hotels have the same problem.

Free wireless is also available.

Room Tip: High floor with lake view. 9th or 10th.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Thank you for your great review!

We are quite lucky to be located right downtown. And you're correct, there are oodles of restaurants in our immediate vicinity (including our very own West 76 with a waterview). We are always happy to lend our recomendations to any visitors as well. I'm sure you also found a gem in the city to sit down and dine.

Many thanks!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed again at this hotel while visiting family in Kingston. This hotel has a great location right on the water and downtown. The rooms are clean and very large each having a full kitchen.

Service from the staff was excellent. They are all very friendly and accommodating.

We ate in their restaurant and the food was very good and reasonably priced.
The included buffet breakfast in the morning is very good. The seating area for the buffet breakfast area is a little small, so plan to arrive early for your breakfast. Although the cleaning staff at the buffet breakfast are very fast at cleaning up the tables to make room for new guests.

This is our preferred hotel to stay at when we are in Kingston.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Neys

Thank you for your wonderful comments! Yes, our breakfast staff are definitley morning people! They are efficient and caring when it comes to looking after our guests. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. And I hope that you'll be joining us again in the near future! For your next stay, keep in mind, if you can't find a place to sit and enjoy breakfast, check with one of the servers or the front desk. We're always happy to find a comfortable space for you.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed for one night on our way to Quebec. So glad we chose this hotel. Can not say enough good things about the staff at this hotel. Every single employee we met was great, from check-in to check-out. My wife commented on how hard the gentleman in the breakfast restaurant was working.

They were kind enough to upgrade us to a 2 bedroom suite which was awesome for our family and ski equipment. I am returning to #YGK in March for a course and cancelled my reservation at the Four Points and booked this property. I have stayed at the Four Points before and it doesn't compare to the Marriott Residence Inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much Steve and Reen for your amazing review! We try to put our best foot forward, and in your case, it sounds like we were successful. I'm glad we were able to upgrade your room during your stay to accommodate your family. And it sounds like you really enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

This hotel is by far the best place to stay in Kingston! The rooms are HUGE, clean and comfortable; the views are amazing; the location is ideal; the staff is phenomenal; and the price is right!

When I’d made the booking, I’d requested a room on an upper floor with a good view of the lake. To my great happiness, upon checking-in and without having to mention anything further, I was assigned a room on the very top floor with an amazing view.

The front desk staff members were extremely helpful, friendly, courteous and efficient. I’ve stayed at well over a hundred hotels in my life, and the staff at the Residence Inn by Marriott Kingston are probably the best that I’ve ever encountered.

Though I only stayed 2 nights, the rooms are very well appointed for people in need of a place for a long-term stay. The mini-kitchen even features a mini-dishwasher!

The rooms are extremely well soundproofed and the HVAC (ventilation, heating, A/C) is excellent. The only drawbacks are the lack of a bathtub and the ugly choice of carpet color :). Also, the beds are comfortable, but not extremely hard, so if you have a bad back, you might want to enquire as to whether there are rooms with firmer mattresses.

Room Tip: Room 1004 has a great view of the river.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jamie_Madden

Wow. Thank you for a great and detailed review. We try our best to fulfill requests and are always happy to do so when we can! In your case, you were able to enjoy one of waterview suites on an upper floor. I imagine you took a few lovely pictures of the windmills on Wolf Island or Fort Henry as viewed from your suite.

I'm very glad to hear that our staff helped you enjoy your experience! We are a keen and enthusiastic team inspired by our visiting guests! Your comments have put quite a few smiles on staff faces!

Many thanks and come for a visit again soon!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Where do I begin to say what an incredible staff at this Marriott! We decided to take the opportunity to combine a business and pleasure trip to Kingston on one of the worst winter weekends this winter season. It was a 'staycation' that allowed us to do some shopping, some business, some dining and some simple rest and relaxation. The hotel surpassed itself in its ability to host guests, despite snow squalls, high winds, and personal sacrifice for employees just to even get to the hotel to work. Everyone was gracious. Even guests started conversations with each other just to beat the winter blahs! This Marriott is central to good eateries, excellent retail and the beauty of historic downtown Kingston architecture should be seen! The hotel restaurant provides great service, and good eats. Our studio suite was clean and well equipped. The salt water hotel pool delighted my husband. We are returning in a month for another visit and plan to use this hotel as a 'sanity place' when work stresses us out.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Michael J, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

What a great review!! I am delighted to see that you enjoyed so many aspects of your recent stay. I would love to ensure you get the best room available for your next stay, call me on 6135317200 to allow me to help.

Have a great weekend!

Warmest Regards
Mike Johnstone

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Hotel is perfect for longer stay travelers. Stayed for three weeks for business. Located right downtown on the water, within a five minute walk of K-rock center and all of downtown Kingston's restaurants and pubs. Big rooms tastefully decorated, modern look, free breakfast everyday, staff that really seem to care about you and your stay...perfect. Only place I will stay in Kingston. My only complaint was on a Saturday morning, ran out of breakfast food at 930 am, my fault for sleeping in when I knew there was three minor hockey teams staying there. Didn't hear the teams or have any problems with them, kudos to the hotel staff. If you are looking at a classy place for an overnight stay, or a great place for extended stay, this is it.

Room Tip: Ask for marina view, in the summer you are looking towards the royal military college and the boats...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hello from Kingston, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am thrilled that your enjoyed most aspects of your stay. I am dissapointed to see that we failed to provide you with breakfast on the Saturday of your stay, we serve breakfast until 10am at the weekends to allow our guests to relax a little longer. Even on busy mornings we never should run out of anything, I will investigate this.
I hope to welcome you again very soon.

Warm Regards
Mike Johnstone

Reviewed 16 January 2014

The dinning was excellent for Princess Anne's visit. The staff was catering to everyone's request. As with all Royal functions scheduling is the key for success. This hotel has set a high standard for future visits weather Royal or political.

Room Tip: Rooms have great view of Lake Ontario.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Michael J, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. HRH The Princess Royal`s visit will live on in all our minds for such a long time, it was a great honour to host her and her party. I am thrilled you also enjoyed the event.

Warm regards