Courtyard by Marriott Kingston Highway 401 / Division Street
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Right off the highway. Room was a nice size and furnished nicely. Got up in the AM to have coffee but the maids left the used coffee in the pot with dirty cups. Ryan at the front desk sent coffee right up and treated us to breakfast to make up for the mess. Ryan handled it perfectly as upset as we were he made it right. Thats all you can ask for. Very quiet room and a great nights sleep. There is no complimentary breakfast and tells you that on their site but they do have an in house restaurant that had great breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ron R

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Visiting a Queens U student this weekend and stayed at Courtyard.overnight. About 7-8 minute drive to University. Clean and comfortable. Many restaurants and shopping within walking distance. It's not downtown Kingston but for the savings, it was perfect for our visit. Starbucks available in lobby along with some other refreshments. The afternoon we checked in, we could not find anyone to serve us a beverage.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

It was my first time at a Marriott brand hotel and I stayed here for one night this past weekend. The lobby was very welcoming and homely. The check-in and sign-up for the rewards program were quick and easy. The room was very clean and spacious. Upon entering my room I knew I would enjoy my stay there.

There is an indoor pool with a slide and a whirlpool spa onsite. The water was warm and made the swim quite enjoyable.

I had a king bed to myself and it was really comfortable.

I could get by with the wireless internet but I think the speed could be better or if the room is upgraded with wired internet.
I had breakfast at the lobby. They serve Starbucks coffee at Starbucks rate so my bill came out a little more expensive than if I went to a local breakfast spot downtown.

It has been a great stay, can't wait to stop at another Marriott brand hotel when I am out traveling.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is a new fairly new property with easy access to the highway. Yes it is in the same parking log as the mini outlet mall and across the street is a movie theatre. There are plenty of fast food restaurants nearby which I'm sure can be attributed to the fact it's right off the highway. First impression of the hotel is good, the lobby is clean and has a nice feel to it. They do only have 2 check in counters which I'm sure can get busy so I'm not sure how that is handled. The check in area has a small feel to it due to the tables for the bar / breakfast area. No there is no free breakfast, but they do offer a full breakfast if you want to pay for it. It's just as easy and probably cheaper to go right down the street to the Denny's. My check in was fairly quick, but not problem free. I'm not sure why I'm asked if I want a high floor (they only have 4) as on my Marriott profile it states I prefer a high floor away from elevators and the clerk had just said they had my rewards number on file. Anyways I requested the 4th floor and this would have been a good opportunity to state the room I would end up with was right across from the elevator and was an accessible room. Yes it's a larger room, but I don't need nor do I want to stay in this type of room. Needless to say when I got to the room and realized they had checked me into an accessible room I tried to call the front desk, but there was no answer. So back to the front desk I went and the clerk made me feel like I was an inconvenience. I guess it was my fault that she had been checking people in all morning and if I really wanted a room it would have to be on the lower level on the noisy floor, her words not mine. Needless to say I got a room on the first floor in the hall leading to the pool and I didn't hear a thing all night. The room is an average size and it is nicely furnished. The bathroom has a stand up shower only, but it's larger than what it would be if it was a bath tub / shower combination. The bed was very comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. The black out shade worked wonderfully as there wasn't any light creeping in on the sides like most places.

The reason I titled this as pricey is due to the cost of the rooms. I paid $189 for a Saturday night and I think this is a ridiculous price for a hotel in Kingston. Yes it's a nice hotel, but it isn't worth paying almost $200 a night especially being as there is no complimentary breakfast. If you can get a great deal then I'd say go for it, but I'm sure there are other establishments that offer more for the dollar value.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aveclesfilles
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed here for a couple nights during a visit to 1000 islands

Good;
Rooms looked fresh and definetly upscaled.
Fantastic customer service
Close to outlet shopping

Not so good
No breakfast provided.
Away from the touristy action.

Room Tip: The front desk is very sweet. Be courteous and they will do their best.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank vin2die4
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We had booked 3 nights at the hotel across the street. That was a mistake. Checked out after the first very uncomfortable night and came here. We were more than pleased with this hotel. This was also our first stay at a Marriott and we were very impressed.

Very clean. Very comfortable. Staff were very pleasant & helpful.

Will definitely return on our next visit to Kingston. Highly recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob-Vicky
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Best of everything. Full of outlet shops, plenty of good restaurants and great hotel ... All in same location. Very convenient. Half way between mtl and toronto. Healthy breakfast options with a quick and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank jjal2013
Travellers also viewed these Kingston hotels
Grenville Park
Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Kingston Highway 401 / Division Street? Share your experiences!