“Nice quiet stay”

Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Toronto, Canada
“Nice quiet stay”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Residence Inn Kingston this weekend. We have gotten a studio city view room, which has partial harbour view. The room is spacious and really nice. It's also quite quiet even it's on the 3rd floor. We ordered room services for the night, and was very impressed from the food.

I am planning another visit next weekend and already planned to stay at Residence Inn again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Good afternoon Michelle. Thank you for staying with us and for planning your next visit to Kingston with us too!

Although most of our city view studio rooms don't offer a water view, it isn't uncommon to see at least some of beautiful Lake Ontario and the windmills on Wolfe Island.

I certainly hope you enjoyed your 2nd visit to the Residence Inn and I hope you had a chance to try the NEW menu at West 76!

I've been pushing the Pickerel and the Curry. Positively delicious!

I'd like to invite you to contact me when you have a future reservation as I'd love to arrange to welcome you back. My email is gss.marriott2@gmail.com

Many thanks!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The location was very convenient because everything is walking distance, the rooms are spacious and clean, and they offered a free breakfast which is very important when you have a family!

The hotel is right on the waterfront where you can walk and take great pictures! I will definitely stay at this hotel if I go back to Kingston.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Good day Explorers009!

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our complimentary hot and cold buffet breakfast.

I was especially glad to see that you were able to take advantage of our prime location! I'm hoping to see some of your pictures that you took. We are certainly in an advantageous spot being right at the water's edge with beautiful Battery Park and the Compass Rose... the water lined with the breaker ending in a small lighthouse.

If you care to share any of your masterpiece photos, I would love to post them on our web page! Feel free to email me at gss.marriott2@gmail.com

Thank you so much!
Orillia, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My first time in Kingston so I'm glad the hotel was close to the waterfront, so i could see a lot of the area from there. The hotel was clean and had all the amenities. They even offered a light supper with the room, but I wasn't crazy about the hot dog menu. Good for families maybe. Didn't try the breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Good day KB!

We are privileged and happy that you spent your first visit to Kingston with us!

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to take advantage of our breakfast. Many guests are fans of making their own waffles for a sweet start to the morning! I do hope you were able to find an other local place for brekkies. I often grab a coffee and a sandwich from the Common Market just across the street from us. Warm service in a beautiful historic building.

The two meals you mentioned are both presented in the form of a buffet. Did you know that we have an a la carte option at West 76? That's our in house restaurant, open daily for dinner between 5 and 10pm. And I am very excited to tell you that from June 11th, a new menu has been developed!

Next time you're in town, keep us in my for your 2nd visit! We would love to welcome you back and help you to continue to enjoy our proud and historic City of Kingston!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

PROS :
-Well-located hotel by the lake and close to the Waterfront, the City Centre and a park for kids.
-The kitchenette is very useful with kids and it saves you money on restaurant bills.
-Friendly staff.
CONS :
-Breakfast is average. But you can make your own waffles.
-A bit expensive if you don't get a room at a discounted rate (We had the family package at $139 + tax with free pizza)
-Parking is extra

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Good day Michel.

It sounds like you were able to take full advantage of what we offer here at the Res Inn.

City Park in the summertime is the perfect place to be in the hot sun. There's a 'play' zone in the park with waterguns and fountains to hop and jump and cool down in.

I have yet to try it... but Farm Girl has a food truck set up often in City Park, and it seems to get lots of hungry visitors!

I'm happy to hear that you stayed on our family pizza package! Although we don't offer that package anymore, feel free to inquire about other discount booking options! We offer a lower rate for seniors, CAA members, and Government Employees with documentation travelling on Gov't business.

And of course, ...the famous DIY waffles! I have seen some of our younger patrons with some sugary waffle creations that always makes your mouth water!

Thanks again and I hope to welcome you back soon!
Vancouver
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This property is a well run hotel in a great location on the waterfront. Close to everything that matters with access to a really pleasant walking path on the lake. Friendly staff, clean and large rooms make it an excellent choice when in Kingston.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jrd650, you have an efficient way with words in a compact but detailed positive review.

Thank you!

The path along the lake is a lovely way to spend a morning walk. Heading away from town from the Res Inn, it'll bring you right past the Marine Museum (with the proud Alexander Henry ice-breaker in dry dock), then to the Pump House (featuring a room filled with an awesome model train set!), then right to Ahoy Rentals where Andrew can rent you out a bike or aquatic equipment... the list goes on!

Sometimes, I'll walk to Kingston General from the hotel just to see these wonderful attractions. I usually stop at the waterfront park by Murney Tower (a fun attraction in itself) - but I digress!

Thank you for staying with us, and for any other walk wanting travellers, feel free to approach our knowledgable Guest Service Agents for ideas of where your feet can take you!
Victoria
Reviewed 28 May 2014

During the first week of May colleagues and I had a 4 night stay at the Residence Inn. It was our second stay there where the accommodation is excellenta complimentary breakfast is offered free of charge and a great way to start the day.
There is an excellent fitness center with exercise equipment, weights, sauna and pool.

The Residence Inn is located lakeside with beautiful views; I recommend corner rooms lakeside if you prefer this vantage point.

The hotel is located within easy walking distance of the downtown area and other restaurants, Diane's is close if you like seafood, try it you will love it.

• Stayed May 2014
Good morning Fergus.

Thank you for taking a moment to give us a great review on Tripadvisor. You certainly have some great recommendations!

We have a series of rooms with a premium waterview. They are (as you mentioned) the corner suites (one bedroom and two bedroom) in the front of the hotel facing right against the water, and the studios between the two corners.

Those are my favourite rooms too! The view is so lovely from those suites, we do charge a bit more, and it's worth it! :)

Fergus, I hope that you and I had a conversation when you paid us a visit. Diane's is among my personal favourite places to eat in Kingston. I love their ceviche sampler, I have yet to try the shellfish.

Thank you for spending your time in Kingston with us and I am looking forward to your return!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Very easy to find. They were very accomodating. Called the morning of and asked for the possibility for early check-in and no problem at all. We got everything we asked for (high floor etc.) Great service at the front desk. Amazing room very spacious, clean and great view of the marina. All of the amenities in the hotel very clean, and well taken care of. The only thing lots of bugs int he window (but this was all explained because of being ont he water's edge. The breakfast in the morning was very good and was an all american hot breakfast and had everything you would like in the morning, was hot and good. The only item to note is that the parking is 16$ a day. The parking underground is very small and first come first serve but there is more than enough room to park in the additional area at the back. Now the reason I did not provide 5 stars is that we did go to the restaurant in the hotel for dinner as its close and convinient, the service was good but the food was not very good, As a result I only ate my appatizer and did not eat my main meal. All in all, I cant wait to go back and recomment to everyone!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Matthew_Gifford, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Good afternoon! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

The little flies (outside, not inside!) - yes indeed. We are deep in the season of the little swarmy flies that hover about outside. And thankfully, these little guys choose not to check in ;)

But rest assured, that season is closing soon, so the little fellows will be flying off shortly.

I'm sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations at the grill. However, SonL8888, I am pleased to inform you that a new menu is on the way! From Wednesday, June 11th, the West 76 is presenting a new menu!

And of course, we are all very excited to try it out.

SonL8888, if you don't mind, I'd like to request you to contact me. gss.marriott2@gmail.com

Many thanks!