Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge
US$211
US$204
  • Pool
Lord Nelson Motel(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$194
US$170
US$154
US$149
US$146
US$140
BestWestern.com
Super 8 Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$113
US$65
Travelocity
1,333 results
All reviewsfull kitchentwo bedroom suitethe sofa bedwolfe islandcomplimentary breakfastsmall kitchenparking feewater viewfront desk staffthe breakfast areayogurtvery nice hotelhome away from homerooms are largewould highly recommend this hotelqueens universitysitting area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Stopped over for a night on our way between Toronto and mont Tremblant.
The hotel is in a great location overseeing the waterfront.
We had the 2 bedroom suite which was spacious and clean.
The breakfast has a decent variety, though the area where it was served was jam packed with guests.., so we had to take our plates and food to the bar on the other side. No big deal, but not very convenient.

• Stayed: August 2014
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Hello there Saltman.

Thank you for recently staying in one of our two bedroom suites. The waterview two bedroom suites certainly do offer a great view of Wolf Island, Fort Henry, the windmills... etc. Can't be beat!

SOME of our two bedrooms even have jetted tubs in the ensuite loo!

Saltman, did you know that many of our guests enjoy breakfast in their rooms to avoid the hussle and bustle often met on a busy morning?

I do apologize for any inconvenience during breakfast and look forward to welcoming you for your next stay!

Many thanks.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Booked the top room category, marketed as having a water view. The water could be seen, but the primary view was of a parking lot directly outside the room. The window with the best view had the drapes closed such that they could not be opened. The windows were, quite simply, filthy (see photo), and there were cobwebs on the inside of the windows. We could hear neighbors regularly and were awakened by the noise. Marriott Gold Elite status not recognized.

Pros:

Good location, easily walkable to heart of town
Friendly staff
Free wifi

Cons:

Expensive on-site parking
Lack of cleanliness in rooms
Poor view
Terrible sound insulation
Low-quality breakfast food

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank aaaaa
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Aaaaa.

My heart fell when I read your review.

And I would like to take this as an opportunity.

Because of our downtown Kingston location, many of our waterview suites are shared with a view of the parking lot, battery park, the harbour, or the city. This is an unavoidable circumstance of location. The photograph you've taken of the parking lot outside your window should not be the primary view of the room. Looking straight out the window (instead of down), you would be greeted by the lovely harbour with a view of the waterfront. Including the beautiful historic buildings across Kingston Harbour and Navy Bay where Fort Henry and RMC are located. I am terribly sorry that this was not the view you were expecting.

Aaaaa, regarding the drapes that could not be opened, I would like to request a bit more information. It is not commonplace in our property for the drapes to be un-openable. I'd like to request that you send me an email (at your earliest convenience) with the room number you stayed in so that we can investigate this further and fix it.

At multiple points throughout the year, we hire a cleaning team to wash the outside of the windows. In Ontario, it's not uncommon for Mother Nature to take on her own style of decor on the outsides of Kingston's buildings.

I am very happy that you found our staff to be friendly, we certainly pride ourselves on our guest service! However, there is a bit of retraining that we will be putting in place. As a Gold member of the Marriott Rewards program, it is understood that you are among our most loyal guests. And this should certainly have been recognized at your arrival.

I would like to urge you to send me a message so that we can discuss in further detail your reservation and any future reservations that you may have with us.

My email is gss.marriott2@gmail.com

Many sincere thanks,

-David

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a couple of days in August, travelling with a companion in a wheelchair. I booked the accessible room with trepidation since you get a real mixed bag when requesting this feature. This particular hotel did NOT disappoint. We had an accessible one bedroom suite and it worked very well for our needs. The living room area was spacious enough for a wheelchair to move around without hitting furniture. Even the kitchen was modified! But the BEST part was the bathroom. It was large and included a roll in shower with two removable shower heads. If you don't need the roll in shower, then there is a drop down shower bench instead. We were able to leave the commode that we travel with in the bathroom area (that's how big the bathroom is) which meant that there lots of space in the suite itself. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We will return again!

Room Tip: Though many of the rooms have a great view, you simply must request a water-view room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Good morning Denise!

Thank you for recently staying with us and reviewing one of our two accessible one bedroom suites! I'm glad that you found it fitting for it's purpose. I'm also glad to hear that you were able to avoid any furniture bumping! ;)

Denise, we'll be very happy to welcome you and your family back to Kingston when you're in town again. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

i just moved into kingston as i got a work offer at kingston hospitals, i had to stay at the hotel with my wife and my 2 year old daughter for 3 weeks to look for a proper residence (August 2014).
it is now my favourite hotel in town for sure.
The reception staff are extremely nice and helpful (specially Dave and Kate), they really do their best to fulfil what you wish for, sometimes they even do your homework!
Room rates are affordable for prolonged stay and the hotel can make some good deals with you.
Location is Fantastic, within walking distance to everything in downtown.
Room size and facilities are wonderful.
I've been to many hotels around the world, and i can say this is a Great place to stay, highly Recommended 9/10

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Ahmedsnell.

Welcome to Kingston and thank you for choosing us as your gateway to our historic city! We are always proud to open the doors to new locals. And thank you for your kind words regarding Kate and myself! Kate's attention to detail and service is truly inspiring.

Ahmedsnell, it sounds like you've really enjoyed your stay. And of course, we are always happy to help newcomers get a foothold in Kingston.

Keep us in mind for your next 'stay'cation! ;)

Reviewed 25 August 2014

My employer had booked this hotel for a national executive meeting held in Kingston earlier last year and had nothing but excellent things to say of it, so my family and friends decided to share a two bedroom suite with water view as our base this past weekend to explore Kingston and area.

Overall, it was a delight. Fantastic views, friendly staff, nicely sized room, clean facilities, and a great location. We used our two night stay here to explore downtown Kingston, grabbing food at Chez Piggy and Woodenheads, dessert at Mio Gelato's, listening to live music at the waterfront, bringing back produce from the farmers market at Market Square to cook in the hotel room, and see Queen's University and the beautiful Lake Ontario shoreline. Eventually we made our way to Fort Henry and even Prince Edward County for some wine tasting. We thoroughly enjoyed having this Marriott as our headquarters for our adventures. We'd end off the nights playing board games, having some wine/beer, and a cheese platter with freshly baked brie from the oven.

Now, some constructive criticism/suggestions:
- As I actually live in Kingston and was hosting family and friends, I wasn't surprised with the parking cost of $16+tax. There isn't much alternative since the street meters are generally limited to 3 hour stays (@$1/hr), and the city garage's are too far (not that they are much cheaper if you do the math). Just keep in mind that parking is generally free in Kingston on Sundays so that might save you a day's cost if you could be troubled to move your car and let check-in know. Otherwise, the in-and-out privileges were sort of nice, so I wasn't too troubled with the parking rates. Also, city parking is free after 5:30pm usually (always check signage!)
- The two bedroom suites need an additional light/lamp on the dining table. The room is a bit dim otherwise.
- The bed may be a tad bit too soft, but that may also just be due to me having some picky patrons.
- Thursday night light dinner gets a bit crazy it seems. Management needs to be prepared that if you offer free food, you need to be prepared for an onslaught. Offering food and then mentioning you might be running out will generate more negative association with the event than you would've generated otherwise.

Thanks for a nice stay. I'll be back.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view of the lake goes without saying. We were on the fourth floor and found it adequate already though.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KtownDannyboi

Hello Ktown Dannyboi.

I'm very pleased to hear that you spent your stay with us in one of our unique two bedroom waterview suites! They are by far the most accommodating for families up to 6 people.

It sounds like you've hit up some of Kingston's most popular and reputable restaurants and even took advantage of the Farmer's Market at Springer Market Square to cook in your ensuite kitchen. Way to keep it local! It truly sounds like you really know how to make the most of your vacation.

Thank you for your advice also. We definitely strive to give our guests the BEST experience possible. We'll be sure to take your tips under consideration. Dannyboi, did you know that if you have any inquiries during your stay, the Residence Inn Team is generally a creative bunch that are there to help. It's not unheard of to lend a lamp from the sales office or a fan from the front desk for any guests with specific requests.

I am very sorry that it was mentioned that we might run out of food! In a situation like that, we are prepared with a back-up plan. If you would like to discuss this in greater detail, I will be more than happy to take any more feedback. My email is gss.marriott2@gmail.com

Thank you again for staying and I'm anticipating your return!

Oh! By the way, it seems you have some refined tastes. Being a Kingston local, have you been yet to the Kingston Olive Oil company on Brock Street? It'd be a great place to pick up some infused oils (or even a great place to tour the shop and sample the oils), then across the street to Cooke's for some unique herbs, cheeses, or vinegar, following that, a short walk to Pan Chancho's for a locally baked bread... perfect for dipping!